Arbroath v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Arbroath v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:28 am

Is this a season defining week for Accies? A win over Arbroath and suddenly there is a six point gap over the bottom team and we have won 2 games in a row. Lose and we are bottom again. After last season Arbroath just can’t seem to find anything like that form. Their fans seem split on whether it’s the quality of summer signings or Dick. With Accies you can be confident that you can’t be confident. Assuming no fresh injuries same starting eleven I assume.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Arbroath v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:15 pm

And an injury update from Rankin here. Everybody and there dug gets a mention apart from Jamie Hamilton. Will we ever see him again?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... e-28287011
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:19 pm

Regan Thomson ????
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:29 pm

Is there PATG or buy a ticket at the stadium option for this
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Supposed to e on line.purchase only according.to Accies twitter
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:53 pm

Well bottom again. First of all we lose Fulton in the warm up and young Smith has to go in the goals. Lose a goal in the 45th minute. Never a good time. Lose O’Reilly to a soft red according to some there, before we really get going in the second half and Cove earn a point. So do they sack Rankin? Probably not but I’ve seen them come and go so que sera still one of the weakest squads I’ve seen unless you go back to the early 7O’s. Heh they get to play on the dodgems when they get back to the Fun fair.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:00 pm

The ‘change in atmosphere’ went well then. Good to see RankinBall in full action again. Soft red but Scott Martin sold O’Reilly down the river probably a good thing Scott misses Cove next week he’s been off the boil for weeks.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:23 pm

No Martin or O'Reilly next week. Probably means young Owens and Mimnaugh v a very decent Cove side who are clearly not going to finish bottom. Very worrying.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:11 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well bottom again. First of all we lose Fulton in the warm up and young Smith has to go in the goals. Lose a goal in the 45th minute. Never a good time. Lose O’Reilly to a soft red according to some there, before we really get going in the second half and Cove earn a point. So do they sack Rankin? Probably not but I’ve seen them come and go so que sera still one of the weakest squads I’ve seen unless you go back to the early 7O’s. Heh they get to play on the dodgems when they get back to the Fun fair.

No way that was a decent squad back then,Rikki Ferguson Jim Frew Drew Young Neil Hood, Paul Hegarty, Jim Dempsey
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:15 pm

Once again Scott Martin cost us via a powderpuff challenge.He should have brought the Arbroath player down before the pass which led to the goal.Even an experienced Referee connected to Accies said the same at the game.

Second half we started well but fizzled out after a bad Scott Martin pass led to O'Reilly bringing the man down for a soft sending off.After that we huffed and puffed and if any team was going to score, it was Arbroath with Scott Allan missing when it looked easier to score and a sitter in injury time.

Next week is now even more important as if Cove Rangers beat us,the gap could be too much as this squad will struggle to make up the points difference.off

These players need to quickly grasp that this is the last chance saloon of full-time football for some of them if we go down.
Last edited by YeOldeHamiltonian on Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:No Martin or O'Reilly next week. Probably means young Owens and Mimnaugh v a very decent Cove side who are clearly not going to finish bottom. Very worrying.

Maybe we will see the appearance of the mystery man which is Lucas De Bolle...or maybe not.

I am not Doyle's biggest fan but he did well going to centre half after O'Reilly went off and a last ditch tackle stopped a goal.Only snag is if we play Lawson at right back we lose him in midfield.

End of the day, these changes would not be a worry if Jamie Hamilton had got himself fit.Disgraceful that he came back so unfit when he is badly needed at the moment.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:24 pm

smc4761 wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Well bottom again. First of all we lose Fulton in the warm up and young Smith has to go in the goals. Lose a goal in the 45th minute. Never a good time. Lose O’Reilly to a soft red according to some there, before we really get going in the second half and Cove earn a point. So do they sack Rankin? Probably not but I’ve seen them come and go so que sera still one of the weakest squads I’ve seen unless you go back to the early 7O’s. Heh they get to play on the dodgems when they get back to the Fun fair.

No way that was a decent squad back then,Rikki Ferguson Jim Frew Drew Young Neil Hood, Paul Hegarty, Jim Dempsey

A team with Jim Frew in it lost 15 out of 16 matches in 71/72. The team improved greatly the following season with some of the others you mention. Rikki didn't appear until 2974.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Totally agree SMC but the first couple of years I started watching anybody and their dug were getting a game. I’m sure Ralph Brand turned out a few times and there was a guy who had been playing for one of the Sheffields but had been banned for years along with a couple of others by the English FA for match fixing or similar. He got a game. Mind you I didn’t care they were all stars to me.

Disgraceful that he came back so unfit when he is badly needed at the moment

I’m wondering if there is more to it than they are letting on. Mind he collapsed and was out for a few games before we were reassured all was well.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:09 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies