MortEn. V Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

MortEn. V Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:36 pm

So as YOH has pointed out results elsewhere not going our way this week and given this is only October worrying to say the least. This is definitely a six pointer. In fact lose and Arbroath win and a we could be bottom. I’ll be there but not my favourite ground more because it feels a bit claustrophobic in that wee stand. I’d rather away fans had a bit of the covered terracing opposite. I’m hoping De Bolle may make his first start and One is on the bench where he should be at this stage of his development. Will Jamie Hamilton miraculously appear? His last appearance for us was if I’m correct the 16th of April at Cappielow. What a wasted nearly six months. Can his career recover from his Agents’ mismanagement of the boys career? Anyway narrow win for Morton my prediction.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: MortEn. V Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:39 pm

Well at least we are getting injury updates but not good news at all. De Bolle has a concussion reoccurrence and Hamilton is weeks away from making an appearance and Virtanen, remember him, has only just started training.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... g-28161693
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:54 pm

Whoever is authorising these signings needs replaced.
Surely they have medicals !!! Real problem is even when these guys are eventually ready we will have many of current team out injured so we will not benefit at all.
Recruitment has been a disgrace last 3 seasons at least & it looks like we could pay the ultimate penalty this time.
Our 9th game of the season should never be a six pointer but it looks that way, very worrying times ahead.
5 at the back is a must for me as we are simply nowhere near good enough and carry no threat, all season so far every team is happy to concede possession as we cant hurt them, then they pick us off.
Hoping for a 0-0 at least to stop the rot.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:36 pm

3-0 down after 23 minutes and not one tweet by Accies since match started. No midfield. What on earth is Rankin thinking, given out current form? You make yourselves hard to break down first and foremost. A midfield of Martin, Smith and Lawson is not going to do the job. Mind you, you could stick Mimnaugh in there too and it wouldn't be much better. Think he might walk after this especially if it ends up 5-0.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:3-0 down after 23 minutes and not one tweet by Accies since match started. No midfield. What on earth is Rankin thinking, given out current form? You make yourselves hard to break down first and foremost. A midfield of Martin, Smith and Lawson is not going to do the job. Mind you, you could stick Mimnaugh in there too and it wouldn't be much better. Think he might walk after this especially if it ends up 5-0.

We can but live in hope. 5-0 down, with about 20 minutes to go

Looking at his line up today, I know we have injuries but this is just a ridiculous starting line up. Wonder what crap Rankin will come out with after the game

Now I thought Canning was a joke as a manger but Rankin seems to be taking us to new lows. Sunshine leagues here we come.

Really feel for those Accies fans who made the journey down to Capplielow

Shambles of a club from top to bottom, run by amateurs.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Canning kept us up for three season and had some amazing results inc a win at Ibrox. Many wins over Motherwell. Beat league leaders Hearts, Hibs 3-1 at Easter Riad. There really is no comparison.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:05 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Canning kept us up for three season and had some amazing results inc a win at Ibrox. Many wins over Motherwell. Beat league leaders Hearts, Hibs 3-1 at Easter Riad. There really is no comparison.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Given the way things have gone is past few years Canning is starting to look like Jock Stein, ( OK slight exagerration)

Rankin may want to consider his position and any reputation he has before it is completely destroyed. Once again Accies with a horrendous goals against and the worst in league

Can any Accies fans see a a way back, or are we off to Montrose, Kelty, Peterhead next season
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:49 pm

Left after 53 mins.

Horrendous with zero positives. Rankin sending them back out after 7 mins of half time worked a treat. 2 more goals straight away. He has to go and soon or we will be in League 1 soon and with so many ambitious teams coming up the pyramid I cant see us getting back up.
Gav
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Left at 75 mins. Have always stuck it out to the end but today was absolutely dire. Morton were far better organised, had more fight, and we were second to most balls. Full of mistakes today, Little evidence of any TEAM togetherness. Individual players in Accies strips unco-ordinated with each other.

We ARE going down to the seaside at the end of the season. There is not the slightest sign of any recovery from where we are. Doom and Gloom? No, it's just the reality of where we have sunk down to in the last three years.

Who would ever contemplate signing for Hamilton at any January window, even if funds were available?

But meantime, there's always the bonus of the Fireworks night soon, to spend whatever is left in the kitty.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:53 pm

Well ever the optimist I had 2 positives from today. Arbroath only managed a draw so we are not bottom and at 5 -0 I was able to leave early and miss most of the traffic jam at Ibrox. Dreadful day out made particularly worse by the goal celebrations of Muirhead and Kabila? who got hooked by Imrie. Both players should have been booked by the ref and I’m extremely greatful that other than some bits of paper nothing was thrown at them by our fans. Not sour grapes. Really out of order.
To the game itself. No defence, no midfield and no threat up front. Asking Ryan, Virtanen and Owens to come off the bench and make a difference in those circumstances after long periods out was a huge ask and so it proved. Lots of anger directed at Rankin. Ok we can question the set up, tactics, subs etc but that squad is so weak its no surprise really. Off the park job after job has been shed. Ffs Gillian Cunning is writing news stories for the web page. On the park the squad budget has been cut to the bone and the experience signed are struggling at championship level. We have taken in money from Clyde, Fergusons’ Italy transfer the new stadium sponsor but Mcgoofey is still syphoning of money to Blameless and is accumulating cash not for the first team but for converting the north stand into a hostel. Rankin is a young manager with potential who is going to be seriously damaged by his first managers job he has my sympathy.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:14 pm

Where to begin?!!

An absolute shambles from the very start. Not one positive to take.

Losing early goals again, both halves this week. Forcing young players into a team well before they are ready isn’t going to help them at all. One especially looks a talent but he’s probably at very least a year away from being thrown in like he has been the last two games. Wonder if his dad still has his boots?
Owens had a shocker for their fourth. Efe Ambose was in with the Accies fans today. I know Rankin has ruled it out a few times but surely he’s worth a punt.

What was sending the players out early at half time all about? Nobody even thought to give them a ball to kick about or do any training drills? Instead they were just awkwardly standing about.

Rankin says all the right things but I could do that too. I’ve still to see the fight, dig, intensity and hard work he talks about. It doesn’t take the best manager in the world to have us set up to be organised and difficult to break down. A disgrace that Dougie was on the opposing dugout today. He done so well with his under 18s taking them into Europe, a club legend. Would love to see him in our dugout now but I don’t know if there was a fall out or not. Probably wouldn’t want it at the moment though, who would?

We badly need investment or there is only one way we are going and we’re not coming back.

Three really tough games coming up. No idea where our next points are coming from.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:52 pm

Never thought I would be in the house back home just as an away game at Cappielow is finishing, but here we are.I left at 5-0 but heard only a great Fulton save stopped it being six.

Think it is 8 years ago we won at Celtic Park and how far we have fallen since then.Guys who we got rid of as not up to the standard required are now looking like world beaters against our haddies:Kilday,Gillespie,Quitongo etc.

Credit to Dougie taking Kabia off after the fourth as his actions after the goal were ott(no one had given him any abuse beforehand)and Dougie gave him a dressing down for his behaviour.Just as well perhaps as a large percentage of our fans had left by then and it could have ended up being nasty.

I backed Rankin, but the lack of organisation has been inexcusable.We signed one experienced player who is a dud-Doyle and half a dozen 18-20 year olds with no experience. Added to this,we got rid of deadwood in Moyo and signed a guy who is even more ineffective.

Nevertheless, the ultimate blame for our continuing shambles lies in the Boardroom:Canning,Rice,Taylor and now Rankin.Each progressively worse than the last although -up to today -Rankin had the excuse of being dealt a bad hand.

However, we were up against a club with as low a budget and the difference from the first game of the season(when we should have defeated them with 10 men) was astonishing.

Ronnie McDonald's legacy will be as The Grand Old Duke of York of Accies Owners: he marched us up to the top and is marching us all the way down again.

Sitting here still raging at how far we have fallen in such a short period of time.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:30 am

Yes, 8 years ago in October we were top of the Premier League, having beaten Celtic at Parkhead, just before my 50th birthday.
At this rate we’ll be in the bottom league by the time I celebrate 60 and I doubt I’ll see Accies in the top league again…
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:08 pm

Just watched the highlights over on Pie and Bovril. Bloody hell I knew the defence was absolute dross, but watching that shambles takes it to a new level of pish. The 4th goal in particular was actually embarrasing, talk about school boy error.

If we play like that every week we would be lucky to stay in league 2 never mind league 1.

Sorry guys but IMHO its automatic relegation
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:31 pm

TerracingTomas wrote: Rankin is a young manager with potential.

Hahah this is the worse take I’ve seen.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:45 pm

smc4761 wrote:Just watched the highlights over on Pie and Bovril. Bloody hell I knew the defence was absolute dross, but watching that shambles takes it to a new level of pish. The 4th goal in particular was actually embarrasing, talk about school boy error.

If we play like that every week we would be lucky to stay in league 2 never mind league 1.

Sorry guys but IMHO its automatic relegation

Who took that free kick that went out the park? Obviously included by Morton for comedy value. Mimnaugh did the exact same thing last week. What the f*** do they do in training apart from compete for shite drinks?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:46 pm

More shite from Rankin

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-28201262

Even Easton coming out with this. No shit Sherlock

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... y-28198563
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm

A very strong reserve side has just lost 2-1 at Ayr. 90+3 winner! Our goal was a penalty so we can't even score from open play in the reserves.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:00 pm

Yep as Stevie says, a very strong starting line up with perhaps O'Reilly the fall guy for Saturday and Doyle,Shiels etc on the bench.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies