Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:54 pm

Tickets for this game are available now. C u there :D

https://coverangersfc.com/2022/08/24/ti ... amilton-h/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Cove v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:33 pm

So I go to buy my ticket and I’m told I’m no 6290 in the queue and waiting time is 27 minutes.

They use Ticketco whose logo says Events payments made easy Aye right :x
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:08 am

There will be a Portocabin at the ground selling tickets which begets the question of why no PATG?
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:25 pm

83 minutes at Partick, 85 minutes at Ayr and 84 minutes today. With a bit more savvy we could be six points better off and breathing down Ayr's necks.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:28 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:83 minutes at Partick, 85 minutes at Ayr and 84 minutes today. With a bit more savvy we could be six points better off and breathing down Ayr's necks.

To be honest we have been like that the last few years, always losing goals after 85 minutes or so. As you say its a bad habit and with maybe a bit more experince in the team, we could stop this
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:15 pm

It's one thing doing it in the Premier, for a club of our size you expect that but when we're up against teams like today we should be able to either see it out or kill them off.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:10 pm

Well another away ground ticked off. It’s obvious that Coves’ on the field performances have outstripped the grounds development but the 2 gazebo stands at either end make it reasonably fit for purpose and the steak pie though overpriced was very good. Anyway as 3 of the 4 goals were at the away end it was a bit difficult to see the action in detail. I reckon we had the best of the first half and were a tad unlucky to go in 1 - 0 up at half time. After Tiehi’s goal there was a scramble that I thought had led to our second but it was cleared off the line apparently if those with better eyesight are to be believed. Second half I’ll need to see the highlights to appreciate their goals. O Reilly’s however unfolded right in front of me. Short corner by Lawson to Lewis who lost his marker turned and crossed the ball perfectly for O Reilly who ran in behind the defenders and headed it past the keeper. A cracker. But a draw probably fair. We can score goals without Ryan but the usual leaky defence and weak bench are going to undermine us.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:17 pm

Groundhog Season never mind Groundhog Day.

Tbh,we would probably have lost if we played another 5-10 minutes.As per usual,a big missed chance when one ahead and if that chance at the end of the first half had went in,we would have surely gone on to win the game.

I felt we were bullied physically and Ryan One looked every inch the 16 year old boy when he came on as he was bullied off the park.

Our forwards also gave Mark Reynolds far too much space allowing him to stroll with the ball like a prime Franz Beckenbaur and as some of us said at the game,this would cost us and led to the late equaliser.

The fact we lose late goals is due to the lack of experience and a decent bench which is costing us points.Yesterday was a case in point.Cove brought on a guy who scored with a wonder strike(his first touch) while we brought on a 16 year old and a guy Ngandu who was warned by the Gaffer due to his lackadaisical warm up routine.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:51 pm

Plans to go to Cove for a new ground were thwarted due to illness from travelling companion so a good synopsis from fellow posters appreciated.

Teams win games from the defence out, and we are once again punished for inexperience and ability of entire team to close a game out. Rankin HAS to work on his defence as an absolute priority, and Hamilton's absence as a defender is costing us here. And of course, we've just let Shaun Want go, which might have shored things up for the last 10/15 minutes when we are most vulnerable.

Bummer, but seeing Tehei on the scoresheet was good, as more goals from him in a game could see the opposition's heads go down.

ICT next week away?? Yet another draw?? Who knows.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gilbaldo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:47 pm

Highlights are now available;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyoaCtIcDvg
Gilbaldo
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:24 pm

You'd think it would embarrass Accies that every other team in the league can produce a highlights package. Not to mention several small clubs in the lower leagues like Montrose, East Fife and Stenhousemuir.

Mind you, Cove would be as well not bothering. I mean, when they can't even zoom in when it's a free kick or corner?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:23 pm

Don't knock it, SC. Far far better than we have ever produced. As you correctly say, It's another embarassment.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:43 pm

porcupine wrote:Don't knock it, SC. Far far better than we have ever produced. As you correctly say, It's another embarassment.

You've better eyesight than me, porcupine, I can barely make out our first goal. Would you believe Ashfield put Accies to shame. They do excellent footage, up on YouTube. That's Ashfield of the eighth tier!!!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:18 pm

We have produced virtually zero video highlights of any games in any league, so even a long lens Cove report is better than what Accies do. Yes, the lack of close ups did not show who/ how we managed to loose two goals, far less score two. And as for other clubs in any minor league also agree that many produce a fine synopsis video.

McG does not see any benefit of a video as nil income, all expense.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies