Ayr v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Ayr v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:45 pm

Well Rankin is back in the dugout for this one but as at time of posting no word of signings. I’m sure there will be some before the window closes but every time he says there will be a couple of signings this week I snigger. Not even confirmation that Jamie Hamilton has resigned which I find strange. Anyway presumably no Chucky so I assume the big boy from Fulham will start? The latest re tickets on the day is that you can buy from the Ayr shop between 12/1 pm then ticket sales move to the dedicated ticket office from 1 pm. Got mine online and looking forward to another sunny day although I feel for the players if this temperature holds up tomorrow. Again I’ll go for a narrow win to either side. :D
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Ayr v Accies

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:35 pm

Could’ve easily lost, but should’ve seen the game out.

Ayr possibly should’ve had a penalty at 1-0 as the guy had his arm pulled for a good 10 yards which carried on into box where he fell and luckily the inept ref never gave it. However he did give them a pen for which I’m convinced the accies player clearly won the ball and judging by the accies players reactions then for me probably not a pen. Maybe he felt he’d made an arse of the earlier one he didn’t give so felt he had to even it up.

Wonder goal from winter, shifted it and top bins as they say. They could’ve easily went in 4-1 at half time if they’d scored the pen and the big 9 took his other 2 clear cut chances from a simple ball through the middle.

2nd half I thought for long spells we were comfortable and went 2-1 up and I can’t remember if it was at 2-1 where teihi had a simple tap in from 6 yards and couldn’t connect which would’ve killed them, a dreadful miss and he didn’t really cause them any problems going forward. Always wanted to come towards the ball instead of going in behind
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:50 pm

If he scored the penalty, the other two chances don't necessarily happen, the whole course of the game then changes. Sorry, a real bugbear of mine and so few commentators or experts get it. Managers will say "we could've been 3-0 up when it's actually 0-0. No, the most you can say is you could have been 1-0 up. Right, as you were.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:50 am

Decent result, still unbeaten in 3, albeit 3 draws, 3 points. When will we ever learn to see a game out

A coincidence that we conceded the goal dropped points, when Want came on ?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:39 am

2nd half I thought for long spells we were comfortable and went 2-1 up and I can’t remember if it was at 2-1 where teihi had a simple tap in from 6 yards and couldn’t connect which would’ve killed them, a dreadful miss
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:47 am

2nd half I thought for long spells we were comfortable and went 2-1 up and I can’t remember if it was at 2-1 where teihi had a simple tap in from 6 yards and couldn’t connect which would’ve killed them, a dreadful miss

He missed a few minutes before we got our second. I always like to listen to open all mikes while watching the game and Derek Ferguson said he sidestepped it instead of putting his laces through it! Que sera.

Overall another grand day out. Can’t remember the last time I sat in shorts and t shirts to watch a game. Thought the players coped well with the heat and certainly the pace the game was played at in the first half was surprising given the conditions Overall a draw probably fair and worth the admission money for Winter's goal and the Ayr equaliser. Fulton starting to look like the real deal at long last and in Winter we may have a prolific striker. Can’t blame Want for the second Ayr goal but honestly that bench is frightening at the moment. Where’s the Ferguson money gone? No excuses for not making any more signings.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies