Jags v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Jags v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:33 pm

Rankin in the stand alongside Want. No signings. No official confirmation that Hamilton has resigned. Even if he has he can’t be match fit and no new Assistant. You can see where the Boards strategy of relying on youth and all the experienced players being available is going to fall apart as the season goes on and it’s only league match day 2. However we are in the Jackie Husband stand which is much more agreeable than the old one and I’ve got my ticket(touchy subject I know). Partick look as though they have built on last season and are going to make a real push for promotion. I would expect a2/3 goal defeat for us but this football so ever optimistic I’ll say a very tight game with the odd goal in it.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Jags v Accies

Postby Bluesy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:09 am

Really looking forward to this game.
I couldn’t fully concentrate last week for staring at Grant Gillespie’s new carpet however there were some good signs.
Chucky, Andy Winter and Lewis Smith are capable of giving big defenders the runaround as long as they get the ball to feet and I can see some progress from last season (there is less hoofball).
Commitment and organisation look better. It’s still going to be really tough for us (particularly today) but it’s nice to be looking at progress because last season was a tough watch not helped by arriving at Inverness on that last Friday night 1 minute late and being locked out (we finally took our seats just in time to see Inverness’ third goal!)
Hoping for a back 4 but know that it might end in disaster.
Now need to get the tickets- hate this online only pish
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:18 pm

Not going to complain about a point away from home against a team that’s seen as a promotion candidates although not on that performance. Daftest own goal I can remember in ages but I’ll take it. Thought we battled throughout. Fulton pulled off a few good saves and Want wasn’t missed. Can’t say I saw enough of our new striker to offer an opinion. He’s far from proven but given our financial situation it’s the kind of signing we can expect.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:31 am

We weathered the storm at times but could have snatched it after the equaliser when Winter was in on the keeper and the chance when Winter or was it Smith? cut the ball back but would have got a penalty if he had went down.

We missed Chucky I feel as too often Winter and others made the wrong decision when attacking a mediocre Thistle central defence.

A shambles outside a la tickets:fans with online tickets not having their QR codes recognised despite purchasing online and other Accies fans walking away as no PATG as they didn't know it was online only.

Same scenario at the home end and eventually Gerry Britton appeared to take money off our fans outside to get them into the ground.

Of course with a dedicated PATG/Card payment option,this shambles would have been avoided.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:17 pm

Away from what was a good point, rather perplexed as to that half time nonsense involving a giant wasp, nets and a massive beach ball. Saw a jags fan give a steward a bollocking as he was embarrassed! What the flip was that about??!
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies