Board shake up

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Board shake up

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:28 pm

So along with a change of manager there is a shake up (allegedly) of the corporate governance. Mcgoofey would have us believe that he will focus on the commercial side and presumably step down from the board of the football club while he and the stadium company board focus on fund raising. Allows Mcgoofey to say he has indeed got out of our club.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... m-27313681

Sadly nothing changes. It’s always been Ronnie, Les and Maitland who made the football decisions while Mcgoofey milked the stadium for his own personal gain and that of his charity. I didn’t renew my season ticket of 20 years because of that man’s commercial shenanigans. I suspect season ticket sales have collapsed hence the smoke and mirrors. Remember this is the man who repeatedly tells us he sets the budget and who famously told the New York Times that he had no interest in football only the ‘business of football’. A true snake oil salesman. See you at away games guys and girls.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Board shake up

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:43 pm

Surely this is a step in the right direction? There is no way he is going to walk away totally!
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Oh and for what’s it’s worth here are some suggestions for real change.

Wind up the ultimate holding company of the stadium and club Edencrest
Put the 55% controlling share of Deeka who own the stadium into the hands of the football club who cease to be the tenant of their own stadium
Appoint a suitably qualified CEO with business acumen who truly loves football to run the whole shebang professionally I.e no drug cartel sponsors etc.
Appoint directors who have real business acumen and come from Hamilton. Oh and aren’t famous Ffs
And while your at it Clear off and run Blameless from your luxury drug rehabilitation unit

You’ve had your 60 minutes worth of fame “I’m in charge” and it’s a shambles.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:45 pm

I realise it's not much of a contribution but isn't McClown more suitable than McGoofey?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Just watched Mcgoofey’s video re the new season. Well only the first minute. He’s waving a folder which he reveals contains “close to 300 new season ticket applications” Is that it not even 300. Last year were told there were 700 season tickets although that seemed to include concessions. Support collapsing and the boards panicking but as Mcgoofey says who needs the fans measly contribution when you’ve got my commercial income. Oops that’s right Nero Vodka didn’t actually hand over cash. And what happened to the media centre Foys were going to build not forgetting the clinic employing over 20 individuals. It’s a Walter Mitty wonderland and the fans aren’t buying it.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:08 pm

So what do we make of the new commercial board? Judging by the photo Mcgoofeys’ not impressed. ‘I’m in charge’, hopefully not any more.

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/commerci ... kes-shape/

Firstly the use of the title board is a misnomer as the new guys aren’t as yet anyway directors of the football club or stadium company so it’s more an advisory panel. Steve McCallion whose pictured is the ceo/company director of the ZLX Group founded 2019. I know I’ve never heard of them either. A fellow director of that group is none other than Dave McKinnon our just appointed Director of Football so there’s the connection.

But let’s be positive here. I’m hoping these guys including John Brown have been brought in not by Mcgoofey but by Ronnie/ Les and Maitland to clip Mcgoofeys’ wings and identify serious sponsorship money that’s not tainted by international drug cartels. Let’s face it Mcgoofeys’ attempts at commercial fundraising and minding the business side of things have by any measure been a disaster. From the bank account scam to penniless sponsors it couldn’t get any worse.

Maybe it’s too soon but it will be interesting to see who the new shirt sponsors are. Ideally this new ‘board’ will have secured serious money for the shirts.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 pm

Like you, TT, I ran some companies house checks on the two names. As stated, neither are Directors, as yet?, of the Stadium Company. So where's the gain, or incentive here? Both companies/groups they own are apparently fairly new start ups, though one has been very profitable in its second year.

They may not be injecting any cash to the Stadium Company (and why would you if not a Shareholder or Director??), so I'm still to understand where the motivation is, as "White Knights" to find income that will support the football club, via the stadium company? And, yes. the same David McKinnon. Thought the two new set-ups were to be seperate, a commecial board and a football board. Conflict of Interest, IMO!!

Await anyone else' forensic results.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby southoftheborder » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Access Assist, the sponsor name on the new home strip is part of the ZL Group
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:09 pm

Not to be confused with the ZLX group, the ZX Group are Directors’ Seref Zengin group of companies which include Active Access. So either they haven’t had time to come up with somebody new and have had to beg Seref to step in or he’s more than happy to put some cash in. Either way well done him.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:04 pm

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club-announcement/

So what do you make of that? Are we supposed to shout hallelujah the saviour is here? Note Ronnie is described as the CLUB CEO and so has no oversight of the stadium and the revenue it generates. All I know is Colin Mcgowan owns the stadium and the club lock stock and barrel and if you are truly the CEO Ronnie then you would be running the commercial side as well. More smoke and mirrors.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:31 pm

I'm not unhappy that Ronnie McD is still around and has some influence on the Football Club's running. He's a football man, through and through, as are Allan and Les and we must ensure that they DO get support to keep the Football Club going, even with C McG in the background with whatever shareholdings they all have in Edencrest as the overall owner of the Stadium.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Davie Hogg » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:I realise it's not much of a contribution but isn't McClown more suitable than McGoofey?

McGoon would be better.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Begs.hafc » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:51 am

You renewing your season ticket nowTT?
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:43 pm

You renewing your season ticket nowTT?

No reason too Begs. My decision not to renew wasn’t based on the football side of things it was based on McGowans running of the business and ownership of the stadium. Things have only got worse in the last few weeks with Ronnie selling out the stadium and the club to Mcgowan. Ronnie now has no leverage over Mcgowan unless he has photographs :lol:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:56 pm

Suggest you re-check Companies House SC251459 under People with Significant Control. Record shows different from what you are suggesting.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:37 pm

Suggest you re-check Companies House SC251459 under People with Significant Control. Record shows different from what you are suggesting.

Not sure what you are getting at Porcupine? SC251459 is of course Edencrest the ultimate holding company of the football club and the stadium. In the case of the stadium through Deeka.

The records for the shareholding now show Mcgowan as owning 180 shares and Les 20 and that’s it, as Mcgowan acquired Ronnies shares.

Under persons with significant control you have Colin Mcgowan listed. If you are referring to the explanation under that which says ownership of shares and ownership of voting rights “more than 25% but not more than 50%” that’s what it’s always said. It’s just not been updated to reflect McGowans significant increase in shareholding to essentially 90%
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:15 pm

PM'd you on this
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies