Accies squad for 22/23

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies squad for 22/23

Postby WAC » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Virtanen isn’t going anywhere as accies have fucked his injury up , Spence injured so won’t be going anywhere , Ellis brown High on list to go

Want is going to larne , Ambrose signing this week , boy from Newcastle coming on loan and hopefully a striker
WAC
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:31 pm

So WAC is ITK and Want has signed for Larne. At the start of last season it looked as though he was coming into his own then he got injured and never really came back. Best of luck to him

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/club-sta ... haun-want/
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:12 am

So that’s Spence confirmed as out for 6 months. Effectively we won’t see him this season and we will no doubt release him at the end. I know he’s not rated by many but as I’ve said before the boards current strategy is based on the youngsters developing supported by experience. It all starts falling apart when we leave recruitment to the last minute and long term injuries start. Rabbits out the hat time today.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:17 am

So this is the boy WAC refers to from Newcastle

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... yF4bXxaGoc

Looks as though it’s a 90% certainty :?:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 pm

The latest from Lanarkshire Live

Accies boss John Rankin tells me he's confident of getting Lucas de Bolle signing over the line. Has to be done today, of course, as it is cross-border.

They have a couple of irons in the fire but face competition.

Rankin says: "I've got a funny feeling it could be a long day."

I take it from that that we have made offers but the agents will be looking for a better deal elsewhere.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:21 pm

Newcastle confirming De Bolle signing for us on a season long loan. They have given him a new 2 year contract so must rate him.

https://twitter.com/NUFC
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Well heres hoping the youngster does well and better than Mathieson, who I thought would have been a great signing.

My concern is that we have yet another youngster weighing about 8 stone soaking wet. We seem to be very lightweight and have a lack of experience throughout the team, Ea\ston aside the average age of tem must be about 21
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:30 pm

So that's it according to Lanarkshire Live, unless we sign the proverbial frees. At the beginning of July Mcgoofey was quoted in a Daily Record interview -

“And with purse strings tightened at New Douglas Park this season ahead of a second season in the Championship, it has been made clear by chief executive Colin McGowan that the club will need to rely on their production line more than ever this term”

On paper no longer CEO but as the owner, when it comes to the playing budget he’s has made it clear over the seasons that he sets the budget. The below shows he has indeed reduced the playing budget even more. 12 out including probably some of the higher earners and half that in and signings delayed until the last minute rather than from the start of the season.

So what do you think, a squad that can make the play offs or one that will struggle in the bottom half?

Out (12)

- Freed/Released
Ronan Hughes
Ben Stirling
Kieran Macdonald
Kyle Munro
Lennon Pirrie
Sam Nicolson
Shaun Want
David Moyo

- Returned to parent club
Hilton/Kennedy/Mullin/Popescu

In (6)
Jonny Ngandu
Michael Doyle
Jean Pierre Tiehi (Season loan)
Regan Thomson
Dario Zanatta
Lucas de Bolle (Season losn)

Contracts renewed/extended (3)
Easton
Fulton
Hamilton

Long term injuries (5)
Redfern (Thank you eagle eye Earnock Accie)
Ryan
Spence
Virtanen
Gaffney
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:10 pm

Looking at the squad, it is evident that the team really lacks experience. First 11 may be OK but once suspensions and injuries kick in we will be near bottom end of table for most of season, perhaps even play off place at bottom
smc4761
Premiership

Postby EarnockAccie » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:13 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:
Long term injuries (4)
Ryan
Spence
Virtanen
Gaffney

Should that be (5), 4 + Marley Redfern?
EarnockAccie
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:37 pm

With Tiehi struggling for tomorrow,that would leave us with one recognised striker in Andy Winter as Ryan One is apparently a winger.

I feel we needed to bring in another striker up front-even before injuries as we are lacking in experience up top also.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Injury update re Spence and De Bolle. Spence might be back earlier at the turn of the year and De bolle held up by concussion rules but I’m sure it says he hasn’t trained for a month now so maybe won’t see him until October :?:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... k-27928728
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:17 pm

From the clubs Twitter feed

Midfielder Regan Thomson, 19, has departed the club, having joined us in August but had not appeared for us. He leaves with our good wishes

Another example of a shotgun signing policy or factors out with the clubs’ control?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:54 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:From the clubs Twitter feed

Midfielder Regan Thomson, 19, has departed the club, having joined us in August but had not appeared for us. He leaves with our good wishes

Another example of a shotgun signing policy or factors out with the clubs’ control?

One of the "Newcastle Two"??

Perhaps "Sign for Accies and they're daft enough to pay your wages for a few months so that we dont have to?"
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:12 pm

I was told that Thomson arrived unfit and, like Jamie Hamilton, had failed to keep himself in good condition over the summer...and yet we still signed him. A farce of a club.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Jamie Hamilton last appeared for us on the 16th of April against Morton away. It was announced he had signed a new 2 year contract on the 15th August. 9+ weeks later no sign of him. He’s not even getting game time with the reserves. Did Rankin ever say he was carrying an injury?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm

Caught up with "A View from the Terrace" having been away & recorded two programmes. They were discussing Accies doing a 'Slow Brechin' and likely to keep sliding down the leagues.

Its obvious to one and all that we are in dire straights as to putting together a squad with enough experience and fight for Championship football, and who knows thereafter as probably a part-time outfit. Cove must be rubbing their hands together at the chance of playing Accies this Saturday when we are incapable of winning at home or away, other than a freak result at ICT.

Still think we are seen as gullible, when we sign players on loan (& pay their wages), when they arrive unfit, and seem to stay that way. Naivity, inexperience from management team, call it what you like, but it's costing us money without any gain, far less points on the board.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:05 am

Efe Ambrose had just signed...for Morton!

The farce continues.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm

Yep,we get him fit,allow him to train here and then let him sign for a rival when we are short of players for that position.

To be fair,I watched him in the reserves and if anything, he was slower than big Easty.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:45 pm

There is an interview with Rankin in the Record re Thomson and I quote

On Thomson's exit, Rankin said: "Reagan was here and it didn't work out. I'm looking for people who can come in and make an impact straight away and I didn't see that materialising, the way it was going with him.

Is there any kind of assessment carried out before we sign players? If they knew he lacked fitness how do expect him to “make an impact straight away” :roll:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

PreviousNext

Return to The Accies