Is the Transfer activity over?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Is the Transfer activity over?

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:47 pm

So we don't have any new strikers in we have lost hight, Goals and experiance and replaced them with no names from across Europe!

I hope we have not stopped looking at getting people in!

Do you remember when Neil took over the positive change on players was instant! We are watching the polar opisit just now!

Hi ho hi ho canning and the dwarfs can't score a goal out of the top six we go!

I would snap your hand of for a few big journeymen who have experiance and can score goals in scotland!
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Is the Transfer activity over?

Postby redandwhite1874 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Lucas and Sumsky deserve their chance; no matter if they are well known or not.

As time passes the less chance there is for someone to come in and settle and make an impact.

Alex took over and did great; but he did have the advantage of taking over from an under performing team.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:03 pm

I agree but when we come up against big team like ICT and the Dons. All the flair and talent in the world is no good when you are 5ft 4. Aberdeen could have scored 4 more by winning header in the box as our small team can not compete in the air!

Canning said we will play football on the dec when asked about the small players! We played hoof ball to scotland all game.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:24 pm

I suspect that we will actually bring in someone else soon, hopefully an attacking midfielder and/or striker.

After all, there must be someone of decent quality out there with no club at the moment, that we can afford until the end of the season.

Question. Does the closing of the window mean we can't now get a loan player in, even an emergency loan?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Euan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 pm

H9crx wrote:I agree but when we come up against big team like ICT and the Dons. All the flair and talent in the world is no good when you are 5ft 4. Aberdeen could have scored 4 more by winning header in the box as our small team can not compete in the air!

Canning said we will play football on the dec when asked about the small players! We played hoof ball to scotland all game.

Redmond has come in for criticism...I thought he played well enough and would be in my team.
I was sitting with a Don who was annoyed at his team because despite his height Redmond kept winning headers against them. He also said that despite the score and what it would have been with other officials that he was impressed with quite a few Accies players and with better guidance we'd be a good team.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:55 pm

[/quote] I was sitting with a Don who was annoyed at his team because despite his height Redmond kept winning headers against them. He also said that despite the score and what it would have been with other officials that he was impressed with quite a few Accies players and with better guidance we'd be a good team.[/quote]

We were a good team.
Question is what guidance is the team getting?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 am

H9crx wrote:So we don't have any new strikers in we have lost hight, Goals and experiance and replaced them with no names from across Europe!

Do you remember when Neil took over the positive change on players was instant! We are watching the polar opisit just now!

I would snap your hand of for a few big journeymen who have experiance and can score goals in scotland!

Big Lucas looked ok last week.Fair enough it was under 20's,but he looked like he could do a job in either central defence or midfield.

Some folk on here are saying top six doesn't matter,but the thought of the likes of Dundee overtaking a big lead again fills many with dread.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby NaeVay » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:41 am

Even just giving the new guys we have a shot would be better than doing nothing when it isn't working.

That would give us plenty time to see where we need to strengthen too, or if the guys we've brought in are enough.
NaeVay
Seaside Leagues

Postby Whiskeytown » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:22 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:
H9crx wrote:So we don't have any new strikers in we have lost hight, Goals and experiance and replaced them with no names from across Europe!

Big Lucas looked ok last week.Fair enough it was under 20's,but he looked like he could do a job in either central defence or midfield.

Some folk on here are saying top six doesn't matter,but the thought of the likes of Dundee overtaking a big lead again fills many with dread.

Agree with you on this. We were 17 points ahead of them after Perth. I would take just finishing above St Johnstone right now but it would rankle that Dundee were above us and probably going to finish above us. Last season's lead was small beer in comparison.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby glenthedog » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Apparently the clearance for Nigel H. is now through:

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/567696700052357120

A very frustrating time at the club just now. New players signed, but none of them have seen real game time (in the 1st team), other than Nico's six minutes at the end of the Aberdeen debacle. Is it a case that now we've had a proper look at them we've discovered they aren't quite up to it, or do they need more time to settle to a new country and culture? In reality, we lost a good (and experienced) midfielder when Alex left and he wasn't replaced. With #22 leaving, this should have prompted the club to sign a valid replacement, irrespective of the development ethos. An experienced player in the centre of the park is needed to help guide the younger players.

After watching Sunday's game, is it case that Brophy now needs a proper run in the team along with Docherty getting a chance in place of MacKinnon? Jason can hold the ball up well and is a strong centre forward, but he's too old now for running the front line by himself in a 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 formation. I was also dismayed to see us revert to the high ball 'hit & hope' tactics - as many have said this won't work with physically smaller players.

The team seems to lack a lot of confidence at the moment and to a degree leadership as well. I watched how Aberdeen approached even the basics during the warm-up and it was impressive, including the mini-warm up when they came out at half time. They were organised, committed and driven, not to mention that everyone seemed to know what their role was - in other words everything we aren't.

Young players can loose confidence quickly, and if the club wants to maintain it's development success I think one or two more experienced players who can guide the youngsters are required.
glenthedog
Pub League

Postby glasgow accie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

^^^THIS^^^

Good post .......
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 pm

I think a lot of accies fans would not be too bothered finishing top six as long as we finished above their obsession Dundee, singing to Aberdeen fans " we hate Dundee more than you " at least dundee don't pan in the supporters bus window !
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby rubenthedog » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:43 am

The feel good factor is well and truly over. Instead of going to games expecting to win, I go hoping that we won't be humiliated.

If things continue the way they are someone is going to out do what thistle did to us.

The sense of belief appears to have gone. The collapse is beyond unbelieveable.

If we can still get loans, especially if we can get them from England, Martin should be on the phone to Alex Neil & Graham Jones to see if they can help.

Ive decide not to go to Parkhead this weekend. Cant take the pain
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:46 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:I think a lot of accies fans would not be too bothered finishing top six as long as we finished above their obsession Dundee, singing to Aberdeen fans " we hate Dundee more than you " at least dundee don't pan in the supporters bus window !

Who put in who's supprters bus window ?
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Alexander the Great » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:30 pm

glasgow accie wrote:
Alexander the Great wrote:I think a lot of accies fans would not be too bothered finishing top six as long as we finished above their obsession Dundee, singing to Aberdeen fans " we hate Dundee more than you " at least dundee don't pan in the supporters bus window !

Aberdeen, cup game.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Alexander the Great wrote:
glasgow accie wrote:

Aberdeen, cup game.

Forgot about that .
However , me thinks , that by singing that (we hate.....) they were saying that they hated Dundee more than Aberdeen hated Dundee , not more than they hated Aberdeen.
If you know what I mean ........
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Park Materson » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Over,?why when did it ever begin?
Park Materson
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies