Arbroath v Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Arbroath v Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:10 am

Anyone know where Vertanen and Moyo were yesterday? Injured, self isolating, told to sling their hooks, missed the bus? I haven’t been Moyo greatest fan but playing up front he would caused their defence trouble the way that big lad Nouble did for them. Temps I assume is still injured and I am beginning to think we will never see him again.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:15 am

It was a tough watch yesterday. A great ground and hats off to Arbroath for the turnout they had and the way their players fought for everything.
I did feel that we looked like we took them for granted a bit and we didn’t try to use the wind to our advantage in the first half. Once we went behind the die was set.
Minmaugh was the only player who I would have given pass marks in the first half and was surprised to see him taken off.
We have plenty of cover at centre back so I don’t think Jamie Hamilton’s suspension will be a huge problem and we were never coming back into it yesterday.
We are looking to play football and I like that so play Lewis Smith from the start.
On our pitch I’d be confident of beating Arbroath incidentally which sounds crazy after a 4-0 defeat.
4 th place is the aim
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:42 am

No idea how you could think we could beat anyone when we can't pass the ball and have 1 striker available.
Our aim is to avoid relegation and I am not convinced we will do that.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:05 pm

We couldn’t yesterday but we did it really well at Palmerston. We are capable- which I agree is not the same as actually doing it. Neither team passed the ball well yesterday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Bluesy you are a clown.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:32 pm

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:Bluesy you are a clown.

No I’m not
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:34 pm

I’m not happy- that was murder yesterday.
I just don’t think it’s curtains yet.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:51 pm

Spoke to an ex-colleague Arbroath fan in the Main stand yesterday BEFORE the game. She said their plan with a new team not played from last season was to suss out how that team was set up in the first half and then hit them in their weak spots in the second. She quoted Partick Thistle whom they beat 3-1 at Gayfield.

Presumably, we have no resources to send anyone to watch teams in this division before we play them, though we might have resources to "help the local community with their various addicition problems".

Just a thought, Mr Taylor????

Why oh why, did we persist with cross balls, back and forth, with no purpose other than to boot a long pass up to no-one in particular? There seemed no team plan yesterday.

And to Temps, it realy looks like that this has been an expensive mistake, depite his talent and ability to change a game into our favour. Hope I'm wrong, but game time is everything and he can't seem to supply that consistently to us. As to Moyo, we have no tall forwards other than him and we will struggle this season without a good one.

Like many, in July I feared a straight drop through the Championship into Div 1, and on this showing so far, it looks a distinct possibility. 7th or 8th MUST be the minimum target by May, but hopefully by Christmas, we will have steadied the ship and be around 5th thereafter.
Promotion Candidates??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:10 pm

I tend to swing from high to lo with Accies so keep ur posts coming Bluesy. It’s all about opinions.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Never a sending off.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:35 am

Begs.hafc wrote:Never a sending off.

Red card all day long. It's a desperate lunge after he's miscontrolled and he injures the player.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 am

Definite sending off. Looked bad at the game and doesnt look any better on video.
Gav
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies