Accies v Morton

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Morton

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 pm

Early yet but I’m hoping someone from the club or anyone communicating with the club can tell us early on what the arrangements are for this game?

Aside from season tickets will there be a pay gate?
Assuming not will home fans without season tickets be able to buy a match day ticket?
Will away fans get an allocation?
Will I be able to sit in my allocated season ticket seat or will it be the case that for now a season ticket gets me into the main stand and I have to occupy a marked seat like at Starks Park?
Will we be increasing attendances to 2000?
Will there still be water available?
Will we have made any signings? Ok I was pushing my luck with that one!

Answers please on a carrier pigeon to arrive by Saturday morning!!

UPDATE

WOW some answers here

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/match-in ... k-morton1/

But no explanation re seating policy. Still ticket info on a Monday afternoon is an improvement so some credit due. Nice to see our ticketing management not totally consumed with 'Paradise'!!!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Morton

Postby Euan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:53 am

When I collected my season ticket I asked if it was for my usual seat. The answer was “yes you’ve renewed for that seat, that’s where you sit” which is good to hear but if all those round about me have also renewed then we’re not going to be socially distanced by 1m.
I’m double vaccinated and it’s outside so maybe that’s ok?
I suspect my answer will apply as restrictions ease further, but the current uncertainty regarding Covid and what to do next probably means the Club like every other business/organisation will be ‘making it up as they go along’ from week to week and month to month.
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am

For the League Cup games I just went to my usual season ticket seat and sat there beside my other friends. As we had travelled to Hamilton in the same car, (with windows open a little ;) ) it seemed pointless to then sit a seat apart in the open air, where we had all been double jabbed months ago.

There was no social distancing actually implemented at Raith Rovers although we were told to find a seat with a 'tick'!!

Suspect common sense has to prevail here, particularly as we will generally know those who sit near or beside us. Never thought that social distancing would be a problem at Accies, even with a 'seat apart' system, where we had the smallest crowds in the league for the last few seasons. This year won't be any different.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:54 pm

Think wee Nicky today, has done away with social distancing for outdoor events, so should be OK for your normal seat
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:41 pm

I see Albion Rovers are allowing pay at the gate. They also say cash or card payments. Surely they can't have card readers at the turnstile? They are another club that put their highlights on YouTube. But how can we hope to compete with them...

Edit: I also see that Gala Fairydean Rovers and Berwick Rangers fans could buy tickets online for their match at the weekend using something called a Fanbase app.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:35 pm

I think virtually every league team in Scotland has on on line ticketing system. Mc Goofy will resist anything that costs him money even if it’s not that expensive. Let’s face it if Lowland League clubs can do it. ASO are supposed to be approaching the club re this I’m not holding out much hope.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:46 pm

I noticed card readers for sale in Toolstation today @ under £28 which only charge per transaction through an App. No monthly fee apparently.

Don't suppose there will be any accounting 'slippage' possible where things are paid by card as opposed to cash coming in which, in many businesses , might not make it through the tills :o
The White Gate at Celtic, for those with a longer memory? :) :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:35 pm

In terms of embracing technology, Accies are still in dark ages and must be one of the worst in the SPFL for this.
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:24 pm

Went for ticket was told game is sold out ...is Accies tv covering the game tomorrow.
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm

I bought a Season Ticket yesterday-apparently they have sold "really well"- and the girl who sold it said there may be provision for up to 100 fans to attend the Killie game.

Surely,this can be upgraded as plenty of folk without Season Books will want to start attending if we kick on with our new signings.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 am

Accies Confirming on twitter that Accies TV avavailble for this one.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:25 pm

YeOldeHamiltonian wrote:I bought a Season Ticket yesterday-apparently they have sold "really well"- and the girl who sold it said there may be provision for up to 100 fans to attend the Killie game.

Surely,this can be upgraded as plenty of folk without Season Books will want to start attending if we kick on with our new signings.

The Ugly Sisters have received permission to have full capacities from now on so why on earth can't Accies accommodate anyone who wants to attend?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Begs.hafc » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:31 pm

That's not allowed until Monday.
Begs.hafc
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:54 pm

Temps starts (Woo Hoo) as does Virtannen. Mullin on the bench. Stanger gets a start too.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Making no difference, 1-0 to Morton, half time. Full time 1-0.

How long is this useless feckin manager going to get. Does he have to get a double relegation before we think of getting rid

Rice, GTF
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Billybamz » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Long season ahead
Billybamz
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:58 pm

Begs.hafc wrote:That's not allowed until Monday.

I was referring to the Killie game, wasn't I?

Thought we played very well in first half, very unlucky to be behind. Would love Ogwu for us. Lost our way a bit in second but still dominant. Although he was in and out, I thought we lost something when Smith went off. He'd just shown lovely skill to play in Ryan for his shot that hit the underside and was then subbed. Odd timing. Thought MOTM was between Ryan, Temps and McMann, how on earth Spence got it I don't know.

Mullin now has two weeks to settle in and hopefully we'll see more of what he's capable of. Not all doom and gloom but, by Christ, Rice's home record is appalling!

On another note, Blantyre Vice could produce a programme in midweek against Beith but we couldn't today.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:07 pm

First half was like the Albion Rovers game. We largely controlled the game but didn’t score. I don't think Morton had really threatened but the one real chance they got straight down the park and cooly slot it home. Second half from Accies was all huff and puff. Morton were content to defend and break up play. The only player on the bench who might have made a difference Mullin didn’t when he came on. Otherwise there was nothing else there. Can we improve? A lot of payers not used to playing with each other so I hope so. Would they improve faster under another manager? Rice is going nowhere. His job is as safe as houses. As has been said a long season as usual ahead.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:56 pm

I thought the team played well today against what was an 8 man defence.

We lost to a team who scored in their only shot at goal with a brand new midfield/strike force playing their first 90 minutes together.

We learned today we have to score first against these sides who sit in which is a complete reverse from last season.

Get a striker in and we will be ok as we won't lose games like that.Time to criticise is not now as that was a new team playing.Judge them 10-15 games in.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:45 pm

HAW TAE FCK !!
Jist been cawd in fur a chat fae McGoon fur no been happy way that the day :evil: Nae fckn pies :evil: that's aw a wanted so a let the auld homeless lookin CEO fckr fckn know am no happy
7.30pm in curlys gets a msg on ma new Nokia yer invited fur a chat at the club sake. Spat ma pint oor Fred n I'm like
HAW
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies