SLO?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

SLO?

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm

One of the results of the meeting between the new Accies Supporters Association and the club was the execution sorry exit of the SLO. The club appears happy for the fans I.e. ASA to elect a new SLO. Fair enough I don’t take issue with that but where is he or she. The new league season starts on Saturday and as evidenced by ticketing for Raith Rovers individual fans have had to do their own digging to get info. ASA have put a tweet out this morning re this but that’s playing catch up. Is there confusion in the ranks. Given one of the reasons ASA was set up was to improve club/fan relations then how does the role of the SLO representing all fans not just ASA members sit alongside ASA and it’s aims. Don’t get me wrong I welcome the establishment of ASA it’s long overdue. I can still recall the damage that was done back in the day when Charlie Bent picked up the ball and went off to found Haswo. The Supporters’ club never really recovered from losing a whole generation of younger fans. So come on ASA there needs to be a dedicated SLO we can contact with our moans.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: SLO?

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:14 pm

Charlie Bent, who now supports Celtic.

Accies still haven't tweeted about the Raith tickets.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Charlie Bent, who now supports Celtic.

Accies still haven't tweeted about the Raith tickets.

As was said on FB yesterday they still haven't tweeted about tickets for the Edinburgh City game !
Gav
Championship

Postby ASA » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:54 pm

We agree that an SLO is vital giving the season begins on Saturday and we apologise for our delay in not getting the position filled sooner. We haven't put anything out yet as we wanted to ensure the information we got from the club was clear in what they expect from an SLO.

Fans will both be able to put themselves forward and/or nominate fellow accies fans for the role. Should those fans who have been put forward accept the nomination we will then put this to a voting poll done via email ballot, this will ensure it is a democratic procedure of which fans felt wasnt the case when the last SLO was deemed hand picked. The SLO will not be hand-picked by ourselves or the club but chosen by the fans for correct representation.

We will be posting an update on the SLO nominations in the coming days on our social media platforms, AcciesWorld, Pie and Bovril and our mailing list.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via our email: acciessa@gmail.com

- ASA
ASA
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:59 pm

Way to go ASA. Excellent response.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies