Accies v Albion Rovers

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies v Albion Rovers

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:52 pm

Going swimmingly. Another cup surrender. A club in freefall with idiots in charge. Who would want to join this shambles of a club?
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby glasgow accie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:16 pm

#whateverittakes.... :roll:
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby southoftheborder » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:18 pm

Let's look at the positives.......

The sun was shining;
Ronan Hughes knows how to take a penalty

anything else?
southoftheborder
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:26 pm

How long do Accies fans have to put up with this shite. Every year without fail, we show a complete lack of ambition to win this cup. Signings are few and far between. We have a manager who is seriously out of his depth, even at this level. And a board who could not give a flying feck about the team or the fans

I know we support the team through the good and bad, but the club are now taking the piss
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:32 pm

anything else?

Well I enjoyed the free water again, saw a few more familiar faces, it was quite shady in the stand. There’s 3 !!

As to the game itself Men against boys right enough. I’ve seen a suggestion that players are having to isolate re covId but as the club never communicates who knows. Maybe Rice thought that he was playing in the Challenge Cup and he had to put out the Accies B team. Maybe Ronnie just told him fuck the fans I want to see an even younger team on the park as that’s what Accies are all about my Academy. All I know is we are stuck with Rice and a team anywhere near resembling that next week will get ripped a new one by Raith. Of course there where be several signings through the door by then. Sometimes you have to ask what’s the point. They might be listening but they don’t really give a dam.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:56 pm

I once thought of buying a talking parrot. I’m glad I didn’t as listening to Rice’s post match interview I know realise that talking parrots are f’ing irritating.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:01 pm

Rice says thirteen missing. I count eleven - Fulton, Odoffin, McMann, Martin, Templeton, Winter, Spence, Ryan, Macdonald, Shiels and Stanger. Two Covid related it seems, one suspended, one Olympics. Are all the others injured? Didn't hear what was wrong with Macdonald.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:56 pm

I also understand that we have a number of senior players either out with Covid, or are in isolation due to close contacts. If the Club were being honest with us then they would tell us, and the media, exactly that, but the smoke and mirrors they use just doesnt work in this day and age.

BR may well have been forced to field another group of youngsters, and some showed real promise against a gritty Rovers outfit with an excellent goalkeeper.

Before we continue ranting about team selections here's the ages of todays line-up

Hilton 21
Stirling 23
Easton 33
Hamilton 19
McGinn 16
Mimnaugh 19
Meikle 20
Hughes 22
Smith L 21
Munro 19
Redfern 18

Subs
Smith C 21
Moyo 26
McGowan unknown

Average age of starting line-up 22.6 years. Take out Brian Easton and it was 21.8 years!

Without a return of the more experienced players, we are certainly going to struggle against established Championship outfits. A lack of money to spend on players near the end of the Window will not help, It looks to be a long season ahead.

I just hope that the verbage from certain clearly identifiable individuals (who should have been thrown out for their Clucking and Funting throughout the first half) do not affect this young squad too much, given their age and inexperience at this level.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:29 pm

I should have added, there's nobody else omitted to make it up to thirteen. That's the full squad accounted for. As regards Covid, we know for sure Ryan is one, rumour is Odoffin is the other.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:08 pm

The only 2 who seem to be COVID related are Ryan and Odoffin. The guy from the Only Accies site is suggesting Macdonald is injured but no details so who knows. I assumed some of those missing were in the cottonwool injury category. Ie keep them under wraps until the league starts e.g. Temps or until they are sold e.g. Mcmann and Odoffin. I take everything the club says with a great big pinch of salt until proven otherwise so for most of those unavailable apart from Fulton and Martin it’s anybody’s guess.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies