George Stanger

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

George Stanger

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:49 am

Has been called up to the New Zealand Olympic Squad and is off to Japan.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... r-24395802

Great to see. Perhaps he will get a few games this season he comes back.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: George Stanger

Postby porcupine » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 am

Was his contract not up at the end of this season or has the Club or he extended it?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:26 am

Rumour mill says he extended. Haven’t seen anything official anywhere. But he is obviously still ours. Given Rice’s reluctance to give him game time last season not even the last 15 minutes of fame that lots of the other ‘yuf’ got I thought he was off. Still think there is a decent player there. I assume the New Zealand games will be on the tele somewhere.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm

To date he's never been given a real chance at Accies in the first team squad. Like you, TT, I thnik there's a decent player there. He was excellent in the Youth Team throughout the season where we went to Europe.

Given that the Kiwi's recognise he has talent, it's beyond me that BR does not have the confidence to start George at centre back from the first game of the season, and allow him to establish himself alongside what will be a new lineup defence in any case.

The guy is young and can only improve with game time. Championship football should be the ideal league in which to blood what BR see's as fringe/squad players. Some of them may surprise him for very good reasons.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 pm

He would be a starter in my team and has had a raw deal from Rice who either played him out of position(right wing back) or gave him miniscule minutes on the pitch.

He will probably do well at The Olympics and not get a game when he returns as Rice won't want to change his defence.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies