Accies v Arabs

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Arabs

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:08 pm

Of the 5 games this to me is the most winnable won. United haven't proved the most dynamic team this seaon and I think a lot of United fans are unconvinced by Mellon or hs tactics. I've come round to the view that Rices' Rant last week was a deliberate bit of psychology designed to take the focus of the result and team before these games. Will it have worked fingers crossed. Not even going to predict a team for us.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Arabs

Postby Euan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:41 pm

United have a Scottish Cup game next weekend. They’ll be disappointed not to have made the top six and may have one eye on Cup glory.
Forfar away next Friday is an ‘easy tie’ so hopefully they’ll be thinking Aberdeen in the Quarterfinals.
Shame we’ve got such a depleted squad as this is definitely winnable.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Euan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Best result this weekend would be an Accies win and a draw between County and Kilmarnock, which would put us 10th. Unlikely but possible.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 pm

I really hope we play Anderson and Munro up front
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Montrose Week 2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:24 pm

For me we now have 8 x fit players capable at this level + Moyo, Munro & Gourlay to make up numbers, no one for the bench near good enough , fingers crossed Utd have chucked it.
Montrose Week 2
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:00 pm

We give away the opening goal then go on and create more chances in a game than we’ve done all season but Callaghan, Hughes, Odoffin, Munro all fail to score. No lack of effort but no real quality. United happy to more or less protect a one goal lead. Did Gourlay have a save to make? It wasn’t looking great before the game. Honestly can’t see anything other than outright relegation.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:06 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:We give away the opening goal then go on and create more chances in a game than we’ve done all season but Callaghan, Hughes, Odoffin, Munro all fail to score. No lack of effort but no real quality. United happy to more or less protect a one goal lead. Did Gourlay have a save to make? It wasn’t looking great before the game. Honestly can’t see anything other than outright relegation.

Decent performance by all accounts but once again we dont take our chances. Injuries have done for us this season and sorry folks but its 12th place for us
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:01 pm

You don't have 27 shots without playing very well but we have no out and put goalscorer. I know he's not the answer but shouldn't Calum Smith have started? He scored a cracker recently at Livi and that's more than anyone else has done.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:20 am

You’d have thought Smith should have started ahead of Munro as an attacking option. Similar player to Anderson but could learn from him by playing alongside him.
Munro is a midfielder and should have been in contention with Hughes for the midfield position.
I’d rather see players played in the correct position than fitted into the team in the wrong position but the squad is so threadbare we’ve got limited options.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:22 pm

I didn't watch the game but to be fair Munro showed up well on the highlights. According to an article in Nutmeg, "Munro was scoring hat tricks every week" at under 16 level with Clydebank, before Accies converted him to left back. We really know how to bring through strikers, don't we? Seventeen years of the academy and who have we produced? Brophy? And we didn't get the best out of him
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:19 pm

I suppose you could include Andy Ryan but at a lower level, When he left us he ended up at Airdrie via Forfar and scored 34 goals in 24 appearances That was enough for Dunfermline to pay a fee for him and give him a 3 year contra but he only scored 8 in 40+ appearances and he's currently with Stirling Albion
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:15 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:I suppose you could include Andy Ryan but at a lower level, When he left us he ended up at Airdrie via Forfar and scored 34 goals in 24 appearances That was enough for Dunfermline to pay a fee for him and give him a 3 year contra but he only scored 8 in 40+ appearances and he's currently with Stirling Albion

Just checked his Wiki, TT, it was 24 goals in 34 appearances. Still impressive. Surprised he's in the fourth tier at just 26. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rise up the leagues again.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies