Accies v Midden

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Midden

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Well a last chance for a morale boosting 3 points before the split. Not optimistic given injuries and a draw would appear more likely. I read a pre match interview with Rice and thought the following comment interesting.

“Jim’s built a good side, he’s well financed to do that and he’s got some good players.l

Is Rice having a dig at our board here implying he’s not been backed financially and so what do you expect from him given what he has to work with?
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Midden

Postby porcupine » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm

They've always been better supported and appear to be much more organised e.g. bar coded entry tickets so it's not a surprise that Goodwin has had more funds to build a better team.
A draw would seem a bonus point for me, as long as Killy & County dont pick up points.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:37 pm

I’m actually hopeful for a win. It’ll be a really interesting day as both Saints push for a top 6 place as Ross County and ourselves fight for survival. I fancy our chances more than County’s. Killie v Motherwell is a dilemma. To be honest I think Motherwell are nearly safe and therefore a win for them at Rugby Park is probably our best outcome however if we win a draw might just keep Motherwell in the mix.
Exciting (and scary) times.
Would be so fantastic to do it again. Might watch the Great Escape again tonight (Hamilton gets a mention in it)
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:36 pm

We're certainly due a win against them, three draws and three defeats in the last six ( worse than our recent record against St Johnstone). No dilemma for me at Rugby Park, C'mon the Super Well! Might have overdone it there...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:05 pm

Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:46 am

Sitting outside with a coffee thinking how good it would have been to be going to this one today.
Just need to make sure we’re there next season.
Anderson might just be the mole to dig us out of this!
Mon the hoops
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:53 pm

Well we scored in 89 mins to get a draw, but with Killie winning back to bottom again and unfortunately that where I think we will finish. Too many draws
smc4761
Premiership

Re: Accies v Midde

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:17 pm

Well I was right to expect a draw although it looked less likely as time went by. Well taken header by Munro which will do his confidence the world of good after last week. Mind you it helps if he’s played in a position to which he is suited. Poor first half and Callaghan was posted missing for long periods of the game and we failed to create much if anything. Second half an improvement (marginally) and we did enough to deserve the draw. Killie were always going to win sometime and there are only 2 points between the bottom 3. But as Smc highlights too many draws.
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Its only a game » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Never a pen in my opinion very harsh decision.
Its only a game
Pub League

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:53 pm

FWIW, that's the sixth time this season we've come from behind to get something.
Livingston (a) 2-1
Dundee Utd (h) 1-1
Aberdeen (h) 1-1
Rangers (h) 1-1
St Mirren (a) 1-1
St Mirren (h) 1-1
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies