Bruce Anderson

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Bruce Anderson

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:02 pm

What a breath of fresh air this young man has been in only 2 games since joining on loan.

I can remember his goal for Aberdeen as a kid and thinking what could he

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J9O8HcYvhWM

Thought it strange when he appeared on loan at Ayr whilst watching a couple of championship games on the Friday night graveyard watch and he looked lively and I wondered why we never were in for him on loan considering scoring is always an issue for us.

His 2 performances v Ross co and rangers on Sunday was nothing more than tremendous and not what I was expecting from a loan player. Can't fault the guy and was wondering what is the loan deal arrangements, is there an option to buy ?

I also wonder why a young guy with 'potential' like him doesn't breakthrough and holds down a place and ends up at Ayr ? Was he unlucky with the guys in front of him in the pecking order or was his attitude poor?

2 games I've saw him he's been superb.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: Bruce Anderson

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:37 am

Another superb 65 minutes or so from the young man.

Link up play and touch was excellent.

Interesting to see he's out of contract in may so no doubt we'll be putting him in the shop window for a st mirren or Motherwell to come in and offer him a 3 year deal on better dosh.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruce-a ... ler/382096
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:48 pm

I’ve read that Aberdeen have told him he’s not going to be offered a new contract. Not sure if believe that. If I were Aberdeen I’d be considering the opposite. If he does become a free agent I’m sure we would be outbid by plenty of others.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:12 pm

Maybe if we acted as a proper Football Club and not a Charity with football as a sideline, we could tie up the likes of Bruce Anderson and Hakeem Odoffin for next season.

This would also act as a boost in the run in for both the fans and players knowing our best are signed up.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:21 am

Unless Aberdeen change their mind and offer him a new contract, if he goes elsewhere in the summer they will be due a 6 figure development fee which will only get bigger if he continues to shine with us to the rest of the season. Very often though clubs are prepared to forego that provided there is a very sgnificant sell on clause. Pretty sure Kille didnt pay us a development fee for Brophy but there was a sell on clause. Of course we got nothing as he left for free to Midden. There will be plenty of offers for Bruce from the likes of Hibs or even Hearts assuming promotion and possibly from down south. Given our budget and salary set up where the basic is pretty poor relying on bonuses to make it up I cant see him signing up. Who knows maybe we have pushed the boat out offered him a pre contract and he agreed before he got here but ill be surprised if he is here next season. Whatever if he continues as is, he is doing what we brought him here to do help keep us in the Premiership and I’ll have no complaints.

Just listened to Derek Mcinnes’s post match interview from last night. He is asked bascially does he regret letting Bruce go out on loan when Aberdeen aren't scoring. He talks about it being important that players get that opportunity for game time and he also talks about Bruce coming back to aberdeen next season. So its possible if he does well aberdeen will offer him a new contract.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53703649
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:50 am

A friend of mine who is a an Aberdeen die hard with connections at the club told me that McInnes doesn't fancy Anderson , he's not his type of player , preferring a big target man as that's the way he wants to play.

There are a few who do rate Anderson but unless McInnes leaves then it's unlikely he'll be offered a deal.

I think we enjoy him while we can and hope he keeps up his form , I see him as a Stevie May impact signing for us but ultimately one of the bigger clubs will step in and sign him come the end of the season.
Stodmeister
Championship

Return to The Accies