Nigel Hasselbaink Signing

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Nigel Hasselbaink Signing

Postby Mrsweetleftfoot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:21 am

Scott Struthers is still about......saw him last Saturday......what role he now undertakes, I dunno!!
Mrsweetleftfoot
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 am

Listen, I don't know anything regarding the regulations for clearances, so I'm speaking out of pure ignorance, but my 2 points are:

1.....Why does a EU player need clearance. If a UK company employs a person from EU, are they not entitled to work automatically. Or is the situation a more technical point, where Nigel's registration needs to be transferred to the new employer irrespective of where he was born.

2.....During the transfer window, clearances, seem to be sorted within hours, maybe days. Why the f**k is it taking well over a week. Can Accies not contact the Greek club directly or get the SFA involved or even get a temporary transfer?

We need striking options in quick!
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:07 pm

The clearance is a totally football thing; not related to EU employment regs etc.

The delay does seem strange, Sumsky was cleared very quickly for example. We can't geta temp transfer as he has already been fully transferred to us. I am sure the club is doing everything it can to progress this as quickly as they can.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Gaspode » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Basically Accies are at the mercy of the Greek club, until they send his registration there is little Accies can do.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby Accies4ever » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:11 pm

Gaspode wrote:Basically Accies are at the mercy of the Greek club, until they send his registration there is little Accies can do.

Surely that can't be correct.
What if the Greek club took the hump and for whatever reason decided not to pass the registration.

Does that mean Nigel can't play the rest of the season?
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Gaspode » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Accies4ever wrote:
Gaspode wrote:Basically Accies are at the mercy of the Greek club, until they send his registration there is little Accies can do.

Surely that can't be correct.
What if the Greek club took the hump and for whatever reason decided not to pass the registration.

Does that mean Nigel can't play the rest of the season?

We would need to involve UEFA at that point I would imagine.
Gaspode
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies