Report Cards at halfway

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Report Cards at halfway

Postby burnsy5shoes » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:49 pm

As we near xmas, thought it would be a good idea to give the squad ratings and comments to see how they vary from fan to fan. Here are mine, starting with GK and DF.

Fulton - Above average but still does not fill me with confidence 6/10

McMann - Consistent performer, has the odd scary moment. 7/10

Oddofin - a rare positive in Rice’s Reign, puts in good performances, plays wherever required, scored important goals, note only one year contract. Would be nice to tie him up. 8/10

Stirling - Haven’t seen much of him as of yet. Looks a tad more steady than Fojort 6/10

Want - very inconsistent, has a great game and looks composed and then is anonymous the next week. Would benefit from a longer run in the team 6/10

Easton - showing signs of slowing down but you can’t fault his effort and leadership. 7/10

Martin - again, not seen much of him so hard to assess. From some of the game reports, looks composed and consistent. 6/10

Hodson - another who could benefit from being more consistent. Rumours of him wanting to stay after his loan period, would need to show more form second half of season for me 6/10

Hamilton - shows signs last season of being another quality academy graduate. Another who would benefit from a longer run in the team or a spell away on loan to get game time and get his confidence back. 5/10
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Re: Report Cards at halfway

Postby burnsy5shoes » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:08 pm

MF

Martin - I like him but shows signs of leadership and brilliance and then drifts out of games when we go behind. Needs to show more for me. 6/10

Smith - another who has shown signs of becoming a regular and consistent performer. Another who I would have loaned out for the first half of the season to get regular game time. 6/10

Temps - An accies fav, injury prone but very capable player. Hopefully back to help us back end of season 6/10

Trafford - where do I start. I can see why rice took a chance on him stepping up to the PL but always a step behind play and a bit of a passenger when the going gets tough. Not for me. Squad player at best 4/10

Hughes - much like Smith, if I was manager, I would have loaned him out for a few months to get game time and confidence up. Has the ability to be a starter but needs more game time and consistency 5/10

Thomas - not seen him as of yet but looks a find if we can get him fit and into the team. Actually want to take shots and try and score which is more than can be said for some in the team 6/10

Mimnaugh - like him, has the ability, needs to show more battle and effort when the shit hits the fan. Hopefully a good second half to season. 6/10

Munro - looks decent, rice needs to decide if he is a LB or LM and stick with it. Energetic and looks useful. Want to see more of him. Yet another who could do with a month or two away in lower leagues for game time?? 6/10
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby burnsy5shoes » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Att

Winter - another I like. Puts effort in but hard ask to come into a struggling accies team and score regularly. Good squad player and could make step up. 6/10

Moyo - too inconsistent, struggles to do simple things and get shots on target. Having said that, service to him has been poor. Hoping for a good second half to season. Needs more goals. 6/10

Oggy - puts a shift in, tries for the team. Scored a few goals for us. Needs more service. Strong and physical. 7/10

Smith - going to be controversial but I actually like him. He’s never going to be a top goal scorer but he does try. Another whose head quickly goes down when we go behind. Would like for him to kick on and get a longer run in the team. 6/10

Tunde - don’t know why he hasn’t had more game time. Fitness or attitude issues? Clearly just wants to score goals. Hoping he breaks into team soon 6/10

JJ - another like Tunde. Needs to get into the team. 5/10
burnsy5shoes
Pub League

Postby smc4761 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Manager,

1/10. A man seriously out of his depth. Needs to go now. Always full of excuses same as his predecessor. Has not developed the young talent we obviously have. Oddofin aside, signings have been poor
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Given those ratings you would think we were a comfortable mid table team sitting 5th/6th.

I'd hate to see a Celtic fan rate their current squad and see Eduard get a 5 and oggy gets a 7.

The level of performance that I've seen no one deserves more than a 4 and that's being generous.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Gav » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Stopped reading at McMann 7. I would say 3 at best and apart from the cross at Tannadice probably deserves a 2.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Cracking piece of work Burnsy but as they say it's all about opinions. I'm with Big Wurzul on this. The majority of your grades for players are in the upper half but that doesn't relate to performances and league position so whatever we think about individual players collectively that squad struggles to get a 5.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:24 pm

If it were not for the Forum join date (2014) of Burnsy, I'd think he was Chipper under another name.
None of our players this season have shown to be better than average, so '6's' are far too generous, given our total results and league position. In maybe one game, a player could be rated higher, but not on the overall first half of the season, Burnsy.

Wish you has marked my school exam results, though :roll:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 am

The full squad bar Odoffin and maybe Callachan would struggle to be above a 4. Most of that comes down to inept management and game plans though.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Stodmeister » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:55 am

Scotty Tunbridge wrote:The full squad bar Odoffin and maybe Callachan would struggle to be above a 4. Most of that comes down to inept management and game plans though.

Can't disagree with that.

Players playing abilities seem to be taking a step backwards due to both the team set up and selection. It seems to have went to pushing the youngsters in at every opportunity to leaving them totally out. We need a happy medium.

Take this team into the Championship and they would be struggling given the current set up.

We're expecting strikers to score but giving them no service other than aimless hoof balls.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:04 pm

Callachan now seems to be our most impactful player, yet he doesn’t rate a report?

Still a game to go before halfway, and some assessments seem premature, as we appear to have discovered a bit of form, just as we did in the games before last season was curtailed. We’ve won two, drawn one, been awarded three points, been unlucky not take something from Tannadice, and climbed off the bottom.

And our best player, Templeton, has yet to get fit to make a difference. Indeed, I don’t think we’ve been able to play our best XI once this season.

I see room for some optimism.

We’re not very good, by top flight standards. But neither are Ross County, St Mirren, Livingston, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone or Motherwell. There’s nothing between the teams in the bottom six.

I’d still rather be where we are, performing as we have for the past six or seven years, than down a tier, playing inferior teams, and out of the spotlight.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Return to The Accies