Dandi Dons v Awful Accies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Dandi Dons v Awful Accies

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 pm

To watch or not to watch that is the question. Nothing else to say.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Dandi Dons v Awful Accies

Postby porcupine » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:06 am

Alas, poor Thomas, I know not the answer to that conundrum. :lol:

Yorick ( Former Court Jester)
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:50 am

I'll be watching anyway.

It's grim at the moment but you never know.

I've had some (friendly-ish) arguments about the shape we played against Dundee United and in particular Odoffin being used in the Gogic role.

I actually like it but I think I'm in a minority. We need to stop being hammered in the first half and if we can replace him in Centre defence I think Odoffin might just be the man.

I do see that we are lacking our real footballers (L. Smith and Templeton) at the moment when we take the game to the opposition.

Obviously it was much better against Dundee United up to a point. I thought big Oggy did a lot better also.

We really looked like we tried to shut up shop after we went in the lead and to be brutally honest United are murder all over the park except up front and we just played to their strengths. All games are easy in hindsight I suppose.

I was screaming at the telly for a substitution from about 70 minutes (what was that all about - 90 minutes gone and no subs?) Callum Smith did well but was out on his feet. As he was sitting in at left mid by that point I would have brought Kyle Munro on.

I would like to see the 3 Central defenders as Hamilton, Martin and Want (if he's fit). If Odoffin is working in the Gogic role then perhaps we need Minmaugh in beside him for some creativity which means that either Callaghan or Martin miss out.

Keep it tight and at least be in the game by half time.

Like everyone I'm very worried about this season however would really love to come back from this and give rude hand gestures to the rest of the league once again.

St Mirren, Livingston and Ross County are not out of reach!
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I see St Mirren have conceded twenty fewer goals than us. Staggering. If Ferguson and McCrorie are out we'll never have a better chance of ending our run of defeats. I think I'm right in saying five in a row is our worst run since promotion.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Love the optimism but we are rank rotten. The defence has more holes than Rab C Nesbitts vest. The first goal against the Arabs was worse than schoolboy defending, all being drawn to the ball

Aberdeen will be hurting after Saturday and will be back with a vengance. Our defence will not be able to cope with big Cosgrove. Easy 3-0 Dons

Where are we going to pick up points between now and end of year.... and beyond
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:34 pm

There was a few positives on Saturday which gives me a little optimism going forward. McMann and Ogkmboe looked more like the important players they were last season and should have been this season. Odoffin did very well breaking up the play in the Gogic role although when your RB playing in a midfield for possibly the first time gives the best midfield performance of the season so far then it tells you all about the problems we have in the centre of the park. I also thought the players knew what their roles were and looked organised and coached for the first time in months. Rice mentioned that they had worked hard in training on that shape for the last 9 days and it actually showed although it does beg the question why its taken to the end of November.

Despite the improvements there is still evident issues and the team that played against Dundee Utd will not make enough chances and score enough goals to avoid relegation. A back 4 of Hodson, Martin, Easton and McMann is vastly experienced and shouldn't require the extra insurance of a 3rd CB in Stirling. Now that Easton and Martin have a few weeks "pre-season" under their belt it's time to trust in them and play a back 4. I'd like to see Minmaugh starting too as a team that makes as few chances as Accies do can't afford not to have a good set-piece taker. Lastly, Nathan Thomas seems to be a player who has scored goals for most of his career and although he isn't match fit he won't get match fit sitting on the bench.

With their midfield engine room missing and off the back of a battering at Ibrox this is a decent time to play Aberdeen - a point would do and provide a platform for 6 home games out of the next 8 and 2 winnable away games at Ross County and St Johnstone.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Plump Larkyaccie HAW » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Got ma 12 cans a German pilsner fae lidl in the fridge way ma family size steak pie for 1 fur half time. Hopefully big chipper can turn it around the night

HAW
Plump Larkyaccie HAW
Pub League

Postby Captain Haggis » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Not looking forward to this one at all, we could sneak something but equally we could get humped. Don's are looking to catch Hibs so I don't expect they will let up. 3-1 Dons
Captain Haggis
Pub League

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:39 pm

35mins in and Aberdeen having a training session.

Created fuck all and but for a wonder save from Fulton 2 minutes after conceding we should be 2 down.

But we'll lose by 1 or 2 and it'll be seen to have been unlucky by rice as,the players done all,they could've asked
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby glasgow accie » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:53 pm

2nd half much better .. but we need to start winning games ...
When Saturday comes...WE ARE HAMILTON........136
glasgow accie
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:55 pm

First half Accies - dead and buried without a hope!
2nd half Accies - we’ve actually got a chance.

Scott Martin was outstanding in the 2nd half and another good performance in midfield from Odoffin.

Raging that we didn’t beat Dundee United
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:50 pm

At half time yesterday I had already a post match script not so much about the match but the decision the owners would have to make re Brian. With no game this weekened and then a run of largely home games and 2 winnable away games this was the last sensible opportunity IMO for them to make a managerial change. Give our new coach some time to prepare and then a spell where the fixture list was sympathetic to us. However securing a point on the back of a much better second half has removed any threat to his position for the foreseeable future (If there ever was a threat in the owners' eyes). If this a flash in the pan then I don't expect much by way of points in the run up to Xmas and by then it will be too late. So for better or worse we are stick with Brian and Boozie. Last night hasnt changed my opinion re the need for a change but it isnt going to happen. :oops:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:53 pm

See that Gary Holt has jumped ship at Livingston.

Would quite happily take him and get The Pudding to feck

Think last night simply delays the inevitable journey to seaside leagues
smc4761
Premiership

Return to The Accies