The Wooden Spoon Derby

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

The Wooden Spoon Derby

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 pm

Lose against wee rovers and we end up bottom of the League Cup section :oops: Its just like the 1970’s all over again.
After a fans outcry re lack of Accies tv coverage because it wasn’t financially viable there has been a change of heart and it will be available at our usual £15. But after Stranraer whose going to watch it? Anyway I fully expect Rice to be in charge and our youth players will get their walk on parts at 65 minutes. Look Directors Im giving youth a chance. I hope they are given the same opportunity to take part in the Panto. :roll:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: The Wooden Spoon Derby

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:11 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Lose against wee rovers and we end up bottom of the League Cup section :oops: Its just like the 1970’s all over again.
After a fans outcry re lack of Accies tv coverage because it wasn’t financially viable there has been a change of heart and it will be available at our usual £15. But after Stranraer whose going to watch it? Anyway I fully expect Rice to be in charge and our youth players will get their walk on parts at 65 minutes. Look Directors Im giving youth a chance. I hope they are given the same opportunity to take part in the Panto. :roll:

We are acting out a real life Panto right now.

It is like the early 70s again but at least back then the main thing was the football whereas now it like a f****g circus.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Beardy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm

We are acting out a real life Panto right now.

OH NO We're not!

Where's the Ball Fulton? ITS BEHIND YOU !
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Much as I want The Pudding out the door lets be realistic, it aint gonna happen. Even if we lost to the wee Rovers the board would still keep him. Lose evry game until end of year, he would still be there.

The board dont give a flying feck, if the team is in PL on league 2, so should the support ? Of course the support cares but the board dont give a feck about the supporters.

With no money coming in from gate receipts, I would suggest that the money to get rid of him and Boozy is simply not there. They will wait until end of season and let them go. By which time we will be on free fall to seaside leagues over next few years, Falkirk, Thistle anyone ?

Dougie is a cheap option and not the answer. Like The Pudding he may be a great chap and bloody nice bloke but thats not what we need

Anyway why would The Pudding walk, I am sure he will be on a nice salary with I would imagine very few job prospects, so he may as well stay put and grab a few quid

Tommy Wrights name has been banded about. Good call but could we ever afford him ?
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:04 pm

Thing here is the anger at the moment is at Watsonesque scales.Even under Canning,I didn't get a feeling the anger of the fans was as bad and this is exacerbated tenfold by factors such as fans not being allowed into games and statements by Maitland and Rice himself.

We lost up to 40% of the fan base under Canning and to continue down this road will kill us in the long run as many,many fans won't return at all.

This deliberate neglect and GIRUY attitude from The BOD will make things get very ugly and there is a feeling growing that why did we save the club in the bad old days to end up yet again with intransigent Owners who see football as one of the activities we are involved in and crucially NOT the main role of the club.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies