Accies: Properly run football club!

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies: Properly run football club!

Postby kirky » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:17 pm

:lol: are you a board member by any chance
Davie Hogg wrote:Great bit of business from the club imo. We raked in several million that will go straight back into the youth system, we didn't waste any money on unproven players and because we are safe from relegation we can afford to blood the young players that hopefully will keep us in the SPFL for 2015/2016. As a fan for 35+ years I remember the bad days and this season has been our greatest ever season - we are traditionally a bottom half of the 2nd tier division with very low crowds and thanks to Ronnie & Les we are punching above our weight. We might still finish top 6 and that would be beyond our wildest dreams. Thanks to Ronnie & Les we have the best youth set up in Scotland and we can now sell players in the £1m + bracket.

Anyone who grudges a player a big move is not a true Accies fan. Anyone who thinks we should be spending money on signings is not a good businessman. Accies are a business whose remit is to bring through young players to sell. If we didn't sell players then they would never sign for our youth teams. Thanks to the board we have a terrifically run and successful business that has also given us a top 6 team when our expectations were fighting relegation. We will never win the league or get into Europe so fans need to keep their heads out of the clouds. Just remember its not so long ago we were in the 3rd division. That is how far we have come. Remember we have avoided relegation this season. That was our aim.

We need to keep the faith and trust, and get behind the club. Get behind Canzo and the rest of the team!

Accies Til We Die!
kirky
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:56 pm

kirky wrote::lol: are you a board member by any chance
Davie Hogg wrote:Great bit of business from the club imo. We raked in several million that will go straight back into the youth system, we didn't waste any money on unproven players and because we are safe from relegation we can afford to blood the young players that hopefully will keep us in the SPFL for 2015/2016. As a fan for 35+ years I remember the bad days and this season has been our greatest ever season - we are traditionally a bottom half of the 2nd tier division with very low crowds and thanks to Ronnie & Les we are punching above our weight. We might still finish top 6 and that would be beyond our wildest dreams. Thanks to Ronnie & Les we have the best youth set up in Scotland and we can now sell players in the £1m + bracket.

Anyone who grudges a player a big move is not a true Accies fan. Anyone who thinks we should be spending money on signings is not a good businessman. Accies are a business whose remit is to bring through young players to sell. If we didn't sell players then they would never sign for our youth teams. Thanks to the board we have a terrifically run and successful business that has also given us a top 6 team when our expectations were fighting relegation. We will never win the league or get into Europe so fans need to keep their heads out of the clouds. Just remember its not so long ago we were in the 3rd division. That is how far we have come. Remember we have avoided relegation this season. That was our aim.

We need to keep the faith and trust, and get behind the club. Get behind Canzo and the rest of the team!

Accies Til We Die!

Yes, but just like you, I'm only a member of this message board :D
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby kirky » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:20 pm

:cry: thought so no ambition take out as much as possible just like all the previuse money grabbers the club has been unfortunate to have as directors.get players free or as cheap as possible the youth academy must be the richest in scotland with all the money on transfers over the past three to four years happy clapping pull the other leg it has bells on it
Davie Hogg wrote:
kirky wrote::lol: are you a board member by any chance

Accies Til We Die!

Yes, but just like you, I'm only a member of this message board :D
kirky
Pub League

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:20 pm

kirky wrote::cry: thought so no ambition take out as much as possible just like all the previuse money grabbers the club has been unfortunate to have as directors.get players free or as cheap as possible the youth academy must be the richest in scotland with all the money on transfers over the past three to four years happy clapping pull the other leg it has bells on it

Your reading comprehension is very poor.

I'll make it clear for you; I am not an Accies director, related to anyone at Accies, I have nothing to do with Accies or the company who runs the stadium. I am on THIS MESSAGE BOARD same as you. That is the only board I am a member of. Get it?
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby accie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:51 pm

:cry: thought so no ambition take out as much as possible just like all the previuse money grabbers the club has been unfortunate to have as directors.get players free or as cheap as possible the youth academy must be the richest in scotland with all the money on transfers over the past three to four years happy clapping pull the other leg it has bells on it

Seriously. :o
accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Davie Hogg » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:36 pm

accie wrote::cry: thought so no ambition take out as much as possible just like all the previuse money grabbers the club has been unfortunate to have as directors.get players free or as cheap as possible the youth academy must be the richest in scotland with all the money on transfers over the past three to four years happy clapping pull the other leg it has bells on it

Seriously. :o

He is sadly very serious. If I am a "happy clapper" what does that make the people who go to the opposite extremes thinking the club is always in the shitter?
I know; we can call them 'The Kwik Fit Fitters'!
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby shotts56 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Davie Hogg wrote:Same kind of thing we had last year from yes voters in the neverendum. Ye Old Hamiltonian may have learned his debating skills there

Dearie dearie me, what on earth does that have to go with anything ? This is an Accies forum, not a forum for your political agenda.

Davie Hogg wrote:Absolutely but this board used to have lots of users who did just that and people were driven away.

I think pot-kettle-black are three words that spring to mind. I used to frequent this forum, but self-righteous nonsense like the first comment is the main reason I don't any more.
shotts56
Pub League

Postby Thethirdproclaimer » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:32 pm

Dearie dearie me, what on earth does that have to go with anything ? This is an Accies forum, not a forum for your political agenda.

100% right
Last edited by Thethirdproclaimer on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thethirdproclaimer

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Why do certain people try to bring politics and religion onto a football forum.
This should be about Accies and football in general.

For the record I voted Yes, but the referendum settled that issue, and we should get over any differences we have.
Why try to insult people by raking it up again.

Let's get back to discussing football.
Accies4ever
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:51 pm

we need to get behind the club
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Postby Accies4ever » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:19 pm

We are all behind the club.
That doesn't mean you blindly agree to whatever is served up.

Accies are a very well run club and that's something we must all be immensely proud of and thankful that we are.

We all want the very best for the team and the club and realise that in terms of the SPL we are a "wee" team.
But that doesn't stop you aspiring to bigger and better.

When things go well we praise them, when things go wrong we criticise and/or give our opinions on how to improve.
That's human nature and how it should be.
Accies4ever
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies