Killie v Its anyones guess Accies 11

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Killie v Its anyones guess Accies 11

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 pm

In this interview with Maitland he says that if you add injured payers to the list then we are set to be without a minimum of 8 players for saturday.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/loc ... t-22691475

Doesnt seem to bothered as we have lots of young players looking for an opportunity to play. So its anyones' guess what 11 we may field. And of course thats before additional testing so there may be more players self isolating. Its seems unjust that Celtic/Aberdeen get their games postponed for players who ignore the guidelines but for clubs like us and st mirren who seems to be doing our best we will be punished on the park. I honestly cant see this season lasting. I note 4 Annan players have tested positive so they have suspended pre season training and I would imagine many more to come from the lower leagues. If saturday's game goes ahead assuming we have 13 fit registered players available then no idea what to expect. Given our league record last season against Kille was good and their form this season is relatively poor I was hoping for a record breaking 3rd win in a row. :cry:
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Killie v Its anyones guess Accies 11

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

We don't know what players will be missing from this game due to Covid , we do know Hodson is still in quarantine and if the others are 3 regulars from the first team squad that has been selected for me the game should be postponed in my opinion ,you can be rest assured the game would be if it was the old firm. Of course it won't be , just look what happened to St.Mirren last week.

If however the other 3 cases have not been first team regulars and the rest of the squad are tested and all OK the game should be played.

It's only Wednesday so things may change.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 pm

It's no "IF", Stodmeister, assuming BBC's latest news feed is correct quoting "three first team players of Hamilton Academical test positive".

Game should be postponed, IMO. No point in giving any opposing team an unfair advantage by fielding a weakened team.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Willie Wastle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:42 pm

Were the three +ve tests definitely first team players? I’ve seen reports they were youth players (no jokes about these being the same).

If it’s only youth players, that would explain Maitland being so sanguine.
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 pm

Whenever STV News mentions this, it shows our players in a big heap congratulating young Kyle. Easier said than done but perhaps players will need to rein themselves in after a goal for the time being.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:05 pm

BBC now reporting the same 3 players are now testing NEGATIVE after a second set of tests carried out by the NHS. But irrespective they still have to self isolate for 10 days FFS! This raises all sorts of questions re the reliability of the tests the clubs are using.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54182701
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:50 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Whenever STV News mentions this, it shows our players in a big heap congratulating young Kyle. Easier said than done but perhaps players will need to rein themselves in after a goal for the time being.

Ffs,they are already taking any enjoyment out of the game for the fans with the draconian conditions for those lucky enough to attend without starting on the players.

I would be more worried if our players were not celebrating a winning goal in a tough away match.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Predictable i suppose. Im sure the excuses were already prepared, training and team preparation totally disrupted, injuries plus self isolation meaning a very much weakened squad etc so when i saw the starting 11 i was pleasantly surprised with both Temps and Collar included. plus the back 4 didnt look to out of sorts. And then despite losing a goal we hit back with Odoffin showing his worth again and even better Brophy walks for a nasty challenge. all looking good. So I dont know what Rice’s half time team talk was like but we came out and proceed to let Killie take charge. We had i think only one shot on goal near the end and if Im honest Killie could have had at least another. As for our substitutions there seemed to be no rhyme nor reason or impact. Oggie is just not interested why are we persisting? Just bloody awaful. And to cap it all the sound quality was good so I could here tweedledum and tweedledee right through the game. The new co commentator is even worse than the first one. Memo to self - next week tune into Dundee Uniteds’ commentators.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies