Well that was the transfer window that was

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Well that was the transfer window that was

Postby Alfie Olek » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:07 am

Don't know about you but I don't remember a transfer window affecting Accies quit like this one. Out of the blue we lose our manager and his assistant, for £250,000 allegedly. We appoint a whole new management team. We lose Hendrie on a pre contract or at least we will at the end of the season and we still get a million allegedly. We reject 2 bids from a Polish club for Ziggy. We have apparent interest in Andreu from China of all places but he ends up with Norwich for another million allegedly. Mac goes in a major huff because he didn't get a new contract or because he wasn't made manager and leaves the club with its ‘good wishes’ allegedly. Jason does the hokey cokey. First he is out then he is back in. We bring in a Brazilian defender from Moldova who turns into an Italian. We bring in a Czech who plays for a Slovakian team and is yet another midfielder. We fail to sign a striker having made what Falkirk describe as 2 ‘derisory’ bids for Loy (allegedly) and shown interest in Shields. We lose 4 games in a row. We have a record gate at home to Celtic and the under 20’s maintain their grip on top of the development league. Never dull supporting Accies.
Alfie Olek

Re: Well that was the transfer window that was

Postby rubenthedog » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 am

could not of summed it up better, although you should probably add that we've become the darlings of scottish football for the 10p entry
rubenthedog
Seaside Leagues

Postby WILF » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:03 pm

nice summary :)
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beastie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Yes a good summary of our situation.
I can't help wondering if the last 9 months will be remembered as the greatest time to be an Accies fan in my 44 years supporting them. If so then I wouldn't change it a moment of it...its all part of being an Accies fan!
Beastie
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:47 pm

In my view it is still a great time to support Accies. It is time to play Docherty Lion and Brophy in my opinion.
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies