Shellick v The real hoops

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Shellick v The real hoops

Postby Bluesy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Can’t remember the last Accies game I missed at Celtic Park so this is going to be strange.

Last time we were in their faces and didn’t park the bus and obviously came so close to a draw and hopefully we try that again.

Nervous but at least hopeful of putting up a decent fight!
Bluesy
Premiership

Re: Shellick v The real hoops

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Here we go. No idea what to expect. Last years squad was poorer imo than the previous year but we managed to pull the rabbit out of the hat at the end. This years squad so far doesn’t look much better. A mixture of youth, crocs and speculative punts. But until the crowds come back the psychology of games is completely different, no 12th man home advantage (Not that makes much difference for our home games) so going to Parkhead this helps us. I’ll go for an optimistic draw.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Did anyone see the game. Looks like we had a decent first half, but their quality showed in the end

Average age of 22 for the starting 11 with a few surprises thrown in.Winter playing up front I was not expecting and Oddofin on from start, considering he only signed Friday was a surprise.

Celtic not surprisingly dominated with 81% possession and had 15 of their 25 attempts on target

Ross County at home is the games we need to win if we are going for 8 in a row
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:29 pm

Watched it on now tv sport one day pass at 9.99. Wasn’t going to pay Celtic to watch it. Fair to say we had a reasonable first half and took the game to them when we could. Bit of luck with Scott Martins goal His strike deflected twice off Celtic players and wrong footed Bain. The pundits and fans on Pie andBovril gave us a fair bit of credit for our first half. Second half really all Celtic. At4 - 1 I think they took their foot of the gas. Their subs at the end brought a wee bit more energy and another goal. our defence is gash and is there for the taking. Not sure i would be too harsh on Fulton. With that defence any goalie would be vulnerable. We missed Gocic or someone similar in midfield to break up attacks and our corner taking was abysmal. Not sure Easton will make a huge difference coming back I’ve no doubt they will persevere with Hamilton. He is still nowhere near ready. Need to see how we fair against County to get a better feel.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Alty accie » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:20 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Watched it on now tv sport one day pass at 9.99. Wasn’t going to pay Celtic to watch it. Fair to say we had a reasonable first half and took the game to them when we could. Bit of luck with Scott Martins goal His strike deflected twice off Celtic players and wrong footed Bain. The pundits and fans on Pie andBovril gave us a fair bit of credit for our first half. Second half really all Celtic. At4 - 1 I think they took their foot of the gas. Their subs at the end brought a wee bit more energy and another goal. our defence is gash and is there for the taking. Not sure i would be too harsh on Fulton. With that defence any goalie would be vulnerable. We missed Gocic or someone similar in midfield to break up attacks and our corner taking was abysmal. Not sure Easton will make a huge difference coming back I’ve no doubt they will persevere with Hamilton. He is still nowhere near ready. Need to see how we fair against County to get a better feel.

Hamilton was completely overrun at this level.
Alty accie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Alty accie wrote:
TerracingTomas wrote:Watched it on now tv sport one day pass at 9.99. Wasn’t going to pay Celtic to watch it. Fair to say we had a reasonable first half and took the game to them when we could. Bit of luck with Scott Martins goal His strike deflected twice off Celtic players and wrong footed Bain. The pundits and fans on Pie andBovril gave us a fair bit of credit for our first half. Second half really all Celtic. At4 - 1 I think they took their foot of the gas. Their subs at the end brought a wee bit more energy and another goal. our defence is gash and is there for the taking. Not sure i would be too harsh on Fulton. With that defence any goalie would be vulnerable. We missed Gocic or someone similar in midfield to break up attacks and our corner taking was abysmal. Not sure Easton will make a huge difference coming back I’ve no doubt they will persevere with Hamilton. He is still nowhere near ready. Need to see how we fair against County to get a better feel.

Hamilton was completely overrun at this level.

He was caught out positionally quite a few times , tough lessons to learn when playing against good teams and players such as Edouard.

We did our usual of throwing youngsters into the team when playing the old firm , Winter didn't look overawed , Hughes I've never been convinced and why he started was a mystery to me.

The real test of how our team shapes up will be home to Ross County.

I still think we need an experienced centre half and while Fulton had some good saves , I think we need a goalie as well
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Euan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:33 am

Hamilton was totally outplayed by Eduard but he won’t come up against as good a forward until the next time we play Celtic.
Eduard was immense on Sunday and made it look easy, his movement is world class and he’ll eventually move to a big team in Europe.
Hamilton is good enough to play against the rest of the Scottish Premiership strikers, although he will make mistakes as he’s learning and will benefit from Easton’s return.
Want has improved massively over the past year and deserves his place, so Easton and Want would be the first choice pairing with Hamilton as back up.
I’m hopeful that McKenna steps up now he’s over his injury although he’s probably more chance of playing as back up to Oddofin.
I’d stick with Fulton for now, he deserves his chance and had a good pedigree, Liverpool and Scottish U21.
There’s an extended transfer window this season if we need another keeper.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies