Accies vs Motherwell admission prices

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies vs Motherwell admission prices

Postby Yummy Fur » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

6 days to go until this huge game and still time for the Accies board to reconsider their pricing.

Personally I've got no issues with the increased pricing against Celtic / Rangers as it covers the extra cost of policing, puts some money into the club's coffers and ultimately I can choose to avoid the bile and watch from home but the decision to increase pricing against Motherwell is a nonsense which I'm quite convinced looking at the reduced attendance in the first game actually cost Accies money.

The Lanarkshire derby is a game which the lapsed support (of which sadly there is many) might consider attending, it's the game which a family or father and son / daughter who have never attended a game before might decide to give a try rather than the usual Saturday afternoon shopping - but not if it's costing them £40 to take an 8 year old to the game!!!! So as a minimum it's time to go back to the standard £22 / £12 pricing, however if the Accies board would rather not admit the mistake in pricing then introduce a much needed and overdue £28 parent and child gate even just a 1 game experiment.

Attendances are falling alarmingly, supporters are disgruntled and this is a perfect opportunity to try something different and fill some empty seats.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Re: Accies vs Motherwell admission prices

Postby Bluesy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:18 pm

100% behind this idea.

Motherwell usually have good deals when we go there.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:29 pm

The club is full of contradictions. Season tickets priced £150 then £180, cheaper than most League One clubs and even some in League Two with free kids season tickets. That didn't last but it couldn't, to be fair. This season it was at a more regular level for this league - £320, £150 & £38. Decent. But the walk up fan, who maybe only goes now and then, is treated poorly, and if they want to take a son or daughter (or both) they are treated abysmally! £55 for an adult and two kids for the derby. How can they justify this? It should be no more than £32.

Really disillusioned. In spite of the fighting spirit on show on Saturday, the surrender in the cup still hurts. Do I really want to give this lot (the board) £25? I'll be swithering until Saturday.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:45 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, the board dont give a flying fek about fans, who seem to be a minor irritation to them. They will squeeze you dry, while going on about the boards commitment to the community and the yoof.

I hope they relent but wont hold my breathe
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Yummy Fur » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:00 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:The club is full of contradictions. Season tickets priced £150 then £180, cheaper than most League One clubs and even some in League Two with free kids season tickets. That didn't last but it couldn't, to be fair. This season it was at a more regular level for this league - £320, £150 & £38. Decent. But the walk up fan, who maybe only goes now and then, is treated poorly, and if they want to take a son or daughter (or both) they are treated abysmally! £55 for an adult and two kids for the derby. How can they justify this? It should be no more than £32.

Agree that the club is full of contradictions. For all of the "the board dont give a flying fek about fans" rhetoric no club has tried more to encourage fans to attend by making it affordable - £150 season tickets, £180 season tickets, £14 u16 season tickets, 2 free child tickets, 3 free child tickets, bring a friend, bring 2 friends, £10 entry, 10p entry, free entry (to our U18's European tie). Even now if you are a pensioner or an adult without children then the walk up prices are the best in the league.

And there is the biggest contradiction because for everything they have done to encourage younger fans to attend through season tickets they haven't encouraged the casual walk up father & son / daughter or family like most clubs in the division have done. Cheap as chips U16 season tickets are all very well but how many people buy a box set without watching an episode first?

So, Saturday is a huge game but one which has crazy pricing as it stands. A chance to try something different and create some positivity while by my very basic maths not costing the club much (if anything) in valuable gate receipts.
Yummy Fur
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Perfect game for one of the bring a friend free tickets...apart from that we always lose them!
Euan
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Motherwell at Hogmanay was £24 and £2 a child. £28 as opposed to £55 at NDP for an adult and 2 children.

How many Motherwell fans will not bring a child on the back of this plus they will be paying extra for this evenings cup replay so we need to give them an incentive to travel.

And let’s be brutally honest this could be the last Lanarkshire derby for.............
Big Wurzil
Championship

Return to The Accies