Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Rangers at Home Pay @ gate

Postby AcciesDaft123 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:29 pm

disgrace
AcciesDaft123
Pub League

Re: Rangers at Home Pay @ gate

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Just in case you haven’t seen the club’s twitter page Accies daft is referring to this.

Tickets for Hamilton supporters will be on sale at the gate tomorrow for anyone that’s not got their ticket already.

I can only assume this is the club’s response to the numerous complaints last week. Dear whinging Accies fans GIRUY . Oh dearie me. Perhaps not a surprise to be honest.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:12 pm

Tickets for Hamilton supporters will be on sale at the gate tomorrow for anyone that’s not got their ticket already.

Thankfully, I am NOT going tomorrow, but can someone explain to me how the above system segregates supporters in any area of the ground?? :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Hopefully as many as possible will turn up then as I think the team are really putting the effort in.
Oggy and Temps came off early on Wednesday so hopefully fresh for tomorrow.
Got a sneaking feeling that this might be good
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:09 pm

In my sick bed all week ,so like others most likely won't be there.

I posted this elsewhere and I feel it sums this shambles up to a tee.

A winnable Cup Tie where we could have had decent prices ,set aside a section in the home end as a singing section "trial" and the players thriving off the positivity generated.

Instead Accies have went down the St.Johnstone/Livingston route and priced out many regular fans,those there in attendance will be disillusioned,no "big game" vibe and all for short termism.

Yes,other clubs do it but the Cup is a one-off game and should have been treated differently.

We played Rangers years ago in Cup ties at Fir Park/ Firhill and Accies had big,noisy supports at these "home" games.Decent prices tomorrow and we would have had a good support which would have helped the players.

Two main issues with this policy for this game:

Firstly,people who decide not to go because of pandering to The Old Firm.Pretty soon,they will decide not to go to other games as their support isn't being seen as appreciated or respected.Why should our fans feel uncomfortable in our own end?This should never happen and engenders bad feeling among fans.

Short termism here also means lost fans who go less regularly,less season tickets over 10-20 etc years all for a quick one off buck.The economics of this long term for çlubs who do this would be interesting.

Secondly,Accies secure another historic victory but due to the decisions made here,many fans will feel cheated as they have been priced out of an historic occasion.Again,this leads to bad feeling towards a club who haven't looked at the long term implications.

What a cluster fcuk and all so easily avoidable and rectified.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Yeah, ye couldnay make it up!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:45 am

Seeing how The "away fans" are sharing this information all over Social Media allied to the "word on the street" and they will fill plenty of these seats tomorrow with the club turning a "blind eye" to safety concerns for our own fans.

Utterly disgraceful and another own goal and example of short termism leading to the chasm growing between fanbase and club.

Filling the home end with Accies fans at £15 would have brought a good atmosphere,more goodwill and perhaps more home punters through the gates for the run in.

As others have said,they will soon be begging for the fans if and when we go down.Once a game Old Firm fans won't buy strips,merchandise or future season tickets.

A disgraceful scenario where old firms coonts matter more than plenty season book holders with kids who can't afford to take their kids due to the prices today.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:39 am

The club clearly want "Rangers" fans in the home end, they know we're not turning out for this game. They don't give a toss about fan safety. Disgraceful, totally disillusioned now. Might just stay in the warmth midweek too.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:56 am

I’m appalled by this. I’m not going for all of the above reasons and it sickens me that those morons will fill our main stand.

If the game finishes without a serious altercation i’ll be surprised. I fear the worst.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Beardy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:36 pm

The club were filtering out the obvious away fans at the turnstyles, to get through the pay at the gate you had to dress neutral and say you were an accies fan, then you were good to go.
Interestingly - I emailed a complaint after the celtic game and today I was approached by a senior club official who apologised for the situation of old firm fans in the home end but also went on to say that there wasn't a lot the club could do to block them and with great honesty he said that from an income point of view the club could certainly use the income. Fair comment I thought.
The rangers fans in my section were better behaved with muted celebrations and no antagonising. That's a situation where its less than ideal but more aceptable, certainly easier than the last rangers game.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:28 am

There were no issues today.

As I’ve previously said I would go incognito into the home end if Accies sold out so I don’t blame old firm supporters who can be civilised.

Gutted about the result but happy that we gave them a game.

I don’t get how Steve Davies gets a game in that shape!

Gogic is a superhero
Bluesy
Premiership

Return to The Accies