Accies v Celtic-Sunday

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Celtic-Sunday

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 pm

Well, somebody had to start it!!

Like me, you're probably trying not to think the worst after last Saturday..................................

Comments?
porcupine
Premiership

Re: Accies v Celtic-Sunday

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Depends whose back from injury to even have half a chance. If Easton and Mcgowan are there and Southwood back in goals perhaps, but oakley is out, moyo presumably still out and it seems Rice doesnt want to play Davies so probably Winter up front !!!! That assume he gets a suspended sentence from the SFA? Is rice not up this week in front of the beaks? of course there are still afew day of the window to go allowing us to bring in some experienced players. Ha Ha
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:32 pm

We are only minus two goals so far against Celtic. Ross County are -12, even before Saturday they were -9. I wouldn't care if OFW was in goal, he did little wrong against Livi. The worst blunder was made by their keeper.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:We are only minus two goals so far against Celtic. Ross County are -12, even before Saturday they were -9. I wouldn't care if OFW was in goal, he did little wrong against Livi. The worst blunder was made by their keeper.

So you forecast a tight game then, SC, with only a goal between the teams at the final whistle??

I'll be there to confirm your forecast. :D
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:54 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Depends whose back from injury to even have half a chance. If Easton and Mcgowan are there and Southwood back in goals perhaps, but oakley is out, moyo presumably still out and it seems Rice doesnt want to play Davies so probably Winter up front !!!! That assume he gets a suspended sentence from the SFA? Is rice not up this week in front of the beaks? of course there are still afew day of the window to go allowing us to bring in some experienced players. Ha Ha

Think I saw somewhere that Moyo will be fit. Broke his thumb but plastercast now off.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 pm

porcupine wrote:
Stevie Clarke wrote:We are only minus two goals so far against Celtic. Ross County are -12, even before Saturday they were -9. I wouldn't care if OFW was in goal, he did little wrong against Livi. The worst blunder was made by their keeper.

So you forecast a tight game then, SC, with only a goal between the teams at the final whistle??

Which is more than I'll be.
I no longer go to the ugly sisters games.
One of these days I might regret it!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Karachus » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:23 am

porcupine wrote:

Well, I would take a 0:1 vs. Celtic right now - Better than being slaughtered off while Hearts defeat St. Johnstone... :geek:
Karachus
Pub League

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:57 pm

We’ve played decent against them in the past, so you never know...

Get it out of the way (as well as the game against sevco that i, myself, am avoiding), dust ourselves down and concentrate on getting something from the midden.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Looked like usual OF refereeing here. Ignoring what appeared to be a stamp on our player by Griffiths and which would normally be a red card very early on. The yellow seemed a cop-out by the ref. A clear dive later from same player is seen but ignored as far a another yellow in concerned.

We played REALLY well with Moyo & Oggy up front ut that combination had to be sacrificed for another defender after Hamilton sent off. Griffihs looked to have made it easy fror the red card bit TV later will decide for me.

Defended very well with 10 men for an hour but the high level the game was played at, was always going to tire us out eventually, and with their 3 first team subs on as well. 1-1 @ 75 minutes then collapse.

If we play half as well on Wednesday we should take St Midden apart. However, tired legs, one day less etc.etc Who knows?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:49 pm

2 blatant red cards. The ref got 1 horrendously wrong and the other spot on.

Griffith’s with a stamp that Walsh bottled giving a red plain and simple. If that was an accies player doing that then it’s an easy red card cause it’s only accies.

Hamilton is the last man and made no attempt to play the ball so it’s a blatant red, however if Walsh had done the job he’s paid to do then the player who Hamilton fouled would already have been off the park.

Coward ref who bottled it. Who knows what could’ve happened if they were down to 10 and losing as big jules at the back for them was getting run ragged by super mario
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Beardy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Didnt expect much from todays game but still come away feeling that we have been robbed of a chance. How Griffiths was still on the park after stamping an Accie and a number of blatant dives just beggars belief, Ref was completely fkin nightmare and the lino on the home side was as well staying at home.
The boys put a hell of a shift in but being down to 10 men against 12 for such a long period of time could only really go one way.
Play with the same intesity against the clubs around us and we might be able to stay up .... unless of course there's truth in what one fan said to me after the match .. the league don't want accies to stay up ... a bit conspiracy theory but it feels that way sometimes.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Well I experienced alll that is wrong with scottish football today. Old firm bigotry, questionable refereeing and a club that puts profit before its own fans match day exerience. I got roundly abused walking to the game for having the cheek to wear my accies tammy. I watched ‘home’ fans with season tickets looking for a seat they had never sat on in their lives in a stand they had probably never visited. I saw the entire back row of hospitalty celebrate every celtic goal. I witnessed numerous accies fans blowing a gasket trying to get some action taken. Good luck with that and I witnessed the SLO bringing the fans' concerns to the attention of the clubs' ‘ Chief Executive’. I’m sure he will take action and bans will follow but more likely to be Accies fans :oops:

To the match itself. The central defender pairing showed how poor our squad is. Dont see what else Boozy and Cairns could have done given Fjortoft is a liability but that experience showed in the sending off, right or wrong, for I assume denial of a goal scoring opportunity. Upto that point we were organised, looked good going forward and Oggy was really up for it and scored a cracking goal. I really expected to go in at half time still ahead. But a questionable sending off for us and the refs failure to send griffiths off for a clear attempt to stamp on an Accie player ruined the game and our chances. Down to 10 men it was really only a matter of time although as the game wore on I must admit to daring to hope we might get a draw. Hats off the team they did their best and Southwood showed why he is now number 1. As to wednesday night the team need to take a sense of injustice with them and tear Midden apart. Please.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Karachus » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Sometimes, I hate that game. Red for Hamilton is okay, but Griffiths should've been sent off too and would have been if he wore red and white. Courageous defending after that, but somewhere into the second half we had to break down....

Now it's a must to bring something from Paisley!
Karachus
Pub League

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:41 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Well I experienced alll that is wrong with scottish football today. Old firm bigotry, questionable refereeing and a club that puts profit before its own fans match day exerience. I got roundly abused walking to the game for having the cheek to wear my accies tammy. I watched ‘home’ fans with season tickets looking for a seat they had never sat on in their lives in a stand they had probably never visited. I saw the entire back row of hospitalty celebrate every celtic goal. I witnessed numerous accies fans blowing a gasket trying to get some action taken. Good luck with that and I witnessed the SLO bringing the fans' concerns to the attention of the clubs' ‘ Chief Executive’. I’m sure he will take action and bans will follow but more likely to be Accies fans :oops:

To the match itself. The central defender pairing showed how poor our squad is. Dont see what else Boozy and Cairns could have done given Fjortoft is a liability but that experience showed in the sending off, right or wrong, for I assume denial of a goal scoring opportunity. Upto that point we were organised, looked good going forward and Oggy was really up for it and scored a cracking goal. I really expected to go in at half time still ahead. But a questionable sending off for us and the refs failure to send griffiths off for a clear attempt to stamp on an Accie player ruined the game and our chances. Down to 10 men it was really only a matter of time although as the game wore on I must admit to daring to hope we might get a draw. Hats off the team they did their best and Southwood showed why he is now number 1. As to wednesday night the team need to take a sense of injustice with them and tear Midden apart. Please.

Poor comment to make and massively one sided in relation to a ban one that I’ve been against.

I’ve made concerns clear tonight to the club and they must act it simply cannot continue to this level
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Poor or accurate? The latter imo. This is a situation that has been ongoing for at least 2 seasons. This is a situation that Ronnie Macdonald claimed not to be aware of at a fans forum I attended. Where’s the club safety officer not a job for the Slo.I have No confidence in the club to address this.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 pm

This is a post from February 2018 after we had played Rangers I.e 2 years ago. It’s not by me but ggr. I have no doubt if I went further back than this I’d find similar posts to this. This can’t continue Slo? Wake up and smell the coffee it does and it will.

Once again, there were unsavoury scenes in the stands, during an Old Firm game with opposition supporters confronting and trying to wind-up Accies fans whil sitting in the HOME end.
Accies always state that any supporter found in the wrong end will be ejected. Again the stewards were nowhere to be seen when the trouble kicked off. Despite several Accies fans pointing out the culprits, it took till half time for the police to arrive and ask them to leave.

The bigoted, sectarian bile being belted out throughout the match from the "Rangers" end was thoroughly disgusting

I've followed Accies home and away for over 30 years, but I will no longer attend matches involving Rangers in the future.
I've had enough. I have no wish to have to listen to these people, especially at the home of my own club.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Is it not a fact that many genuine Home supporters at the Whitehill end are displaced when the Club sell out the first two sections of the main stand to OF supporters? It could well be them that are looking for a seat in the Sainsbury's end, where they normally do not sit.
BUT, there WERE a a lot of guys in our section that I have never seen before so that might not have made them Celtic supporters.

The Club looks to puts income before home fan loyalty, given yet another scene today with many pathetic scenarios. One of these days, there going to be trouble :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:16 pm

Tbh honest, notwithstanding that Griffiths should have been off for assault, he should have given a yellow for simulation and then a red. That, in my opinion, rounds off that we were up against that poor excuse for a referee all day.

A spirited performance and I was optimistic that we’d hold on. However, even if we had come away with something tomorrow’s papers would have been full of celtic’s failings rather than our performance with 10 men. Begs the question why even bother. The SPFL want us away, the other teams and fans want us away, and the media want us away. What flipping chance have we got?

As for their fans. We all can tell aliens when they walk around strutting their stuff when they don’t even know their whitehill from fairhill. Fair play for Sean being in and about it and, as i said to him when i was leaving, the infiltration didn’t appear to have been as bad as previous games (although i stand to be corrected as i was in the middle of “our” stand). However, selling hospitality to those bigots isn’t at all dealing with the situation. I’m mild mannered and do a job where integrity means everything but even i occasionally lose the rag when they come to town. Today was no exception when 20 odd of them felt it necessary to celebrate as much as they’d done if morelos’s brakes had been cut.

I hate the manky two and all of their bigoted, vile and ignorant fans who treat us like subservients. I hate the media belittling us week in week out and hoping that we’d feck off. I hate the way that we are treated like social pariahs by the SPFL.

So lets get it right up them by staying up...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:33 pm

Whether the powers that be want us away from their showpiece or not (I'd guess they do!), it doesn't matter. We've been up against it for five seasons and always stayed up. It will all come down to how we fare against St Mirren, County and St Johnstone. I'm not including Hearts, as I fancy them to finish 8th or 9th after signing Boyce. Huge game midweek.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:43 pm

Stevie Clarke wrote:Whether the powers that be want us away from their showpiece or not (I'd guess they do!), it doesn't matter. We've been up against it for five seasons and always stayed up. It will all come down to how we fare against St Mirren, County and St Johnstone. I'm not including Hearts, as I fancy them to finish 8th or 9th after signing Boyce. Huge game midweek.

A former referee I know says that us us and County that the system would rather see the back off. Us for the poor support, and County for the travelling to Dingwall.

Time will tell, in May :lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies