Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Motherwell .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:13 pm

I have in my hand a piece of paper. I think the reason for the turn around in our play was the tactical switch when Scott McMann handed Alex Gogic a scrap of paper midway through the first half. Not entirely sure what it was, Gogic playing further forward perhaps but from that point on the change in our play was total. We completely dominated the second half, with Scott Martin in particular immense. It really was the complete team performance, if we ignore the usual terrible start at Fir Park. McMann probably had his best ever game, Mickel was so unlucky not to score, while Moyo almost scored a wonder goal before hanging in the air at the back post for a thoroughly deserved winner. An amazing day.

Bloody typical it's not on Alba. They've given up showing these derbies for some reason.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Didn’t see a performance like that coming.

Utterly sensational. I’m an emotional wasteland.

Scott McMann put in as good a performance as I’ve seen from an Accies player
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:55 pm

That is why we all watch football. Shite for weeks but that 2nd half makes it all worthwhile.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:35 pm

If only we could play like that every week
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Myself and others warned folk not to miss the derby as some of our greatest derby wins have came when we have been up against it and that game today should have finished 4 or 5-1 such was our dominance.

Beaton gave them everything also and we were denied two penalties which surprise,surprise Sportscene never showed-especially the blatant push on Mikel Miller.

The celebrations at the end from fans,players and officials were magical.Just a shame too many of our own fans missed it but their loss.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:25 am

If ever there was a Jekyll and Hyde performance then this was it, utter dire in the first half as has been the case for weeks now and then totally dominant in the 2nd half.

That’s usually a performance against a league 2 team in the bet Fred cup not one that is the 3rd best team on paper in Scotland.

Typical it’s the break as that could’ve gave them some confidence to go at teams more.

Martin and Miller were excellent in the 2nd half and apart from a weak header from a corner southwood had nothing to do all second half.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:28 pm

I thought we were fairly dominant towards the end of the first half BigWurzil, they had already fallen out of it. There wasn't a lot happening up our end.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:26 am

Just watched the highlights and bloody hell big Moyo played like bloody Ronaldo. His header for his goal was superb and a great knockdown header for McGowans goal
smc4761
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies