Accies v Saint Johnstone

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Saint Johnstone

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:37 am

Accies havent won 2 games in a row since March 2018 according to the BBC while Saints have only scored once in the last 4 games while conceding none so if I was a betting man this has a no score draw written all over it. Without throwing caution to the wind we should go for it and all 3 points. A win would make a huge difference to our season and might just loosen the purse strings to give the squad a bit of a boost.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Saint Johnstone

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:13 am

Now's the time to win 2 in a row then onwards to Fir Park with our heads held high.

Minimum tinkering with the team please .
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Euan » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:58 am

Looks a definite 0-0, which would be ok, but hopefully we can sneak a 1-0
Euan
Premiership

Postby Captain Haggis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:22 pm

Very disappointing game. First half we looked like we might do something, second half we were bloody awful, not helped by 3 poor substitutions. Some awful passing and finishing. Thankfully for me I was still suffering from the night before so the pain was dulled by that at the onset of hypothermia. .I think were going down this season.
Captain Haggis
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Well normal service resumes. No highlights at all from this Accies performance worth mentioning. I have no intention of going to the Well game. I refuse to subject myself to humiliation. No more to say on the subject.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Don't change a winning team.com.

That team were never in the game till changes were made by both sides:ours made us worse but their changes improved them-especially the young lad Hendry coming on.

To lose six points to that pish is a sackable offence in itself.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:56 pm

The only real football manager in the dug outs made changes to try and win the game and it paid off. While our clown outfit of a ‘head coach’ made changes to try and not lose and got what he deserved.

Rice out.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Well, a not entirely unexpected, but completely preventable defeat - the subs changed the game and not in a good way for us. To watch that garbage was bad enough, but then to listen to a deluded interview from BR was double garbage. Didn't recognise the game he described and was slightly bemused by his take on our performance - made worse when Derek Ferguson provided a more accurate reflection of what we had watched. One step forward, two steps back. And another potential 2 steps back on Sunday to look forward to. Give me strength !
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Even an alien from Mars would have known not to make defensive subs whilst the team was playing (reasonably) okay. Beggars belief that he put on Alston. And Hunt. Davies, yeah okay, but he was stifled by 2 man markers as soon as he walked over the touchline. Ineffective (and he looks like he’s been on the christmas puds...although i still rate him).

Cant recall a shot on target although i’ll stand to be corrected if we did.

And it was freezing.

And they ran out of milk in the bothy.

I fear the worst against the scum. It’ll be a slaughter...

I missed Saturday’s game for personal reasons but heard from mates that Miller played well. Today I thought that he was pretty good so at least that that’s a positive.

The downward spiral continues until Uncle Ben fracks off.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:25 pm

Rice is a pudding
smc4761
Premiership

Postby hollerman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:32 am

BBC stats say that we had two shots on target, and St Johnstone had one!
hollerman
Pub League

Return to The Accies