Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies .V. Hearts - MATCH THREAD

Postby smc4761 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:58 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:Can't quite believe Miller didn't win MOTM, never mind his great goal, he deserved it for that amazing cross! I did think to myself at 0-0 that Collar was playing well but I would have put him second to Mickel. Thought it was turgid stuff in the first half. I get that Rice probably wants it to be safety first initially but there's something to be said about starting a match on the front foot. Still, it worked out. Can we win two in a row?

Have you been on the sherry Stevie Clarke, when was the last time we won 2 league games in a row ??

3 points yesterday only 3rd win of season Reading the stats looked like Hearts had plenty of shots/corners/possession but did nothing with it

The only way is up
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Grit,tenacity,digging in,fortune,skill and a willingness to die for the cause got us those three points yesterday.

Despite periods of constant bombardment we dug in till half-time.I said to plenty folk at half-time this was our day due to their missed chances,us playing "down hill" second half and the fact I felt their high pressing/tempo game would leave them goosed the longer the game went on...and so it proved.

Apparently,St.Mirren v St.Johnstone was too sides too scared to lose.We don't have that option as we need to win,so we will see how they deal with that.

Can't remember the last time we win two games in the bounce but if we do,it will send us to Fi r Park full of confidence.

Finally,slightly disappointed in the turn out home end yesterday.Let's hope plenty folk turn out on Boxing Day as we need the fans to get behind the team as we all did yesterday.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Finally,slightly disappointed in the turn out home end yesterday.

Hardly a surprise YOH. The numbers were down before the St Mirren game and that performance and then the Aberdeen result weren’t going encourage fans back. Looking around me yesterday 4 regulars in front of me, 3 beside me and 2 behind were all missing.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Just seen the highlights - lucky if there are 400 home fans.
Gav
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Gav wrote:Just seen the highlights - lucky if there are 400 home fans.

Not quite that bad, gav. I had a rough count of the first three sections on the left and came to roughly 240ish. Then there were the two main sections, maybe another 350, then the rest including hospitality, you're probably well over 700.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:44 am

Well the turnout was indeed down however I enjoyed the atmosphere created by such a small support.

How nerve wracking was that last 10 minutes?

Hearts were at each other's throats all through the game. I never saw them as serious relegation contenders until Saturday.

Their new manager seems to be a bit of a risk to me. So I think that Hearts, St Johnstone and Ross County can all join St Mirren as relegation rivals for us.

Thursday is another massive game. They should make it 'bring a friend free for season ticket holders' as there will be people home for Christmas, relatives visiting etc.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:43 pm

Delighted with the second half, accies looked like they wanted a game and wanted the win more. Played the better football, cheated a lot less than hearts. Mickel was sensational full of running, winning the ball back , scoring a belter and that cross for the second - how did he pull that off at that angle while turning and being pushed over - tremendous stuff. He was my MOTM all day, maybe Collar's head was needing some confidence boosting, give his ego a wee massage with an award. Shame about the defensive error that made the last 10 minutes a puckerfest - looked like Stubbs got caught on the wrong side Bozanic, but we'll forgive since its christmas.
Same again against St Johnstone would be great, please and thank you.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 pm

An enjoyable Saturday afternoon for a change. Thanks to the team and BR for actually trying to win and amazingly succeeding - whoda thunk it??? I also watched Sportscene for the highlights for the first time since the last time we won. Merry Christmas indeed :D
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Previous

Return to The Accies