Divided Loyalties

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Divided Loyalties

Postby JohnnyDiverse » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:34 pm

So the TV camera picks out Messrs. Ryan and McKinnon singing with the massed ranks in green and white at Hampden today. With the recent declared love for the same team expressed by SH, is it becoming of a professional footballer to behave in this way in public, when the team concerned is a rival in the same league as their wage-paying employer?
JohnnyDiverse
Pub League

Re: Divided Loyalties

Postby leefy118 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:45 pm

who is messrs??
leefy118
Pub League

Postby Willie Wastle » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

leefy118 wrote:who is messrs??

It's the plural of Mr (mister).
sic a wife as Willie had, I wadna gie a button for her!
Willie Wastle
Premiership

Postby simonswimmer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Lionel Messrs, our new Argentinian signing, and unashamed Celtic fan!
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby redandwhite1874 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Absolute non issue for me. If I had been good enough to be a professional football player I would not have stopped supporting Accies and attending games when I could; and at the same time would have given my all to each and every team I played for.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby simonswimmer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:20 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Absolute non issue for me. If I had been good enough to be a professional football player I would not have stopped supporting Accies and attending games when I could; and at the same time would have given my all to each and every team I played for.

Certainly cannae ask these guys to stop supporting the team they followed their whole life, but I reckon a bit more subtlety wouldn't go amiss, if only out of respect for the fans of their own team. ie, avoid getting caught on live national TV standing singing Celtic songs at an old firm match! Sure, attend the match, but maybe leave the scarf and green face paint at home

See also, players arranging shirt swaps prior to the match. Bit of a beamer
simonswimmer
Pub League

Postby Alfie Olek » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm

They weren’t caught in a pub singing sectarian nonsense ;) they were attending a public football match and if thats their team good luck to them. As long as they give their all on the pitch whoever they are playing I have no issue.
Alfie Olek

Postby acciesusername » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:30 am

Daz being a Celtic fan isnt news to anyone.
Was he any less committed against them than against anyone else? Not that I could see, he seemed to enjoy a tussle or 7 with Scott Brown among others.

The rest of it is irrelevant.
acciesusername
Pub League

Postby Alexander the Great » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:55 pm

fine them, disgraceful.
daft donnachie is thicker than the lenses on they daft specs he wears !
Alexander the Great
Championship

Postby AmanAccie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:09 pm

This has already been done to death in the papers with a certain Aberdeen player! Who cares? I've seen said Accies players in with the Accies fans supporting our team with just as much enthusiasm.
AmanAccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Red and white hoops » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:40 pm

as long as they give their all for Accies i couldn't care less who our players support. I remember daz and Chucky being in our end at the five nil Motherwell game supporting us as much as any other fan. As a previous poster said its not like they've been caught singing a sectarian song steaming in a pub. It's a fact of life in the west of Scotland unfortunately that lots of people grow up supporting one half of the grousome twosome.
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Davie Hogg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Red and white hoops wrote:as long as they give their all for Accies i couldn't care less who our players support. I remember daz and Chucky being in our end at the five nil Motherwell game supporting us as much as any other fan. As a previous poster said its not like they've been caught singing a sectarian song steaming in a pub. It's a fact of life in the west of Scotland unfortunately that lots of people grow up supporting one half of the grousome twosome.

They should not be supporting other teams in public but nobody can accuse them of not giving their all for Accies.
Davie Hogg
Seaside Leagues

Return to The Accies