Accies v Ross County

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies v Ross County

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Time to lift ourselves up dust our selves down and start all over again. All depends if our ‘injured’ list is reduced and Alston, Oggie, Easton and McGowan are back. Who knows I-have absolutely no idea how this will go.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies v Ross County

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:40 pm

This is now a Must Win after the last two disastrous results and I reckon Rice had one eye on this game judging by his team selection on Wednesday.

Even at this early stage going into the second round of games, we can't let Ross County get eight points in front as we won't make that gap up.Hibs will probably have a new Manager soon and the way I see it we have to drag Ross County/Livingston into the mix as otherwise it will be only us and St.Mirren as the big Edinburgh two will surely pull away soon.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Gav » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:33 pm

Not confident at all. Rice is having a nightmare and if he thinks a midfield of Gogic, Hughes and Cunningham is good enough he is on drugs.

We need McGowan, Easton, Alston and Oggy to be fit
Gav
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Well when a team has a shit result or are in need of a result they must relish play Accies, Hibs, St Johstone Aberdeen and now Ross County.

It will be a nervy affair with a very low crowd-- under 1000? game will be shockingly bad and 1-0 Ross County
smc4761
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Well that was a bit of a shock, 1-0 down after 1 minute then come back to lead 2-1 whoo hoo.

But as with all Accies teams they cannot hold onto a lead, and County score in 88 minutes.

Feels like a a defeat.

Draws are OK but we need to start winning games
smc4761
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:22 pm

I thought second half was the best we have played for ages and we should have scored a few more as they were always going to pile on the pressure at 2-1.

Despite Want playing reasonably,a lack of a back up right back is killing us as Gogic shouldn't have been chasing Gardyne in the first place.

Deflated, but more optimistic than recent weeks if we keep that second half display up.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Agree re our second half performance, most creativity I’ve see all season but we got carved open down the RHS for their second. Scott Martin got red carded with a couple of minutes left no idea what for as I had moved down to the sideline. I assume he’s out for next week? 1 point not good enough IMO but given the first half may be I should be greatful. And in terms of the crowd it’s given as 1268. With 5 minutes to go I counted just under 100 County fans so 1168 Accies fans. Bollocks they are definitely counting season tickets whether u turn up or not
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:39 pm

I know it's halloween and all that but we didnt really need a nightmare at the back. First half was unispiring guff, could really hear the crowd turning against the team, and rightly so.
Second half was a different team, big stevie showing that he's a class player (can we get a leg transplant for him?), Smith was outstanding and showing tenacity again, Miller looking interested - all in the accies looked like they were playing with some heart.
All good until the ref ruined it with some outrageous decisions , the linesman bottled it and the game was a boguey after that.

A much better performance than wednesdy night, earned the 3 points but was robbed by a shite ref and #1
#bringbackwoodsy
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:19 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Agree re our second half performance, most creativity I’ve see all season but we got carved open down the RHS for their second. Scott Martin got red carded with a couple of minutes left no idea what for as I had moved down to the sideline. I assume he’s out for next week? 1 point not good enough IMO but given the first half may be I should be greatful. And in terms of the crowd it’s given as 1268. With 5 minutes to go I counted just under 100 County fans so 1168 Accies fans. Bollocks they are definitely counting season tickets whether u turn up or not

And dozens of those season tickets will be ones given away free to sponsors and the like, who probably only attend three times a season...
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Accies Bill » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:50 pm

I have to say I feared the worst at half time as that first half performance was shocking but not as shocking as the officials performance. How Ross County's number 27 stayed on the park is beyond me, three fouls, one of them. very blatant, then a dive along with the customary County scream for a penalty which was ignored, very strange seeing that the ref was flashing yellows for supposed Accies simulation. Then in the second a deliberate hand ball and shove on McMann but not even a card in sight.
Back to Accies, second half much better and Davis changed the game, with Lewis springing to life also. Strange substitution though with Hughes coming on which I think didn't help for their 2nd goal.
Finally though i would really like it explained how Foster saw out 90mins, warned after a poor challenge on Smith, then minutes later does another on Smith after the game was stopped, then proceeds to kick in at Smith three times supposedly trying to get the ball, the answer another warning. Complete and utter joke.
Accies Bill
Pub League

Postby Beardy » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:40 pm

totally agree bill
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby porcupine » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:32 pm

And what about referee blowing his whistle for a foul and allowing play to continue on the other side of the field?? Quite bizarre :oops:
The Referee Supervisor must have had a field day recording the significant number of wrong/baffling decisions today. This includes when play was stopped for a foul and then ignoring the stand side linesman (who ran onto the field when Foster was having a go at Smith when on the ground) and never enquiring of him why??

Heard that today was the Premiership debut for the referee. What a shocker, and I suspect Scott Martin gave him a mouthful of invective as to his prefomance up to that point, resulting in the red card. Daft of SM, but almost understandable.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:51 am

I thought the ref did ok - probably best I have seen this season.

They have ear pieces in so are in constant contact so dont know how you can say that about the Foster incident.

Martin was stupid and has no excuses. Eventually gets place back in midfield and now gets himself suspended.
Gav
Championship

Postby hollerman » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:41 am

I thought that there was good and bad in the ref's performance. Agree about County's 27 (Stewart), who at the very least should have been booked for persistent fouling, and Foster should also have more than a warning. On the other hand, he was spot on with the bookings of Oakley and probably McMann too for diving, although I was too far away to judge the latter for definite.
hollerman
Pub League

Return to The Accies