Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Aberdeen - MATCH THREAD

Postby Gav » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Dreading it. 3-0 away win.
Gav
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Depends on the team we put out. Need Smith and Martin from the start.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Need to get team selection right a lot of "tinkering" going on this season , I know some enforced by injury.

Never been convinced by Hughes as a first team starter to be honest and would feel better with someone else in his slot. Maybe we'll go for Martin and Daz to beef up the dig , albeit at the expense of creativity.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:06 pm

Not sure Daz will be able to catch anyone to inject some dig - he looked way short on Saturday.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:21 pm

I was shocked by Daz on Saturday.
Looked way out of condition.
I think Dougie and Daz should concentrate on being a coaching partnership. They’ve clearly got something
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:44 am

Last 2 seasons results against Aberdeen home and away are largely predictable with wins for Aberdeen by 2 or 3 goals. The odd exception e.g. last seasons surprise 2- 0 for us at Pittodrie and a 2 - 2 draw at home in season 17/18. Based on saturday’s performance this is another easy 3 points for Aberdeen but we are at home ond our home record is ‘reasonable’. If Alston is fit then perhaps a draw is possible. I assume Will Collar is injured? so I supect we get Hughes again. We really dont have many options do we and a creative midfielder in Janaury is a must.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby The Goalie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:43 pm

Watched both Accies & Aberdeen games, last weekend via tv.

Honestly didn't know Beck was on the field until he was subbed.

Like others, I was also shocked by how much Daz was off the pace, chasing shadows.

We were fortunate that Saints only scored three, (two clear sitters and crossbar).

The defending or lack of it for the 3rd goal...omg...get back into the game only to concede with mins left...player un-marked in the box...what's that all about???

While Aberdeen, what a pityful poor performance against Celtic...playing players out of position...sounds familiar.

If fit, I would select;

1. Goalkeeper who commands their box & takes crosses - so NOT Williams
2. McGowan
3. Stubbs
4. Easton
5. McMann
6. Smith
7. Gogic
8. Alston
9. 0kcampo
10. Martin
11. Miller
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 pm

Beck did set up Miller's goal to be fair. It was Hughes that I barely noticed.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:05 pm

If a team is not playing great and fans are on the managers back they must love playing Hamilton. This pretty much guarantees them a free ride for at least another week. Hibs, St Johnstone... and now Aberdeen

We are conceding goals too easily just like last season and midfield is non existent. The good will that Rice had is starting to wane a little.

Easy 3-0 for Aberdeen who are fairly decent away from home
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:04 pm

Dismal display, low quality canningesque hoofball. Virtually no creativity going forward, nearly the whole 2nd half had Martin in space looking for a ball that never came. Just dismal.
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby smc4761 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:32 pm

Bring back Canning

Its gonna be a long season and unless things improve significantly its not looking good.

Typical the one season the pundits did not fancy us to go down.......
smc4761
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:34 pm

I wish that i had just stayed at home.

And as for that poor excuse of a referee...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:11 am

Accies seem to be very shy in divulging tonight's attendance. Nothing on Twitter. Notice they also no longer announce the 50/50 winner. Or the prize.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:49 am

Too much hoof ball I agree. Thought Smith was the wrong man to take off. Cunningham impressed me and Gogic is sensational now.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:11 am

9 games without a win and difficult to see where the next one will come from. Down to 10th and it looks like a straight fight between us and Midden for bottom spot. Aberdeen were no invincibles last night and had we a full team out then maybe we might have got something. i thought we started brighly enough and had a couple of good goal attempts including miller’s diving header just past the post but as usual we cant defend from set pieces and conceded to easily. Apart from lewis’s shot that their keeper tipped over the bar I dont think we threatened much thereafter. Certainly in the second half i dont recall us giving Lewis much to do in the Aberdeen goal. I agree Gocic played one of his best games for us. Captain heroic with his bandaged head. As for our ‘Yuf’. Well they tried but just not upto the standard that can make a difference. Did you notice that Hunt was on the bench I genuinely had forgotten all about him and no sign of mckenna or Fjortoft not that their the answers either. Lose against County and the games a bogie in my opinion. I also looked for a crowd figure but no where to be seen. The BBC usually have it in their match report but no sign and not in the advertiser twitter feed either so obviously not given out. Given the big gaps around me of familiar faces I reckon we were down to about 700 home fans and maybe a bit more for aberdeen. If the figure comes out eventually and its over 2000 then their at it. At least the snake oil salemen and thier caravan seemed to be having fun.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Beardy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:43 am

Have to agree about Gogic, he covered every inch of the park and looked to be the only player out there that still had heart for the game in the second half. Lewis & Cunningham were denied the chance to create anything because every ball forward was the long ball up to Oakley to hold for support, which only works when you get the ball to him and he isnt surrounded by 3 defenders. It didnt work at all in the first half and , rather alarmingly, there was no direction from the bench to keep the ball on the deck and try pass it out to the wings, wee bit different in the second half where at least the back 4 passed between themselves and the keeper.
I see county took a pumping last night so at least they can get their uplifting morale boosting win against the accies at the weekend.
#bringbackwoodsy
Beardy
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 am

Crowd figure now appeared on the BBC match report 1687 so I reckon around 750 for us?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am

If there were 1687 at the game last night then i’m a monkey’s uncle. No flipping way.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:06 pm

It's not nine games without a win TT, it's three. You're forgetting the Livingston match. Crowd for midweek match last season was 2,104 and that looked about 700 Accies. Given that the away support was greatly reduced, I expected between 1500-1600 so not far away. They'll still be counting every ST holder. Edit: A Dons fan on Pie and Bovril says they had 717, so 970 Accies! Hospitality must have been hoachin! A truer crowd would likely be about 1400.

Does anyone know someone who has won the 50/50 draw recently? I think they keep most of it for themselves.
Last edited by Stevie Clarke on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies