Crowd figures

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Crowd figures

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:16 pm

I had formed the impression that home crowd figures i.e accies supporters might have fallen this season but going by the first 5 home league games this season it looks as though we are on a par with last season.
Season 18/19 - total attendance for first 5 home fixtures including one old firm game 14736 = average attendance of 2947
Season 19/20 - total attendance for first 5 home fixtures including one old firm game 14748 = average attendance of 2949

I had hoped that Canning’s departure and Rice’s appointment and results in the latter half of last season would have generated some feel good and brought back some of those who had fallen by the way side but no sign at all if my maths are correct. Note its impossble to separate out home and away fans because neither our match reports or results tables on the website break the overall attendance figures down. They used to supply a breakdown figure for most hone games via the twitter feed but when things really got bad last year and the support collapsed about xmas time they stopped!
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Crowd figures

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:05 pm

I've kept a note of the fans splits since last season. The last two home games, the splits weren't given either on our Twitter or our opponents. I have the figures for the first three home games.
Killie brought 1,592
Well brought 1,409
Celtic brought 3,812

I'd take all figures with a big pinch of salt. I think they now follow the practice of virtually every other club in Scotland by counting all the season ticket holders as if they are all in attendance. And some of the OF crowds are just plain weird. Last season they gave a very honest figure of just 4,688 v Celtic but when Rangers came along later in the season the crowd was apparently 5,827 which included 2,300 in the home end, not counting the away fans in our stand. The TV pictures didn't back that up.

I think we had between 550-600 home fans v Livingston yet crowd given as 1,075. I think that was our lowest ever Premier crowd and only 66 more than watched Arbroath v Morton at the weekend.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:05 am

Anecdotal of course but the figures above tally with the general feeling that the home support hasn't increased this season and if anything has slightly fallen away from the first few games when Brian Rice took over.

What is undeniable is those who said they would be back when Canning left,still haven't returned in the main and allied to this has been the complete loss of any atmosphere in the home support due to the young lads in Section A either fecking off to go to the Old Firm(fcuk those that have) or stopping going in the Canning era and not being allowed banners,the drum or harassed by stewards etc etc.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby wearyelco » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:18 am

Sometimes a wee cup run can bring supporters back and generate an atmosphere like we had towards the end of the 0.0 at st mirren
wearyelco
Pub League

Return to The Accies