Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

St. Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:03 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: St. Johnstone .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:17 am

I’m in a state of shock. Actually ordered, paid and printed off my ticket for this game from the St Johnstone website. It will never catch on. Next for all you know they will be introducing machines that read your card so you dont have to pay with cash :lol: Anyway to the game itself. I need to get away from the mindset that this a bogey team for us. They are on a dreadful run of form not having won since a victory over Brechin in the league cup. So I want Accies to go out there and thrash them. 3 - 0 in our favour please with Oakley, Oggie and Miller to score.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:01 am

If ever there was a time to go 2 up front it is this week.
A win here would be a fantastic marker this early in the season.
Perhaps one of the most disappointing performances in recent years was when we played Dundee at a similar stage last year and allowed a team, who were without a win and very low on confidence, as much of the ball as they wanted. We invited them on to us and saw them grow in confidence as the game wore on. We really missed an opportunity that day and I hope that we don't repeat it on Saturday.
It would be a real boot in the plums for St Johnstone to lose to us at home after such a bad start and taking it to them from the first whistle is surely the way to go. Their central defenders don't like the physical approach and that is one thing we have in our armoury.
I take it paying at the gate is OK? Any news on McGowan?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:19 pm

PATG available

Saturday 26th October 2019 – 3pm Kick Off

McDiarmid Park, Perth

Hamilton Supporters will be situated in the Main Stand with the following prices:

Adults: £24
Over 65s: £14
17-18 year olds: £13
13-16 year olds: £10
Kids aged 12 and under admitted free with paying adult.
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:18 am

Kids under 12 free with a paying adult.

Take note accies and it may put a few hundred more on an already decimated home crowd.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:16 pm

Shambles, amatuer hour, disorganised, poor choose your own adjective. The scoreline flattered Hamilton and Saints should and could have won this game by at least 5. They more or less bossed it from the off. Lets face it the squad that Rice has assembled is in my opinion poorer than least year and thats' saying something. Dont care if we are still in 8th and have slightly more points than last year there is no midfield and no creativity. It was that bad I was actually pleased to see Mckinnon come on. Is Hughes the best we have got in terms of the product our wonderful amazing youth academy. God help us. Can you tell I’m not happy. And a final thought I acknowledge Brian Rice saved us from virtual relegation last season but IMO he's not the answer. Dear Chairman can you please refund me my petrol money, parking charge and admission. Rant over.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:03 pm

Well said TT - today was absolute nonsense and we surrendered the game before kick off by having Hughes and Beck in the starting line-up. 2 absolute non-contributors meant 9 men at best and with a seemingly absent midfield we were completely flattered by the final score-line. If you just see that score you might think it was a close game, in reality it could have been many, many more and it was so disheartening to watch that it took me back to the end of Canning's reign as this was equally rubbish.

As for Brian Rice, I am slowly losing the will to support him as all the positivity he displayed at the start of his tenure has slowly, surely and sadly disappeared. His substitution of Martin was completely bizarre (barring any non-obvious injuries) and we are so timid and easily beaten its boak-inducing. Even bringing Daz on made zero difference as his efforts to bring some bite (or indeed anything at all) to the midfield were weak in the extreme. Oakley's control and contribution were poor, poor, poor and as a team I cant see any way we will avoid being 11th or 12th as St Johnstone were miles ahead of us in terms of skill, application, technique, tactics and indeed virtually any measure you care to mention.

The only good thing about today was the quick exit thanks to the good positioning of the away support car-park. Otherwise it was rubbish. :evil:
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Gogic was in midfield on his own at the end. Beck, Hughes and McKinnon when he came on we’re all completely anonymous. Really missed Alston today. Good goal from Miller but not much else from him. Scott Martin??? Why did he go off before Beck and Hughes?
Knew they’d win even after we equalised.
So disappointed
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:46 pm

Where was Alston? The club's Twitter used to tell you if a player was missing through injury, not any more.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 pm

This pre match tweet from the Advertiser Stevie

“Blair Alston is injured, while Marios Ogkmpoe is still struggling with the knock he picked up against Hibs last week.”
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:07 pm

I was sitting beside Alston in the ground - thinks he’ll be struggling for Wednesday but hopeful for next Saturday. We really missed him today
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:06 am

We’re in trouble

Against a team at the “bottom” having only beaten Brechin all season had these stats

Possession 58% - 42%
Shots 20 - 5
On 5 - 2
Corners 10 - 3

As previous posters alluded too we could’ve easily lost this by many more.

Come Thursday morning it might only be st mirren below us :| and then a must win v Ross co on Saturday
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby smc4761 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 am

Whenever a team is struggling, their manager under pressure, they must look at the fixtures and think, ooh good we play Hamilton soon.

St Johnstone not won all season, Hibs a few weeks ago playing crap, played us off the park but we somehow get a draw.

Same story as last season we are shipping goals, although to be fair we are scoring a few.

I know we cant keep chopping and changing managers but unless we start to actually win a few games we are going down
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:01 pm

3 out the 4 teams below us will finish above us and the 2 immediately above us are the 2 we need to drag down otherwise it looks like us and st mirren fighting out the bottom 2 places.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Return to The Accies