Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:39 pm

Pessimists 3 - Optimists 1. Pretty horrendous stuff. Even at 11 men we looked out of our depth. Our squad must be really poor if the answer to Mcmanns injury absence is to play McGowan as a left back and give Stanger his debut on the right in a position I don’t think he has ever played in. Where was a Hunt? I understood he could play left back. Midfield and defence as before nothing much coming from the former and the latter ineffective. Not looking forward to next week.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:08 pm

Pity to single anyone out today, but was Collar actually playing, or was that just an illusion?? Understand that we have had eight injuries of first team players, so the return of Martin is keenly awaited for me.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:09 pm

Rubbish. That is all.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Big Wurzil » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 am

New year game crowd last year 3,843

Yesterday’s attendance 2,927

And by all accounts a lot of free tickets were being dished out for the home end
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Euan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 am

Poor Accies performance yesterday
FonWilliams doesn’t command his box nor fill me with confidence, hopefully just taking time to settle.
McGowan showed commitment but played on the wrong side to be effective
Stranger Stubbs and Hamilton individually look good defenders but seemed disorganised which is understandable given their age, playing out of position and sending off.
Midfield totally overrun.
I prefer Gogic in defence and he was better once he dropped back. MacKinnon was poor as was Collar, although he showed a few nice touches towards the end. Still adjusting to the pace?
Smith and Cunningham looked up for it but were rarely on the ball. Similarly Oakley.
Both subs, Miller and Oggy were less effective than those they replaced in like for like substitutions.
We lost the game in the middle of the pitch.
Nothing to be happy about yesterday other than the weather, but cutting the grass would have been a better use of my time.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Red and white hoops » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:30 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MotherwellFC ... 7156678656

So very poor yesterday. Can’t think of any positives at all. We’d have been as well going home after 50 minutes. Game was done by then anyway
Red and white hoops
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:39 am

Horrible experience on Saturday. The game was done at 20 minutes and the whole team would have been as well leaving the field at that point.
I don't think that we were playing well with 11 men however I also don't think that we should see that performance as a pointer for the rest of the season as long as...
McGowan is played at right back.
Stanger is used as a centre back when required.
McKinnon and Collar are not the midfield partnership (arguably neither should start the next game).

How did it come to this that we had no left backs - recall McCann now (if we can actually do that).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:57 pm

Worse than the result are the stories coming out of OAP fans being treated dismissively after querying the disgraceful £15 price which has led to fans of 50+ years service vowing never to go back.

Customer Service top notch again to long standing supporters, but never mind the hundreds of local junkies,flotsam and jetsam are more important with their free tickets-none of whom support the club.

Think the crowd was nearly 1,000 down from the December game in bad weather with 849 less Well fans and many non season book Accies fans conspicuous by their absence.All this on a day when the crowds should have rolling in.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby hollerman » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:41 am

In addition to my earlier post on this topic, not only was there no announcement on the website of the price increase, there was no information at the gate on Saturday either. Still no response to my request for an explanation of the increase, despite the fact that liaison officer clearly reads this forum.
hollerman
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:50 am

The sad reality is that to those who are responsible for all things commercial the fans are just a pain in the arse. If Accies the football club folded tomorrow the commercial dept would be quite happy making money from the stadium and associated businesses. A quick look at the shareholders of Hope CBD tells you all you need to know IMO.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies