Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:14 am

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby Bluesy » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:30 pm

Looking forward to this game.
The addition of Stubbs has been a huge relief and he seemed to pair up well with Hamilton at the back.
The big question for me is who to start up front. I would like to see Oggy start.
Cunningham and Smith should start however Cunningham may be under threat from Miller.
2-0 Accies Smith and Cunningham. Stubbs MOTM
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:55 pm

I am quite looking forward to it too - which usually means certain disappointment...
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby AcciesFCSLO » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:22 am

15:00 Kick Off

PATG (Home Fans)
£25 Adults
£15 U18s/O65s
Season Books Valid

PATG should retain stubs should they wish to purchase Celtic at home Tickets.

McCarthy & McArthur Suite Open for Home fans 12:30 - 14:45
Email: sean@acciesfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AcciesFCSLO
Phone: 01698 368650
AcciesFCSLO
Championship

Postby Bluesy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:42 am

Colombian Boffin wrote:I am quite looking forward to it too - which usually means certain disappointment...

Oh come on Boffin - where's the old optimism?

5 minutes to go and we're comfortably 2-0 in the lead after Smith has scored a Zidane like volley in front of the rapidly emptying Motherwell stand...
The entire Accies stand is being conducted by Tatty and has exhausted "Accies Accies" (which I love) and is now singing Scarlet Ribbon which is turning heads not only in the Morrison's but also the Sainsbury's car park...

The paper boy will be allowed in the driveway tomorrow morning and I'll need to reset the series link for Sportscene..

Roll on Saturday.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:45 am

Extremely optimistic for this one...very positive.

...don’t disappoint us, Brian et al!!
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:09 pm

As its Fortress NDP I’m also optimistic for a positve result. A lot of Motherwell fans on social media are downplaying their teams' prospects and suggesting a draw would be a good result from them. They seem to think their teams league Cup performances were a flash in the pan. I'm assuming Hamilton keeps his place alongside Stubbs as Easton is suspended so an unchanged back four. In fact I think the starting line up maybe the same as for Killie.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Colombian Boffin » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:08 am

TerracingTomas wrote:As its Fortress NDP I’m also optimistic for a positve result. A lot of Motherwell fans on social media are downplaying their teams' prospects and suggesting a draw would be a good result from them. They seem to think their teams league Cup performances were a flash in the pan. I'm assuming Hamilton keeps his place alongside Stubbs as Easton is suspended so an unchanged back four. In fact I think the starting line up maybe the same as for Killie.

That's what makes me nervous! That said, I think the team at Killie will get better as time goes on overall. IF we come out the proverbial traps with energy and commitment we could do well, but we'll have to as Motherwell will be extrememly determined. Their record against us has been annoying lately, and Lasley was talking up their commitment to win this game on radio earlier in the week. If our youngsters can just go out and play without fear, and match Motherwell's intensity then we can win.

How we start the game seems crucial to me - if we lose the first goal, then Motherwell will grow in confidence and our young team might find that tough. Back to work.
Colombian Boffin
Seaside Leagues

Postby hollerman » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:02 pm

AcciesFCSLO wrote:15:00 Kick Off

PATG (Home Fans)
£25 Adults
£15 U18s/O65s
Season Books Valid

Whilst recognising and appreciating that Accies admission prices are among the lowest (if not the lowest) in the league, I am puzzled as to why a match against Motherwell costs £3 more than games against Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. Or have I got this wrong, and the price increase is permanent? An explanation/clarification from an official source would be appreciated. Thanks.
hollerman
Pub League

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:57 pm

Due to this nonsensical pricing policy-£15 for kids especially-then I fully expect the lowest attendance at a home derby match.What are they thinking of with these prices?Surely the SLO has made them aware of the consequences of this with plenty Well fans not coming due to the prices for their kids and likewise for our fans.

Guy I know who makes 15-20 games due to work said he is not going as £55 for an Adult and two kids is outrageous...not the actions of a family club in my book.

As for the game,their fans are pessimistic which we all know what that means.A narrow home win hopefully on the cards.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 am

I’m priced out too, well done Accies

*slow hand clap in appreciation*
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:30 am

hollerman wrote:
AcciesFCSLO wrote:15:00 Kick Off

PATG (Home Fans)
£25 Adults
£15 U18s/O65s
Season Books Valid

Whilst recognising and appreciating that Accies admission prices are among the lowest (if not the lowest) in the league, I am puzzled as to why a match against Motherwell costs £3 more than games against Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. Or have I got this wrong, and the price increase is permanent? An explanation/clarification from an official source would be appreciated. Thanks.

The pricing structure smacks of some of these new directors having an input into this.

Without any real background in regularly attending football matches over the years, and getting in for 'free' now as a director, apart from any business perks they enjoy in their business's, they will have no concept or appreciation of the real cost to genuine long standing supprters to attend games.

BW sums it up. Priced out! 30 yeara ago I was an adult and two kids. It was affordable then, but even allowing for inflation it was no way near today's £55 expected from Accies for the 'Well game. A fiver a head is MORE than a sufficient price for those up to 12 years of age.

Can the BOD not get it into their heads that it is the FUTURE LIFE BLOOD of the club to make the child prices as lsmall as possible? Otherwise, WE DIE!

Or do they even care?
porcupine
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:03 am

Pricing is completely silly and embarrassing. I’ll be there as is my penance being a STH, but friends and friends of friends don’t attend because of the pricing structure. £15 for a child...I mean, c’mon ffs...
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Euan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:27 pm

I assume the board think that u16’s will have a ST at £38 so the excessive charge will only apply to away fans.
£38 is a good price if you’re attending fairly regularly but is perhaps a big outlay for some, if they need a couple of tickets.
For every fan who doesn’t come because it’s £25 then 8 people need to pay the £3 extra to make up the money. So for the bad will generated and the lower crowd and subsequent loss of atmosphere it’s not a particularly good policy.
Different with the OF
Regarding the Lanarkshire Derby, reducing the cost to £20 and £5 for kids would ensure a big crowd in both ends a good atmosphere and hopefully entice people back.
Having said that I have a ST and I’m looking forward to the game.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:52 pm

YOH - last season's post-split crowd of 2,746 is the lowest derby crowd I can ever remember. Our crowd was down about 400 from the New Year fixture, Well's support down about 700. Very warm day forecast, be interesting to see if we top 3,000. I'm swithering whether to pay it, not being a ST holder. Part of me wants to teach them a lesson!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Made my earlier comments about daft pricing despite having a Season Ticket.

Another cluckup for Fans Liason Officer to take back to the BOD.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm

Ronnie is a VERY successful businessman, Maitland is his company accountant, Les is a successful financial adviser. All 3 of them are also genuine ‘football’ fans. All are/have been chair of the club and have stated a desire to grow the support. It should not be unreasonable for the 3 of them to sit down and devise a proper pricing and associated marketing strategy to encourage more individuals to attend games. The CEO on the other hand has a self acknowledged lack of interest in football, But he builds a mean safari trail.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:18 pm

With no Old Firm teams playing,this game had the potential to be "top billing".

Imagine,we had marketed it the other way with a deal like "Adults £15-20,kids for £1-5" then we would have been looking at both ends being full.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Still, FTW.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby hollerman » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:22 am

I note that there has still been no response to my request earlier on this thread for an explanation (of why it costs £3 extra for a Motherwell game) either from the people who made this decision or from "liaison officer". Very disappointing - I thought that PR was supposed to be improving! It was a simple and polite request, I think.
In addition, there seems to be no mention of this price increase anywhere on the website - clicking on "buy tickets" leads you to a league table or info on Hearts away game (apologies in advance if I have got that wrong, but I have searched several times). Other ticket info simply gives the regular prices of £22 and £12. So, many people are going to turn up expecting to pay £22, and be told that it's actually £25, leading to possible arguments /confrontations and yet another PR disaster.
hollerman
Pub League

Next

Return to The Accies