Accies Colts v Airdrieonians

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies Colts v Airdrieonians

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Wasn’t at the BSG tie but will make this one. Obviously a much sterner test given the Diamonds first half performance against us in the League Cup. I will be keen to see some of the young guys and presumably our on loan keeper.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Accies Colts v Airdrieonians

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 pm

Keeper is good. Shouts a lot and made two great saves in last game. He does NOT punch the ball out, but catches it! OFW take note!
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:26 pm

Lots of easy possession without much if any penetration.

Every goal kick got launched which was depressing to witness given it’s technically a development game, the fact no one went short tells me one of two things - 1 they’ve been told to go long or 2 we don’t have the players who are comfortable in possession to get out of a high press, from little things I’ve seen so far in all but Ross co away this season then it’s number 2.

I can barely recall the airdrie keeper make a save
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Disappointed for the Accies young boys. Airdrie certainly started the game well and dominated most of the first half. Our loanee keeper had to make a good save after about 5 minutes and when they scored around the quarter hour I thought the roof might fall in on Accies but we survived till half time with the score line remaining the same. second half virtually all Accies and I can’t remember our keeper having to make a save. We pressed and pressed had a series of corners but just couldn’t score. A strong all round team performance. Difficult to pick anyone out above the rest. Collar was playing Came-off about the 70 minute mark can’t say he made an impression on me good or bad.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am

Some great passing fitba from the kids who didn't deserve to lose against an Airdrie side who started with nine first teamers and who then brought on their main striker when they were under the cosh second half.

Airdrie had nine men behind the ball for large spells of the second half but we were toothless up front and unable to breach them.

Young Leon McCann,Hamilton and Stanger had good games in particular.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Return to The Accies