Preseason friendlies

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Preseason friendlies

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Just back from Kirkcaldy. We started well enough and created a couple of chances but then conceded a soft penalty and seemed to crumble, a good second goal for them and the third a deflection. Second half much improved as Rice fed on a series of substitutions and were unlucky not to get a third. Hunt looks the part and Easton showed his experience organising and encouraging the youngsters. Smith and McCann combined well down the rhs. Miller also looked sharp when became on. Stanger also made an appearance. Rice will have learned quite a bit I think. Interesting to see which youngsters he persists with. 65 awayfans.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Preseason friendlies

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:03 pm

Can't wait for the New Season.
Oh,and btw FCUK Tony Andreu.
Traitor Scum ! !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Second friendly out the way.Caught Brains pre match interview on Sky. 7 academy graduates started and more on the bench.Trialist goalie was supposed to be Kyle Gourlay. Against an admittedly weaker team that Raith, the youngsters certainly made an impact with Breen and Joseph scoring as well as Miller. I'm told Fulton is injured but Gourlay acquitted himself well making an excellent save early on and looking confident throughout although he did give away a penalty. Davies , Hunt and McGowan all came on second half as did some of the younger players. Wee Rovers weren't out of it entirely with that good chance well saved by Gourlay early on, a penalty and one goal chalked off for whatever reason. Brian in his interview said he still hoped to maybe get 2/3 in at least one of whom had experience but if not he was happy with what he had.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Fulton was on crutches with leg in a brace. Looks like he will be out for a while.
Gav
Championship

Postby Big Wurzil » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Not impressed at all today youngsters or not.

Umpteen opportunities to play out from the keeper but none of the back four wanted to drop off and take responsibility on the ball. Disappointed given the hype on here at times about hamilton and stanger, both of them never really stood out and against a league 2 team. When we finally played out it went to Want who every time fired a hopeful ball up to Mario which got easily dealt with.

Mimnaugh went off at half time and he was the culprit for getting caught on the ball 20 yards out and gourlay pulling off a brilliant save to prevent us going 1 down.

Hunt came in for mimnaugh and he looks the part, gets it down and played wee give and goes for 6 yard passes and keeps it simple. Davies was much better than Mario in terms of holding it up but mario is more mobile.

Positives, I thought the wee left back and both the youngsters with no number look very tricky. I noticed rice had a long chat with him after he took him off. Great goal by Joseph for the 3rd.

Overall we should’ve dominated possession much better than we did especially against the 2nd worst team in professional football in Scotland
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Looks as if Stanger played right back which he isn't great at the few times he played in the reserves,so no surprise he wasn't at his best.

Fwiw,the guy played until a few weeks ago,so I would have given him a month off as young players can suffer burn out a laTierney,McGregor and even Michael Owen.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:48 pm

Or even Tom Donnelly.
Lol.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:24 am

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:08 am

Anyone have any idea if both games this week (tonight v Stirling Albion and tomorrow v Dumbarton) have the same status. Are they both first team games or is one of them the development squad?
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:36 am

I havent read anything to suggest its other than first team games Bluesy. I would imagine tonights game definately is. Wont make the Dumbarton game but he seems to be giving everyone some game time so I would imagine those that get 45 minutes or less tonight will get game time tomorrow. Thats if they are not injured!!! We havent seen Daz feature yet or the Norwegian boy. No idea whats happening with either?
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Gav » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Apparently Daz will be fit for Saturday. Fjortoft is out for a few months I believe.

Martin out gor 2 months and Fulton wont be playing anytime soon.
Gav
Championship

Postby Gav » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Looks like Saturdays rumour was crap. Fjortoft on bench tonight.
Gav
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 am

Three down one to go in terms of friendlies. Brian in his post match interview seemed happy enough citing improvements game on game. I find it difficult to tell as so many players changes make it difficult to assess the overall team performance. Eastie looked comfortable at the back, Hunt continues with solid performances and had the wits about him to grab a goal when the ball fell to him and Alstons goal was well taken. First appearnce for our Norwegian but given it was just 30+ minutes not even gping to attempt to guess how he will do. I think the starting line up yesterday was nearer our possible competitve line up but with injuries already kicking in to Martin and Fulston I would still like to see a couple of more experienced players in particularly in midfield. Brian said Collar is carrying an injury so he is being careful with him so no idea when he will feature. Crowd of just over 300. Friendlies dont do it for the good people of Hamilton :)
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Return to The Accies