Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:23 pm

Now there's a mouthful :) We have been drawn at home against BSC Glasgow of the Lowland league in the first round. Ties to be played on the 6/7th of August. The winner has a home tie against Airdrie in the second round, ties to be played 13/14 August. I took in the tie against st mirren colts last year which we lost but it was an opportunity to see some of the younger players like marsden and stanger so I might take in one of the ties provided we dont charge silly money. i have fond memories of the challenge cup and I have mixed feelings about being open to colt teams but thems the rules.
Last edited by TerracingTomas on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:37 pm

Think BSC have a wafer thin chance of going through.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:57 pm

Well, that's some food for thought, and new information to chew upon. :roll:

Thought I was the only Accies suporter who went to St Midden last year to see our boys against their colts team, which, as TT says, we lost. Sat in their main stand just along from Oran Kearney who was unveiled that night as the Buddies new Messsiah. One year on, and, hey-ho, gone!
Hope he was on big money from St Midden, as they still have to pay up the two remaining years of his contract. Might just reduce the amount they can spend on new players, or Tunnocks Tea Cakes for training breaks.
Last edited by porcupine on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Quite a few Accies fans there that day Porcupine if I recall, well about 50. Quite glad Kearney has gone as I think St Mirren would have been a force to be reckoned with next season had he stayed based on their last quarter performances but then so where we. Remains to be seen how Goodwin performs at this level.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 pm

If Goodwin gets the 'shoe-in' as expeceted, I think he will do OK. Always thought he prformed well for us, but seemed not to fit into MC's tactics, and left unexpectedly. There's a surprise!!! He has had a good track record with part time Alloa, as did Jack Ross, but the lack of moneyat Paisley might be an issue.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Would much rather had Kearney still there than Goodwin.
I fancy Goodwin to do a Jack Ross.
Kearney was a muppet.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:02 pm

porcupine wrote:If Goodwin gets the 'shoe-in' as expeceted, I think he will do OK. Always thought he prformed well for us, but seemed not to fit into MC's tactics, and left unexpectedly. There's a surprise!!! He has had a good track record with part time Alloa, as did Jack Ross, but the lack of moneyat Paisley might be an issue.

Pretty sure Billy Reid was the manager when Goodwin was here.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:16 pm

Correct, SC! :oops: :oops: 2010/11 14 appearances for us. Crumbs! That long ago??
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies