Hendrie your thoughts

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Hendrie your thoughts

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:02 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... ts-5060839?

Well done to him and his agent for shafting the club!

I don't think we should play him again as he will not want to get injurd and won't try!
H9crx
Premiership

Re: Hendrie your thoughts

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:10 pm

That's football, everyone knows the rules. Shame as he went for the club that messed him about and they wouldn't be interested if he got injured in the last few weeks. Would also have liked to have seen him push for a transfer now so that the club get maximum reward; but we don't know the options available to him or clubs that were interested etc. either now or in the summer. Short career and this will probably sort him for life.

But we will get cash for him due to his age, perhaps more than we thought we would get for him in terms of recent form. Would love to see him do well, but personally I think he has gone to a level to high.

We now owe him nothing and if ne never kicks another ball for us then he can't complain - that's football, everyone knows the rules. If we do pick him then his role is to still do his best.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:18 pm

I don't think we should judge him too harshly. After all, if he wasn't good enough for Accies we would drop him or free him without a second thought, so I can't blame him for going for a deal that's in front of him. And as R&W1874 says, we have no idea what that deal is. I personally wouldn't advise anyone to play for any club managed by Sam Allardyce but that's probably just my prejudice.

It does seem from this end that West Ham played fast and loose over this whole affair which does not do them any credit - not that they will lose sleep over that!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:19 pm

If this has not happend! he was not going to extend with accies and I would not have played him again.

I think the deal went south as his agent cut him and SH a better deal for pre contract.

I know this is football but player befour him have signed extensions to make the club money as a thank you.

Will never be a accies ledgend in my eyes.
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 pm

It explains what happened with West Ham going quiet on the deal as common sense dictated why pay £2 million (supposedly) for a player out of contract in the summer. West ham have obviously spoken direct to the agent and player and said here’s what you get if you come to us on a pre contract. A heck of a lot no doubt. Going buy what Telfer cost Dundee United then Hendrie who is playing at scottish premiership level and is an under 20 scotland player should net the club between 200,000 and 400,00. Not £2 million but nearer what he is currently worth. There is still something smelly about this but que sera.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 pm

As an aside, MacDonald played U20s last night in left midfield and then right back.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Don van Vliet » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:It explains what happened with West Ham going quiet on the deal as common sense dictated why pay £2 million (supposedly) for a player out of contract in the summer. West ham have obviously spoken direct to the agent and player and said here’s what you get if you come to us on a pre contract. A heck of a lot no doubt. Going buy what Telfer cost Dundee United then Hendrie who is playing at scottish premiership level and is an under 20 scotland player should net the club between 200,000 and 400,00. Not £2 million but nearer what he is currently worth. There is still something smelly about this but que sera.

Are you implying that we get something for him through this deal?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Law of Averages? There is no law of averages.
Don van Vliet
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Don van Vliet wrote:
Alfie Olek wrote:It explains what happened with West Ham going quiet on the deal as common sense dictated why pay £2 million (supposedly) for a player out of contract in the summer. West ham have obviously spoken direct to the agent and player and said here’s what you get if you come to us on a pre contract. A heck of a lot no doubt. Going buy what Telfer cost Dundee United then Hendrie who is playing at scottish premiership level and is an under 20 scotland player should net the club between 200,000 and 400,00. Not £2 million but nearer what he is currently worth. There is still something smelly about this but que sera.

Are you implying that we get something for him through this deal?

There are FIFA regs re training compensation for players transferred when under 24, this covers even where they move under freedom of contract.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Hendrie, or Hendry as he is referred to, is the Feb pic in the Accies calendar.

Any chance of the club issuing a replacement page? :oops: :D
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Was not me who did the text on the calanders honest guv :o
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:05 pm

There are FIFA regs re training compensation for players transferred when under 24, this covers even where they move under freedom of contract.

As Red and White says. Thats what happened with Charlie Telfers move to dundee united. United offered I think 50 K then I think 100k. Rangers demanded much more and a tribunal decided that united had to pay just over 200,000. I assume if a development fee is not agreed between the 2 clubs then a tribunal decides.
Alfie Olek

Postby Whiskeytown » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 pm

Hardly comparing like with like mentioning Charlie Telfer. He barely kicked a ball for Sevco in tiers four and three (heck of a manager that McCoist!) so it should be nowhere near £200k and well in excess of the £400k the previous poster estimated.
Whiskeytown
Championship

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Does this happen before the move or after?
H9crx
Premiership

Postby H9crx » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:37 pm

@westhamtransfer: Stephen Hendrie will have a medical tomorrow and will join in the Summer. £1m compensation. [@mattylawless]

Don't know how true this is re compo
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:26 am

1million compensation agreed between the clubs according to the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:57 am

Was going to say that if a pre contract is signed the clubs might then agree a fee for either now or the summer. Any panel would be a flat fee with no add ons and it might suit both to avoid a panel.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Don't quite understand all the furore here to be honest.

Week after week people have a go at Hendrie and say he is no good , so now they get what they want and the club gets money for him , what's the problem?

Why would anyone think that West Ham would pay £2M for a player out of contract at the end of the season?

Wish him all the best , we just move on.
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Wish him all the best , we just move on.

Agreed. Moving on if we are serious about establishing ourselves as a premiership club I want to see the club going back in for Loy. Someone said Falkirk were hanging out for £100,000. Given he is 26 and has scored 26 goals in 53 appearances for Falkirk I would say he is worth it.
Alfie Olek

Postby WILF » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Any money we get for Hendrie is a bonus, whether it's a pre contract compensation or normal transfer, I don't see the issue. Whatever we get will be worth it as he hasn't in my view kicked a ball for Accies and getting a move to the Premiership is as an incredible achievement for him as it is for his agent. Regardless of whether hs is leaving or not I wouldn't have him in the team. Nothing personal, just a football opinion.

In terms of how the deal was done and how parties conducted themselves, this will come out in time. In previous deals Ronnie and Les have openly wished players well and commented on the strengthing of bonds between buying and selling clubs. Will be interesting to see if this has the same feeling to it.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Loy will be worth nothing in 4 months, so for me he is not worth 100k
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Next

Return to The Accies