Hendrie your thoughts

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Hendrie your thoughts

Postby Alfie Olek » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Loy will be worth nothing in 4 months, so for me he is not worth 100k

So was Hendrie and many would argue not worth a million but West Ham wanted him badly enough

We should already have spoken to Loy's agent and tried to get him on pre contract if we are not going to meet falkirk’s price. We need a striker. Mac appears to be on the way out, Jason is not a long term answer and poor old Brophy can’t seem to get 90 minutes.
Alfie Olek

Postby Gaspode » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:04 pm

redandwhite1874 wrote:Loy will be worth nothing in 4 months, so for me he is not worth 100k

I agree, there seems to be a clamour to sign this guy and i honestly can't remember him at Falkirk. Surely with the contacts we have down south a half decent forward could be sourced. I heard the name Beck being mentioned somewhere, he played for Falkirk last season and while he was no great shakes he did cause a few problems. He's only 20 I think and I would rather take a punt on him and see if would could develop him rather than waste 100k on Loy.
Gaspode
Championship

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Alfie Olek wrote:
Loy will be worth nothing in 4 months, so for me he is not worth 100k

So was Hendrie and many would argue not worth a million but West Ham wanted him badly enough

We should already have spoken to Loy's agent and tried to get him on pre contract if we are not going to meet falkirk’s price. We need a striker. Mac appears to be on the way out, Jason is not a long term answer and poor old Brophy can’t seem to get 90 minutes.

Steven will not be worth nothing in 4 months so the comparison doesn't work. If we want Loy then get him on a pre contract and then test Falkirk with a bid in those circumstances
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby redandwhite1874 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Double post - sorry :oops:
Last edited by redandwhite1874 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:35 pm

[quote="Gaspode"]

I agree, there seems to be a clamour to sign this guy and i honestly can't remember him at Falkirk. /quote]

26 Year old 5' 10" Forward with 26 Goals since 2013 for Falkirk. We could do worse, as we need some height up-front, apart from someone who can bang in the goals, given proper service from midfield.

And the Moderator has still not removed the offensive heading from the other thread!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Alfie Olek » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:37 pm

From the official site

The Club is delighted to announce that following a further approach from West Ham United for Stephen Hendrie, we have been able to reach agreement on a fee, and Stephen has signed with the London Club. Furthermore we have agreed with West Ham that Stephen will remain with us as a player till the end of the season.

Well there it is. Done deal at last. Whatever the fee I assume there is no sell on clause but I’m sure the club is presumably happy with what has been agreed financially or they would have gambled on a tribunal giving them more for his development. Hopefully thats the only player to leave during this window. Famous last words.
Alfie Olek

Postby redandwhite1874 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Everyone seems happy with the deal and if he is the only one to go that would be great.
redandwhite1874
Premiership

Postby WILF » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:40 pm

Worst player on the park today, great deal for the club.
He is increasingly a passenger and a liability and I'd like to see McDonald given a chance.
Poor distribution, Lucky not to concede a penalty, sacrificed out the box at all corners despite being one of our taller players as he cant mark or win a ball in the air, never given the ball by McGovern or Tena as we build from the back, schoolboy defending for today's goal albeit a good strike but how much space did he get, added zero going forward.
WILF
Seaside Leagues

Postby H9crx » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 am

WILF wrote:Worst player on the park today, great deal for the club.
He is increasingly a passenger and a liability and I'd like to see McDonald given a chance.
Poor distribution, Lucky not to concede a penalty, sacrificed out the box at all corners despite being one of our taller players as he cant mark or win a ball in the air, never given the ball by McGovern or Tena as we build from the back, schoolboy defending for today's goal albeit a good strike but how much space did he get, added zero going forward.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ He needs dropped! His in ability to tackle or shut down shots of crosses cost us today!
H9crx
Premiership

Postby Accies4ever » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:30 pm

Good luck to Hendrie.
He's got a great move for him personally, but I suspect it's on the back of Accies' reputation rather than Hendrie's abilities.

I've never rated Hendrie. He's ok, but nowhere in the class of Ziggy.

Anyone know what £ compensation Accies got?
Someone told me £500k, but I suspect that was pure guessing.
Accies4ever
Championship

Previous

Return to The Accies