Groundhog stadium renaming day

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Groundhog stadium renaming day

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:54 pm

Ever think you are reliving the same day over and over again? Back in February Hope CBD told us they were standing aside from the naming of the stadium to allow new sponsors Foy part of WSA Holdings to take over. In the biggest ever (where have we heard that before!) 5 year deal worth £750,000 the Stadium was to be rebranded as the Fountain of Youth Stadium. Quite like the name actually. In addition Foys were going to build a wellness clinic at the ground employing up to 20 people while paying for a new TV gantry and indoor media centre. Fast-forward to the Advertiser last week and the same deal has been announced again only this time no mention of a TV gantry and media centre, the money is going to the youth academy. Doesn't it always?

So where is the £750,000 coming from? Foys were set up in April last year with 10k capital and have yet to publish accounts. But not to worry Foys are part of WSA Holdings but wait a minute they were only set up in August last year with £100 capital and they haven’t published accounts either. Perhaps the money is coming from one of the other companies that our sponsors are directors of viz. Spanish Mortgage and Loan Compensation Ltd but they haven’t published accounts either.

It sounds to me like the business men behind this deal have had an idea but have yet to attract the necessary financial backing to build their clinic. Hopefully I’m proved wrong but can anyone remember Nevis Sport and Superseal!!! Given we are now entering our 6th year in the SPFL you would think that there is an established financially proven to be sound company out there that would like to sponsor us.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: Groundhog stadium renaming day

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:40 pm

Rumour has it their CEO is Chris Grayling!
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

How about GLASSBERN?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stodmeister » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 am

I guess these deals are brokered by our esteemed CEO.

https://caseron.co.uk/claiming-sponsorship-expenses/

Mind you the phrase "money laundering" also comes to mind :o
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:47 am

We've all beeen over this ground before, fellow supporters.

Accies sponsorship in the last few years seems often to be with "smoke and mirrors" companies, made of straw, & having little, or no, available financial information on which to base any ability to pay their own way in business, far less fork out £150K for 5 years as is suggested in the latest (or not quite latest February 2019) "publicity stunt".

I suspect the big national companies steer well clear of Hamilton Academical FC as a place in which to invest sposnsorship monies. Would you, looking to sponsor your brand nationally on TV and Media, invest tens/hundreds of thousands of hard earned profits into an organisation that proved to have as weak a financial control over its bank acount operations as HAFC did in recent times?? Answers below- YES/NO.

Not only did this create a short term immediate loss of substantial funds, but a much longer term loss of credibility in such trust that is required for proven companies to see their sponsorship funding being both meaningful to them, and controlled by the company sponsored, in a sound fiscal way too.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:37 pm

The Snake Oil Stadium has a nice ring to it.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:13 pm

I see they are advertising the pre season friendly against Stirling as taking place at ‘Foys' stadium. What happened to the Stadium of Youth. More PR fake news from Accies. Donald Trump eat your heart out. Accies pioneered fake news before you. For wall read Dome :roll: :lol: :oops:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:13 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on what our stadium sponosrs are upto given that the deal was supposed to be worth £750k to Accies :lol: . Part of the deal was a clinic employing upto 20 people next to the stadium plus new media facilities. No sign of either yet :roll: but you will be pleased to know that if you are wanting treatment then all you have to do is e mail them and no doubt they willarrange a drop in at their clinic in Thailand :o

From one of their many websites:-
StemCells21 key treatments listed below are generally performed over 7 days at our state-of-the-art medical center in Bangkok, Thailand. Most conditions can benefit from our stem cell treatments and regenerative medicine programs.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the chances of seeing any real return from this sponsorship deal range from next to nothing to nil :?:
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:04 pm

Not just you TT. My original post in June also suspected a deal not Thai’d up for any money.
porcupine
Premiership

Return to The Accies