A season in numbers

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

A season in numbers

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 am

Just a few probably dodgy facts from the season past. The win yesterday gave Rice a points to game ratio of 1.26 from 15 league games compared to Canning’s 0.61 from 23 league games. Apply that to all 38 games assuming either had been in charge for a full league season and Canning would have had 23 points just enough to secure the play off place over Dundee with 21 points and Rice would have had 47 points securing 9th spot for us. The 10th spot achieved means we get £1,125,000 prize money. In terms of goals against, Dundee were worse than us shipping 78 goals to our 75 while we scored the worst in the division with 28 league gaols compared to Dundees' 31. Our goal difference for the season was the same as Dundee -47. Crowds wise our highest recorded home attendance was against Rangers (5827) and our lowest against Livingston in the league cup (1012). None of this captures a mostly agonising season which started with a pre season defeat to Clyde in the bright sunshine but ended on a ‘high' securing that 10th place and more importsntly saw the managerial change we were looking for. I look forward to next season to see what Rice can do given basically a new squad and a full preseason under his belt. Onwards and upwards Accies.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Re: A season in numbers

Postby porcupine » Sun May 19, 2019 12:11 pm

Excellent summary, TT. Confirms what we discussed on the way home yesterday, about the massive turn around since BR took charge. The biggest challenge for next season is a robust defence in depth, and some real consistent scorers up-front. The numbers confirm it all.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 19, 2019 3:04 pm

That Rangers crowd was a work of fiction. A more honest crowd was 4,688 against Celtic. There were about the same number of empty seats against Rangers i.e. a bloody lot! The other Sevco game was also more believable, 5,013.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Westender » Sun May 19, 2019 4:09 pm

Doesn't matter where you go what forums your on some people start to compare green v blue, that's why I support accies to try and get away from it all it's poison. If everyone followed their hometown team ( or in my case where I was born) then these two wouldn't have the budgets or fan base that they have and it would be a more level playing field.
Here's to the accies staying up a great achievement
Westender
Pub League

Postby Euan » Sun May 19, 2019 9:54 pm

The difference since Rice took over is the confidence we now seem to have in getting a result at home. Only a defeat to Rangers to spoil our home record since his appointment. If that form can continue into next season and we can even slightly improve our away form we should be fine in probably the hardest Premier League we’ve faced yet. Looking forward to it.
Euan
Premiership

Return to The Accies