Dundee .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Dundee .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Sat May 04, 2019 7:54 pm

How enjoyable was that result??? Avoid defeat in Paisley a week on Monday and we'll have a good summer and I will look forward to seeing what BR can do with players he brings in. Keeping Andreu would be good too !

This may sound slightly bitter, but who would have thought we'd stay up longer than Dundee when they won the First Division and suggested our well known best pals Morton deliberately colluded with us to lose 10-2 to try and spite them. Our enjoyment that day and Easter Road were enough to get it right round them, but today was just about as enjoyable. Where is Paul Hartley now, the wee monkey ?? :D :D Additionally, listening to Neil McCann nearly greeting when Jim McIntyre suggested he may have to bear some responsibility for Dundee going doon was a special moment too 8-) 8-)

Finally, a special mention to those other loveable scamps Falkirk whose brave bid for the Champions League just fell short and will now struggle to win it from League One. Ooh ya !!

Just shows you that having big fanbases means the square root of chuff all. Whisky time :)
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat May 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Nearly turned around en route having spent 50 minutes stuck in traffic but persevered and made up time by doing 80+mph between Perth and Dundee so only missed 5 minutes. First half reasonably even although we had the best 2 chances. Second half the game opened up and there was a lot of end to end stuff but we always looked the more likely with their keeper pulling off 2 excellent saves and then just when I think a draw looks likely tricky Micky pulls a penalty and Andreu justifies his loan. Oh the joy. It’s in our hands now. And yes I heard McCann on Sportssound. What a plonker “I don’t have a relegation on my CV” as he tore into McIntyre. Need to play to win against St Mirren although a draw settles it.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Sun May 05, 2019 12:36 am

Great three points and one from six available HAS to be the absolute minimum target, without trying to defend a point at Paisley, in a game I cannot make for other reasons.

We need to be in St Mirrens faces from the off, as they need all the points more than we do. Can someone explain why we were playing Minnaugh today in a crunch game. Perhaps BR see more in him than we do, but surely on MOnday week, we HAVE to field our strongest eleven plus a bench of proven players where we will get a goal or three.

And as for Dundee, with that big support and a Premiership team, blah, blah , blah, well, great that we went there and showed that a wee team from Lanarkshire are where they are in the league, on merit, and not for any other reason.

Let's all keep positive and hope that we have the last home game against the Saints from Perth as a godd day out for both teams with safety already ensured.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Sun May 05, 2019 8:11 am

One point from six is only good if the point comes at Paisley.

Wasn't there, but watched the whole match on alba and I thought Mimnaugh had a good game. Very composed on the ball, especially second half.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am

I wasn’t there either but listened to the full live commentary on bbc Scotland mw. Michael Stewart and the other guy both praised Mimnaugh during the game.
When I heard the team I was a bit concerned but it seems he’s there on merit.
Paisley should be exciting :shock:
Euan
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:07 am

Stevie Clarke wrote:St Mirren's late goal is fairly irrelevant. Five points or four points, a draw next week keeps us up. Well done today, players and fans.

Maybe disagree slightly with you on this one. It all depends on next week game against St Midden. Dont lose and that goal will have made no difference.

If we lose however it means that St Midden if they win or draw at Dundee will go ahead of us . This then means we may need to match their result when we play St Johnstone.

I know all ifs buts and maybe, real squeaky bum time
smc4761
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 05, 2019 11:36 am

Quoting Kearney after yesterday’s draw with Well -

We must win our last two games. We need to beat Hamilton and then go and beat Dundee but will also need a favour when we wanted it to be in our own hands.

If anything there is more pressure on Midden now. Yesterdays results bought us a bit of relief and we go into that game knowing 2 options win/draw are good enough for us. Fingers crossed.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Had to copy this from the DarkBlues fans forum -

As bad as Dundee were that refereeing performance is up there with the worst I have seen. Never a penalty and some of the decisions were nothing short of cheating.

I agree....hard to believe one could be so much worse than the rest, but Hamilton simply took the pi*s out of him, took over the game from him, and he didn't even realise it. He never had control of the game....but we made it easy, accepting defeat with barely a whimper.

Among the countless "I see no foul here" nonsense, his finest moments were:

Ran half the length of the pitch to scold their keeper after umpteen displays of timewasting at goal-kicks, rather than get a card out
Several 'drop ball' fiascos when we had possession in attack, and the ball is hoofed all the way to our keeper
A surprising number of Accies 'head injuries', breaking up our possession, even one where the player 'injured his head' rolling in grass 

Never mind your teams rank rotten but then if we bought the Morton team why not yesterday’s referee LOL
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Previous

Return to The Accies