Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accies .V. Motherwell - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 pm

Lets get right intae these fcuks from the off.
Bunch of North Lanarkshire Cuints.
FTW.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:16 am

It's really getting tense now and Motherwell are going to be tough opponents.

What is clear about them is that they are really good going forward and are particularly strong in midfield.

They are distinctly dodgy at the back however.

If we were going into this game with Canning style, backs to the wall, tactics there would be [swift] frankly no hope.

We really need to take the game to them and I think Davies and Oakley both starting is the way to go.

It can't possibly start as badly as the last time and McGowan must start at right back.

I would be very tempted to start Lewis Smith instead of Miller to give them something extra to think about at the back (Miller could be an excellent impact sub later on).
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby aldoaccie » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Three points may be a bit of a step too far, but we can only hope that all 11 up their game for what is our first of 5 cup finals.

I’d pray to the baby jeesus for a large home crowd, although I’m not expecting miracles so probably won’t bother.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby TerracingTomas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

Lovely weather for a derby but being the Easter weekend the good people of Hamilton have probably made other plans than watching Accies so I’m not holding out for a bumper home support. In fact it seems to be very low key across the various social media platforms. Anyway I assume we stick with more or less the saint Mirren line up. We are capable of taking something from this. If it’s all 3 we will be nearly there
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby adriansprott » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 pm

No excuse for not getting at least a point , they’ve nothing to play for , and judging by last week , their defence have already packed up their cases , Davies and Oakley up front from the start
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby TerracingTomas » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:51 pm

The BBC stats fo this game suggest a fairly even match. From my vantage point Motherwell looked as though had they chosen to and upped the gears they should have had the game done and dusted. Instead they paid the price for not capitalising on their superiority IMO, making a mistake which we took full advantage of to score. No idea why Mcmillan was playing although bringing back Dougie for this one was worth a try but too many misplaced passes as usual. After they scored we just fell out of it and created little and need an error to get back into it. On this performance we are heading for the play off spot.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby wearyelco » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:05 pm

Dont get to as many games as id like but today was the first time in ages that I heard the whole stand singing.
wearyelco
Pub League

Postby Bluesy » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:35 am

Well that was exciting anyway.

I was reading this morning that Kilgallon said Rice lost his temper at half time (the first time he'd seen that from the manager) and changed it round.
I'm happy about that because the first half got poorer and poorer whereas we were a different team in the second half.
Making the 2 forward substitutions early enough to make a difference was also really good.
Taking McKinnon off before he got sent off was another good move.
Perhaps the best of all for me was bringing on Lewis Smith on the left, we really need to see this boy get a run in the team. I think him and McMann could do some real damage down the left.
In other words I'd play him in Dougie's position on the left however I did think Dougie did OK on Saturday.

As the poster above said, the whole stand chanting was great (Tatty keeps going and going and hats off to him).

We've had a few really good away supports come to Douglas Park in the last few games so offering a discount wouldn't have made sense as we'd have lost out on the away support's money (so the get a pal in with your season ticket was the best option).
Livi and St Johnstone aren't going to turn up in numbers so a discount might be a good idea as long as it is well publicised. Get these people in and hope that they get a taste for it in time for season ticket sales.

In summary: Manger beginning to look the part, more Lewis Smith please, let's get the punters in for the last 2 home games and get us over the line.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Stevie Clarke » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:07 am

Start Oggy, Oakley and Smith and we'll beat Livi. We really need these three points before the next two games, especially as our record against Dundee recently has been woeful.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby Euan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:38 pm

I’d have taken a point before the game, expecting Livi to beat St Mirren, and we’ve now moved well ahead of Dundee, so I have to remain positive.
Hopefully we can beat Livi too and if Saints fail to beat Motherwell then we should be ok.
Smith should start, as should Oakley and Oggy, with Davies replacing him if he tires.
Quite confident that we’ll be staying up. If only the last minute wonder saves from Oakley’s shots hadn’t happened v St Mirren and Motherwell we’d be out of sight.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:31 pm

As usual the fixtures work against us
By the time Dungdee play St Midden they will already be down.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Stevie Clarke » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Euan wrote:I’d have taken a point before the game, expecting Livi to beat St Mirren, and we’ve now moved well ahead of Dundee, so I have to remain positive.
Hopefully we can beat Livi too and if Saints fail to beat Motherwell then we should be ok.
Smith should start, as should Oakley and Oggy, with Davies replacing him if he tires.
Quite confident that we’ll be staying up. If only the last minute wonder saves from Oakley’s shots hadn’t happened v St Mirren and Motherwell we’d be out of sight.

I'm sure Oakley was flagged offside. He looked it on the highlights.
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Return to The Accies