Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Re: Livingston .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:23 am

Blah Blah Blah.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:09 am

87th minute before we have a shot on target is dire beyond belief.

Saturday is huge now, worst case is no lose.

The fact we’ve beaten st mirren twice this season might play on their minds a wee bit post game.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:52 am

Sometimes better to post after a nights sleep but another bad result that leaves me fearing the worst for whats to come. Firstly that team selection. After the Killie game there were quite a few across various forums suggesting Miller and Sowah should be dropped so i wasnt surprised by their omission. Kilgallon was perhaps benched with Saturday in mind. Not going to criticise Brian for adopting this tactic. Where I would disagree were the replacements. Macmillan isnt going to make the grade and it was a big ask of young Mimnaugh. I would have like to have seen Imrie on the bench and given 45 minutes but we do not have the riches in the squad that has perfect replacements on the bench. I havent heard Brians' post match interview but if correct he has discovered just how poor overall the bunch of players he has inherited are. As for young Mimnaugh he was no worse than the rest occasionally showed some nice touches and will over time develop. To the game itself, first half there were a few short spells were we looked like we might do something but gradually Livvie pinned us back and took control. They look well organised, confident and physically bully other teams. Going in 0 - 0 I hoped we would might scrape a draw but no, losing an early goal you could see any confidence drain out of the team and Livvie just strolled through the second half. The game was lost after that first goal and to be honest substitutions whenever or whoever were not going to make any difference. I wonder if the squad now realises that even if we stay up most of them will be gone either seeking pastures new or shown the door. If we lose on Saturday I really thing we will be gone so the pressure for me is on our players less than Saint Mirren. I do know one thing I will be there. Adding insult to injury a fiver for parking on top of £24 quid is robbery. Finally Livvie show what can be done with a limited budget and well organised payers. Well done to them although already they are losing out of contract players for next season so it will be interesting to see if they can repeat their success. i just hope Accies are there to witness it.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:18 pm

No chance of staying up.
We're heading South for good
Pub Team.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby smc4761 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:54 pm

Looks like Saturday is our "cup final". If we have any hope of staying up we need to win simple as. If we draw think it will still be squeaky bum time.

I have read that we have 3 away games after split. Now our away record this season does not make good reading. We have only scored 7 goals so far away from home.

6 games left and we need to win 2 of them. Lets start this on Saturday
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Call me pessimistic but on what grounds should any Accies fan be full of optimism?
I had great faith in Rice up until the Kilmarnock humping and last night's pish.
He seems hardly any better than his predecessor and that says it all.
We're fcuked.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Previous

Return to The Accies