Livingston .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Admin » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:29 pm

Your comments please...
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Livingston .V. Accies - MATCH THREAD

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Humped.
All out attacking philosophy again while leaving an already obviously inadequate back door wide open again.
And Livingston have proved this season that they are well capable of exploiting it.
Weather,rain.
Crowd ,798
36 Accies.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:53 pm

I'd take a draw now.

I would play Scott McMann for Sowah and start Lewis Smith for Miller and bring on Davis rather than McMillan for Oakley
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 pm

I'd be delighted with a point too.
Providing that Celtic take care of St Mirren that would get the gap to 5 points before the crunch game on Saturday.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby aldoaccie » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:32 pm

I’m putting the Livingston game to the side. It’s Saturday’s game that’s more important. We lose, we go down. It’s as simple as that.
aldoaccie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Bluesy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:42 pm

aldoaccie wrote:I’m putting the Livingston game to the side. It’s Saturday’s game that’s more important. We lose, we go down. It’s as simple as that.

Not if we win tomorrow night.
I do agree that it is much better to win on Saturday than tomorrow however it would open up a really good gap again on St Mirren. This would mean a draw on Saturday would be much better for us than them.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Heading through for this one with no idea what to expect. Another defeat IMO sets us on a downward spiral from which it may be difficult to recover. We really need to go into the split maintaining our 10th position and with at least a 4 point gap on 11th. Our post split record last year was awful with 1 win out of six and my fear is that 2 poor results against Livvie and St mirren and we will repeat last year’ record. Davies appears to be available for this one but its the midfield thats let us down imo with absolutely no creativity. Andreu has shown none of his old magic and if its the same by half time id give Dougie a second half run out in his place.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Stodmeister » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:Heading through for this one with no idea what to expect. Another defeat IMO sets us on a downward spiral from which it may be difficult to recover. We really need to go into the split maintaining our 10th position and with at least a 4 point gap on 11th. Our post split record last year was awful with 1 win out of six and my fear is that 2 poor results against Livvie and St mirren and we will repeat last year’ record. Davies appears to be available for this one but its the midfield thats let us down imo with absolutely no creativity. Andreu has shown none of his old magic and if its the same by half time id give Dougie a second half run out in his place.

We need something from this game and am not sure how Brian will set the team up , we all want to win but a point wouldn't be a disaster.
Midfield lacks creativity and it looked like a bunch of headless chickens at the back at Killie.

McMann for Sowah , back to 4 at the back and bring big Davies in to ruffle up their centre halves.Andreu is still off the pace a bit and I'm not sure whether him and Miller are effective in the same team so certainly a change there.

We can't go gung ho into this and have to bide our time , Livi have nothing to play for and we have everything so I'm hoping a bit of dig and passion together with the right tactics will help us get something. If we can get 3 points at Pittodrie then we should get something here.

I'm taking for granted that Celtic will deal with St.Mirren so I'm hoping for a battering , and a couple of injuries and a sending off there. :D
Strange things CAN happen at this stage of the season
Stodmeister
Championship

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm

I've a pretty good idea how Brian will set up.
Wrecklessly attacking as usual.
With the Barn Door of a defence wide open as per norm.
Fear the Worst.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby The Goalie » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Hopefully tonight is another game where we get an unexpected result against an East Coasty team.

On a separate note, going by our horrendous minus goals tally, maybe we should be sponsored by President "Build the Wall" Trump or Dunkin Dounuts.
The Goalie
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:16 pm

WTF is Rice playing at?
Tonight is NOT the night for 17 year old Mimnaugh.
Clueless.
Feck off Rice.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Bluesy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:23 pm

Poor tonight- never felt we were in with a chance. Played into Livingston's hands.
Saturday is now a massive game.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:34 pm

Saturday is a non event.
(1) outnumbered yet again embarrassingly by Away supporters.
(2) humped by the Midden after blowing a great chance to pull further away at Almondvale.
(3) But the Men Shed Project is doing great so that's the main thing and McGowan's junkies are doing fine so who cares about the Football Department?
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Scotty Tunbridge » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:59 pm

As soon as that team was picked the game was lost absolute fucking shambles. McMillan is an imposter and Mimnaugh is never going to cut it in first team football.
Scotty Tunbridge
Championship

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Really poor stuff again and I was really disappointed with BR tonight - the team selection was surprising and subs really strange.

I'm sure Mimnaugh will turn out to be a reasonable player but he was totally overwhelmed in the game coming up against an aggressive Livingston team who were far too strong for us, his passing in the first half was also really poor - although he wasn't alone - and he was generally anonymous.Not sure what McMillan was supposed to be doing and how they both finished the game is known only to BR. Tshiembe sold the jerseys for the first goal and the second was a free header inside the box, both poor goals to lose.

I didn't think we were an attacking force at all really, the ball spent most of the evening 50 feet off the ground but the difference between the teams was that their blooters generally went to their players, while our blooters generally went to their players too. Poor to watch but Livingston completely deserved their win.

BR has obviously changed his principles and I hoped leaving no-one up the park when defending corners was a thing gone the way of Canning but we saw it a lot tonight and I felt that the gung-ho approach of his first few games was totally missing, instead it was a wishy washy sort of showing with no clear game plan and we again lost out to a team who, on paper, have nothing to play for but who seemed to want it more than we did. If we're going down, lets go down swinging rather than bending over and taking it with little apparent interest.

Despite the shortcomings mentioned above, I think BR will prove his worth as our manager, hopefully starting on Saturday - we have been horrifically bad the last couple of games so surely an improvement is overdue - and as well as moving us further away from St Mirren, it will also allow Swift Frank to change the bloody record as it is becoming too tedious for any more words.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:20 pm

Yes it's all Swift Frank's fault that we are pish.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:37 am

Looked the wrong team for me and wrong subs.Can only think Andreu was subbed due to booking and McMillan should have been off instead of Oakley as he was breathing out his arse.

Two individual mistakes although Livvy could easily have scored double.Only really looked like scoring when playing high ball to Davies which we should be doing as this midfield isn't good enough for passing football.

Horses for courses and all that but very telling Rice on the Radio saying he was"having to make do with what he currently has" which is codeword methinks for Canning having left him a shambles-especially in midfield.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Looked the wrong team for me and wrong subs.Can only think Andreu was subbed due to booking and McMillan should have been off instead of Oakley as he was breathing out his arse.

Two individual mistakes although Livvy could easily have scored double.Only really looked like scoring when playing high ball to Davies which we should be doing as this midfield isn't good enough for passing football.

Horses for courses and all that but very telling Rice on the Radio saying he was"having to make do with what he currently has" which is codeword methinks for Canning having left him a shambles-especially in midfield.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Tumbleweed.. » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 am

Frank, you can't be responsible for us being pish seeing as you're not even at most of our games.

What you are responsible for is being consistently and constantly negative, blasting the players and manager(s) ad infinitum, complaining about everything and generally doing a great impression of someone who hates everything about the club. It is your prerogative of course, but it is incredibly boring to read every day and I would rather read some insightful comments from you instead - I accept its less taxing to mindlessly complain though so I'm sure you'll carry on regardless. Ach well.
On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision, I'll always take the roundabout way.
Tumbleweed..
Seaside Leagues

Next

Return to The Accies