2 wins and a draw = 31 points and safety ?

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

2 wins and a draw = 31 points and safety ?

Postby Big Wurzil » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 pm

And I reckon that’s enough to keep us 10th and safe.

We’ve got 24 points and got killie and livi away and st mirren at home then the split.

Dundee are on 18 and have st mirren and st Johnstone away and then Aberdeen at home.

St mirren are on 17 and have Dundee and Celtic at home then us away and and a rearranged game away to st Johnstone no doubt after the final round of games before the split. That st Johnstone game could be interesting as they won’t make the top 6 so i hope they don’t down tools and gift st mirren a cheap 3 points.

Getting 31 would require both Dundee and st mirren to need at least 4 wins from their final 8 games, given they’ve both won 4/30 games winning 4 of their last 8 games would seem to be beyond them. It means our 2 games v st mirren and Dundee are at worst no lose games. Any victory for me would finish them.

The final 3 games in 7 days could have an effect on the squads of all 3 teams. We have 3 games where we really should be taking points in all of them and Dundee and st mirren have games where they could/should lose at least 1 or 2 of them.

It’s going to be nerve wrecking
Big Wurzil
Championship

Re: 2 wins and a draw = 31 points and safety ?

Postby TerracingTomas » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 pm

It would be quite an achievement to survive in 10th place on 31 points. I’ve looked at the top table going back as far as season 7/8 and the lowest points total accumulated by the team in tenth was us last year with 33. Normally the team in 10th has high 30’s or 40’s. I think that shows how rank rotten the bottom 3 have been this season acknowledging our recent improvement under Rice. I’d be happier seeings us get a minimum of 3 wins and a draw and even then.....
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby smc4761 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Think if we get 3 wins that should pretty much see us safe, that will give us 33 points. We do have the worst goal difference though.

St Midden and Dundee must be really rank rotten if they have only gotten 17/18 points so far. Our record before BR was also attrocious, just as well for us that they were just as bad if not worse.

The big ones for us will be St Midden and Dundee, if we win or at least dont lose that would pretty much seal their fate.

But who is going to finish bottom, for me St Midden and maybe a wee Dundee Derby for the 11th and play off place
smc4761
Premiership

Postby Euan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 pm

I’d prefer Dundee to go straight down and don’t mind if St Mirren stay up via the playoffs, although Ayr would be my preferred option to come up as I always enjoyed a trip to Somerset Park.
31 points is within our grasp.
Euan
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:36 pm

I still fancy Ricey Boy to get us into Top 6 and Europe.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 pm

St mirren beat and erhahon with a straight red so that’s 2 games for him.

Simeon Jackson trying a panenka at 0-0, unreal.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby porcupine » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:25 pm

Now looking at the stats, we have sored the least goals at 20 and conceded 66 the worst amount of all with a huge deficit now on GD.
Really looks like 11th at best on these performances, and quite possibly 12th and straight down.
Players need to do a LOT better in the next two games to give us a minimum of 4 points from them to give BW's prediction any hope fo sucess. :cry: :cry:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:40 am

We are destined for where we deserve to be.
12th place.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby TerracingTomas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:44 pm

From the BBC Scotland Sports website

Hamilton should have enough

Hamilton Academical fans will not rest easy until the season is done with their side sitting comfortably in 10th, but the stats suggest the coming weeks may play out favourably for their club. Perceived as the perennial Premiership survivors, Accies have undoubtedly got more experience than most when it comes to getting over the line.

And, in Brian Rice, they may have found a manager that can squeeze out enough points to stay in the division. Not only has Hamilton's points per game figure jumped from 0.72 under Martin Canning to 1.1 under Rice, but during his 10-game tenure he has also overseen a win over St Johnstone and draws against St Mirren and Dundee.

At this stage of the season, there is no silver bullet that can assure Hamilton of survival, but their recent managerial shift suggests they are improving and should have enough to put sufficient space between them and the bottom two spots.

TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Sun May 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Over his 13 games Rice’s points per games is now 1.23. Over Cannings last 13 it was 0.53 :oops: Only 1 point more needed for safety which takes us to your 31 points Big Wurzil.
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Bluesy » Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 pm

1 point may not be enough unfortunately.
Lose to St Mirren and draw with St Johnstone whilst they inevitably beat Dundee puts us in the playoffs.
Bluesy
Premiership

Postby Big Wurzil » Mon May 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Or 1 win and 4 draws as how it may pan out if we draw in Paisley next monday.

To be honest I was expecting a home win v st mirren before the split then any other home win and a draw but 2 draw v Motherwell and livi were a bonus.

Plus we’re on a nice 4 game unbeaten run in the league which is good for the confidence.
Big Wurzil
Championship

Return to The Accies