Fountain of Youth Stadium

Match day discussion, transfers, and all things Accies

Fountain of Youth Stadium

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:40 pm

WTF is this latest piece of pish from McGowan and Co?
We are not interested in this latest gimmick.
We all know the £750K doesn't exist.
Do us all a massive favour and GTF McGowan and let a Football person in to take over the Football Department.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Re: Fountain of Youth Stadium

Postby Big Wurzil » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Care to elaborate SF?
Big Wurzil
Championship

Postby Stevie Clarke » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:55 am

Shit, ten more years of Dougie Imrie.

Sorry Dougie. :-)
Stevie Clarke
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:32 pm

This has the potential to go 2 ways. One it turns into an outstanding success generating a lot of cash for the club over the next few years or it is going to be another Dome fiasco. A quick check of the main company supposedly behind this, WSA Holdings Ltd, which was only set up in 2018 leads me to me to think this is more likely to a Dome scenario. One of the sponsors mentioned in the article David Watson is a also a director of wait for it 'Spanish Mortgage and Loan Compensation Ltd. Which is about as a big a leap in the opposite direction from stem cell treatments as its possible to get. In addition a quick ckeck of the South Lanarkshire Council planning site shows no signs of any planning applications for either a new TV gantry or a research and wellness centre as yet. As for a £750,00 over 5 years there is nothing to indicate WSA Holdings has that kind of funds available. I await with bated breathe the turf cutting ceremony.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:43 pm

Accies have said it.
So it must be true.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby adriansprott » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:35 am

Pity it's not an IT company that's our new sponsor , club website hasn't been updated for over a week , according to the Home Page apparently our next game is Aberdeen away on Wed Feb 26th ........ It was actually Wed 27th but there you go ......
adriansprott
Pub League

Postby porcupine » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:06 pm

TerracingTomas wrote:This has the potential to go 2 ways. One it turns into an outstanding success generating a lot of cash for the club over the next few years or it is going to be another Dome fiasco. A quick check of the main company supposedly behind this, WSA Holdings Ltd, which was only set up in 2018 leads me to me to think this is more likely to a Dome scenario. One of the sponsors mentioned in the article David Watson is a also a director of wait for it 'Spanish Mortgage and Loan Compensation Ltd. Which is about as a big a leap in the opposite direction from stem cell treatments as its possible to get. In addition a quick ckeck of the South Lanarkshire Council planning site shows no signs of any planning applications for either a new TV gantry or a research and wellness centre as yet. As for a £750,00 over 5 years there is nothing to indicate WSA Holdings has that kind of funds available. I await with bated breathe the turf cutting ceremony.

In my experience from another life, there were few companies, other than multi-nationals, that could afford to shell out £150K a year sponsorship, for five years, even though they had been trading (& at profit) for many, many years. Are we seriously expected to believe that a start-up company, just from August last year, has the financial wherewithall to support such a contract, when there are no accounts available to substantiate this?

In the same way that HopeCBD's five figure sponsorship income each year for five years seemed to many being more "in Hope" than "Expectation", this latest sponsorship income source remains a mystery. Good to know however, that the cutting edge of stem cell R & D will soon be available to Hamiltonians.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby TerracingTomas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Not just Hamiltonians with 2 legs Porcupine, my daughters dog got stem cell treatment for an arthritic joint !! Didn’t work but cost a fortune. Neither of the gentlemen behind this venture seem to be medically qualified but heh a fool and his money are easy parted just ask McGowan who seems to be coining it in at the moment judging by the the number of Hope marked up vehicles occupying NDP’s car park.
Any future sponsors should contact liningourownpockets@mcgoofeystadium.com
TerracingTomas
Premiership

Postby YeOldeHamiltonian » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

The two guys were at reserve game today(2-0 loss v Aberdeen) and seemed keen enough.
YeOldeHamiltonian
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Shouldn't really reveal this because I've been sworn to secrecy.
My source will be raging I've broken their confidence but never mind.
I can exclusively reveal that already the Club have ripped up the Fountain of Youth Stadium deal and opted for yet another Stadium naming rights deal with an American salesman.
From now on NDP will be known for the next 6 months (or maybe less) as the South Carolina Snake Oil Salesman Stadium.
What a belter !
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby porcupine » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:06 pm

I was looking for an acronym in your new stadium name but failed to see it. SCSOSS?? Can you improve on this? :D
Oh, and I do get the meaning behind your suggestion, BTW.
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 pm

Sorry not talented enough for acronyms.
Sounds painful though.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Euan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 am

On the subject of acronyms

Swift Frank is

Someone Who Is Forever Telling Fairly Rubbish Anecdotes. No Kidding!
Euan
Premiership

Postby porcupine » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:18 pm

:lol:
porcupine
Premiership

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:22 pm

Extra Urine As Normal.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Postby Swift Frank » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Prick Oddity Regularly Chats Up Pensioners In Nursinghomes Everyweekend.
Swift Frank
Team Mascot

Return to The Accies